THE BROWNS BOARD

Travis Benjamin

Opal312

We always knew he was much more than just a punt returner. He's healthy now and has FOUR TDs in two games tied with Gronk.

I sure hope Pettine is going to ride the hot hand with Manziel and Benjamin. We can win a lot of games with that duo, our defense and Crowell.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I thought I heard talk after the draft he might not make the team? I will eat crow if Manziel turns out to be the franchise QB. I wanted Garapollo or Blake Bortles who's done Zero.

as awesome as those returns are, am i the only one who cringes everytime the gunners converge on him? He's basically become our #1 so watching him approach that oncoming train has me nervous everytime. I hope at least he's been told under no circumstances are you to try that spin move again...cause he got hit in mid spin last time which is what tore the fuck out of his knee. Love the Manziel Benjamin connection brewing, don't want to see that derailed by him taking a grenade on a punt return.

He had a good day. His fingertip catch for the first TD was because he lost track of the ball, though. Probably a bit harsh, but that's the way I saw it.

Let's wait, see if he ends the season with 15 TDs, or if he's hit his limit. I hope it's the former, though I struggle to envisage Travis Benjamin joining the elite receivers and getting a Julio Jones contract (he's in a contract year)!

I'm happy I was dead wrong about Benji, to this point. I wish JG was here to catch some bombs. I would feel so much better about giving JFF the keys to the car if there was a little more horsepower. This team is one beer away from being explosive.

The keys to the car and more horsepower is getting in sync with the other weapons. Benji is JM's bread & Butter but 2 Bombs & A Punt Return is no winning recipe weekly. Fixing Balls late and a tick behind other weapons may lead to that explosion. Big steps from Week 1 Offensively but better Defenses looming on schedule ahead.

Archived