THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/Raiders Trivia

The Gipper

Here is this week's trivia dealing with the Browns next opponent:

1.A. What is the all time regular season head to head record between the Browns and the Raiders?

B. What is the post season head to head record?

2. What player in history made the Pro Bowl as a member of both the Browns and the Raiders?

3. What QB was the primary starting QB for the Raiders in a season who was also the primary starting QB for the Browns in a season?

4. What first round draft pick of the Raiders some of his career with the Browns?

5. What is the last postseason game in which the Raiders have appeared?

6. A. Which of the following was the actual first name given to the Oakland AFL franchise but later changed to The Raiders:

Angels, Bikers, Caballeros, Diablos, Monsters, Oaks, Oranges, Prospectors, Redwoods, Senors

B. Oakland was not the city in which that franchise was first supposed to be located. Which city were they supposed to be in?

7. The "Raider" or Pirate on the Raiders logo depicts an actual person. Who is this person?

8. The original Raiders uniforms (worn for like 2-3 years) were NOT silver and black. What colors were they?

9. A. In which stadium did the Raiders play their first game?

B. What is that stadium otherwise famous for? (think: movie)

10. The Raiders ended the Dolphins winning streak in 1973 after the Dolphins perfect 1972 season.

In what stadium was that game played?

11. Name the last 2 people to wear the #2 for the Raiders.

12. Name the Raiders career leaders in the following categories:

Passing yards and TDs:

Rushing yards and TDs:

Receiving yards and TDs:

Been a while... let's see if I have anything left...

1.A. What is the all time regular season head to head record between the Browns and the Raiders?

Since '71 roughly every 3 years... say eleven regular season meetings...

Them in the 70's... us in the 80's... them in the 90's flip a coin in the 2000's...

Guess 4-5

I know of one loss... dammit... 0-1

2. What player in history made the Pro Bowl as a member of both the Browns and the Raiders?

Alzedo?

3. What QB was the primary starting QB for the Raiders in a season who was also the primary starting QB for the Browns in a season?

Tomzak?

4. What first round draft pick of the Raiders some of his career with the Browns?

Lyle wasn't a number 1... going to guess was a guy that did not turn out being a #1...

I think Ricky Dudley stopped by for a cup of coffee by on his way out of the league. I know he was a hot commodity coming out of OSU and went to the Raiders... seems to fit the bill...

Geez... The SB that Gruden and his Bucs beat them in... early 2000's... Brad Johnson was their QB.

6. A. Which of the following was the actual first name given to the Oakland AFL franchise but later changed to The Raiders:

Angels, Bikers, Caballeros, Diablos, Monsters, Oaks, Oranges, Prospectors, Redwoods, Senors

Prospectors sounds like enough of a 49er rip-off to be right...

B. Oakland was not the city in which that franchise was first supposed to be located. Which city were they supposed to be in?

WAG... LA

7. The "Raider" or Pirate on the Raiders logo depicts an actual person. Who is this person?

I did peek at the logo... looks like original, DC comic's Superman to me...

8. The original Raiders uniforms (worn for like 2-3 years) were NOT silver and black. What colors were they?

No idea... I think I'm getting tired... WAG - Black and White

Candlestick Park?

lol... gotta be Dirty Harry and Kesar Stadium... so change my above guess, please...

10. The Raiders ended the Dolphins winning streak in 1973 after the Dolphins perfect 1972 season.

If it wasn't Oakland Alameda, I've no idea...

Pretty sure JaMarkus was one of them... maybe Pryor for the other???

Passing yards and TDs: Stabler

Rushing yards and TDs: Allen

Receiving yards and TDs: Brown (Tim)

Been a while... let's see if I have anything left...

Since '71 roughly every 3 years... say eleven regular season meetings...

Them in the 70's... us in the 80's... them in the 90's flip a coin in the 2000's...

Guess 4-5

NO

I know of one loss... dammit... 0-1

NO

Alzedo?

NO

Tomzak?

NO

Lyle wasn't a number 1... going to guess was a guy that did not turn out being a #1...

I think Ricky Dudley stopped by for a cup of coffee by on his way out of the league. I know he was a hot commodity coming out of OSU and went to the Raiders... seems to fit the bill...

Check

Geez... The SB that Gruden and his Bucs beat them in... early 2000's... Brad Johnson was their QB.

Check

Prospectors sounds like enough of a 49er rip-off to be right...

NO

WAG... LA

NO

I did peek at the logo... looks like original, DC comic's Superman to me...

NO

No idea... I think I'm getting tired... WAG - Black and White

NO

Candlestick Park?

lol... gotta be Dirty Harry and Kesar Stadium... so change my above guess, please...

Check on your change.

If it wasn't Oakland Alameda, I've no idea...

NO

Pretty sure JaMarkus was one of them... maybe Pryor for the other???

Check

Passing yards and TDs: Stabler

Rushing yards and TDs: Allen

Receiving yards and TDs: Brown (Tim)

Check on all!

Interim report. Half the question answered;

1. A. What is the all time head to head record between the Browns and Raiders, regular season

B. What is the post season record?

2. What player made the Pro Bowl as both a Brown and a Raider?

3. What QB that was a primary starter for the Raider one year was also a primary starter for the Browns one year?

6.A. See the list above.....which one was the "original" name of the Raiders?

B. What city was the Oakland AFL franchise actually supposed to have been located in?

7. The Raider "Pirate" emblem is actually a depiction of a real person. Who?

8. What were the original colors of the Raiders that they wore for a couple of years?

10. The Raiders ended the Dolphins win streak after their perfect 1972 season. In which stadium did this game take place? Hint....it is the only game they ever played in that stadium.

1. A. What is the all time head to head record between the Browns and Raiders, regular season

Raiders lead 13-12

2-0 Oak

Greg Pruitt

3. What QB that was a primary starter for the Raider one year was also a primary starter for the Browns one year?

Jason Campbell

B. What city was the Oakland AFL franchise actually supposed to have been located in?

8. What were the original colors of the Raiders that they wore for a couple of years?

10. The Raiders ended the Dolphins win streak after their perfect 1972 season. In which stadium did this game take place? Hint....it is the only game they ever played in that stadium.

Palo Alto, Stanford Stadium (or whatever it's called)

Jason Campbell

lol... how did I not remember Jason?

Well done, Bob...

Raiders lead 13-12 Close, but not quite....I give you half credit.

2-0 Oak Check

Greg Pruitt Check

Jason Campbell Check

Palo Alto, Stanford Stadium (or whatever it's called)

NO

Still 4 questions going begging.

Here is this week's trivia dealing with the Browns next opponent:

Answers:

The Raiders lead 11-10. Browns can even series on Sunday

Raiders lead 2-0. Of course there was Red Right 88 plus another loss in Strike Season of 1982

Greg Pruitt

Jason Campbell

Rickey Dudley

Super Bowl... WTFever. After 2002 season, defeated by Buccaneers.

The Senors. Chosen apparently by a fan vote....but, so many jokes about that name started cropping up they decided to change it to Raiders.

Minnesota. AFL had initially chosen Minnesota for the site of a franchise, but then the NFL decided to expand there with the Vikings and the AFL decided it would leave. Also, Baron Hilton, founder of the Chargers said to the league that he wanted another West Coast AFL team, so Oakland was chosen.

Actor Randolph Scott

Black and gold...

Kezar stadium.....site of the scene in Dirty Harry.

Cal-Berkely's Memorial Stadium. This was 1973...in the heart of the Oakland A's dynastic championship run (with Reggie Jackson etc.). The A's had to play a playoff game at the Oakland Coliseum, so the Raiders moved their game to Berkeley.

And yes, this is the only time in their history that the Raiders played in that nearby stadium.

Jamarcus Russell and Terrelle Pryor.

Passing yards and TDs: Ken Stabler

Rushing yards and TDs: Marcus Allen

Receiving yards and TDs: Tim Brown

Archived