THE BROWNS BOARD

Chip Kelly Signs Thad Lewis

Opal312

Show of hands who thinks Colorado has the goods to be as good a program over the course of an entire coaching tenure as Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Texas, and LSU? Anyone (besides Gipper)?

Kelly's boosters paid (and they still do at Oregon) recruits like crazy. Built a premier stadium, premier facilities, and put them on the map with the Nike partnership.

Show of hands who thinks Colorado has the goods to be as good a program over the course of an entire coaching tenure as Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Texas, and LSU? Anyone (besides Gipper)?

How long does the NCAA continue to test for THC?

Kelly's boosters paid (and they still do at Oregon) recruits like crazy. Built a premier stadium, premier facilities, and put them on the map with the Nike partnership.

Colorado has a fine stadium.....I mean, any stadium featured in the intro to Mork and Mindy must be a fine place, no? :lol:

Seriously....I don't think you were listening. Colorado does have that potential...with the right coach. It proved it could be a premier program when McCarthy was running it. And, again, it may be a lifestyle choice. All things being equal....I would rather be in Boulder than in any of those other SEC places you mention. And Kelly has familiarity with the Pac12 and that could be a factor.

If you are saying that Kelly would strictly go to a place for the money....and that those other places would probably pay more than Colo. at the outset....then I cannot tell if that is the case. But somehow I don't think so. He is a bachelor....no family to support. He certainly has all the money he needs for himself....and he would have plenty if he went to Colo. It is more of an ego thing with him surely Shirley. It is one of the reasons he went to the NFL. I think he would want the ego boost of elevating a somewhat "down" program that has potential. (of course, in this regard...it could be one of the reasons he could look to Texas. LSU won't be a factor even though you listed it twice....ggghuh. LSU will win the SEC and play in the College Playoff.....just a little prediction. Their coach won't be going anywhere. The TUN job is taken.

Archived