Clevfan4life

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's guys for me in no particular order:

Offense:

Cooner Cook

Zeke Elliott

Braxton Miller (I really think he'll end up being a steal to someone)

corey coleman (beast)

Laquan Treadwell

Josh Doctson

Defense:

Jaylon Smith

Joey Bosa

Scooby Wright (really like him)

An OLB.

They actually have OLBs that MIGHT be fine.......if the coaches knew how to use them. Mingo....yes, Mingo. Let him pass rush. Kruger. Armonty. Nate Orchard.

Again, I look at each individual player on this defense and I see a lot of talent. Grossly misused talent.

A WR ...big, tall fast would be useful.

Otherwise just take the best damn player available.

If the Browns are to have a Top 5 pick, we should look at these guys:

Joey Bosa, obviously

Jalen Ramsey CB FSU

Vernon Hargreaves, CB Fla.

Paxton Lynch QB Memphis

Laquon Treadwell...WR Ole Miss.

Not sure how the fuck I forgot about Hargreaves. But yes, that kid is a stud.

They actually have OLBs that MIGHT be fine.......if the coaches knew how to use them. Mingo....yes, Mingo. Let him pass rush. Kruger. Armonty. Nate Orchard.

Again, I look at each individual player on this defense and I see a lot of talent. Grossly misused talent.

Gip, I'm with you on better utilizing the talent we have on defense. IF there is a stud LB, ok...other than that, I would hit offense hard. I'd LOVE to have Zeke Elliott & wouldn't gripe a bit about Bosa & Treadwell.

IF they made a trade including Johnny to Dallas for their #1, I would have my eye out for Lynch & Elliott. I'm certainly not wanting to trade Johnny, but the question was asked.

Mike

Too early to talk about this. We'll end up with the last pick of the first round anyway once we win this Superbowl. Win-out, 8-8 Wildcard, Johnny leads us to the playoffs and we shock the fucking world... even ourselves maybe!

Too early to answer this question..not that I'd have a real serious opinion one way or another. But we have to wait and see what the next 6 (hopefully) games bring from Johnny to know whether he's the guy for next year or if we're looking for a QB.

Best case scenario in my opinion....Johnny plays well each week, some ups and downs are to be expected but he puts up good numbers and makes good decisions and we win a few, 3-3 is not a ridiculous expectation. If he plays well, regardless of the record, we don't need a QB in round 1 next year and we can draft a QB eating linebacker from jerkwater A&M.

Glad to see the LT train at WR. Treadwell is a Dez look a like with a hell of a go get the ball radius. Decisions on Johnny & Josh Gordon would help but I cannot pass on a guy like Bosa with our needs on D as our first pick. Treadwell as second pick with Gordon, even better. QB's are a total crabshoot to get close to Carr or Bortles talent imo.

Too early to answer this question..not that I'd have a real serious opinion one way or another. But we have to wait and see what the next 6 (hopefully) games bring from Johnny to know whether he's the guy for next year or if we're looking for a QB.

Best case scenario in my opinion....Johnny plays well each week, some ups and downs are to be expected but he puts up good numbers and makes good decisions and we win a few, 3-3 is not a ridiculous expectation. If he plays well, regardless of the record, we don't need a QB in round 1 next year and we can draft a QB eating linebacker from jerkwater A&M.

LOL-well my A&M has crappy LB's so please don't get them from there. Now 2017 with DE Garrett is a totally different story. Find a way to trade up for him.

I'd have no problem with Bosa, but if he is gone then Treadwell for sure. Elliott will go in the 1st, but Henry is a big power back with breakaway speed we should take early 2nd round regardless of who we take in the 1st (unless it's Elliott). This team desperately needs a big powerful straitaway back to put fear in LB's and open up JM's PA options.

LOL-well my A&M has crappy LB's so please don't get them from there. Now 2017 with DE Garrett is a totally different story. Find a way to trade up for him.

Jerkwater A&M was a generic college...meaning I could care less where he comes from....I just hope that he wants to eat QB's for breakfast lunch and dinner. Lawrence Nitchkis is who i'm looking for...nothing specific..

That's true actually. They might be ok. So are you are on my "it's Pettine's fault not Farmer's" train then, right?

Not sure, it's early.

BOSA / OSU

Adolphus Washington/ OSU

A quarterback but not sold on Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch who they say needs to be developed.

We could steal Braxton Miller or JT Barret if he were to declare

Wide receiver is a glaring need but I would go with Bosa or Adolphus Washington first.

Browns probably already addressing these possibilities

I think drafting first you'd sort of have to take Bosa. Bosa is the real deal! Not like that bust Jadevon Clowney. And everyone knew he sucked.

69, Garrett ain't no top 5 pick anymore. Not at the moment.

Every team now schemes for him in 3 ways. First and foremost, extremely short passing game to get the ball out within 2 seconds or less. 2nd double and triple team and 3rd run a lot against our sorry LB crew up the middle. They also try to roll out to the other side a lot and throw/run off that. They do similar things to Bosa now too (without the sorry LB statement), but it does not appear to be hurting his draft stock. Bosa has a better D crew to work with right now than does Garrett, and frankly not near the caliber of opponent week to week. He'll go high anyway. So I'll stand by my top 5 and likely top 3.

As you can imagine dont get to see much college ball here but that Treadwell WR looks a stud, I very much doubt we'd take a WR that high though.

Have you seen *any* coverage? I don't remember any even for the playoffs.

Have you seen *any* coverage? I don't remember any even for the playoffs.

Yeah I have a bit as I have BT/ESPN.

I also have an android box with Kodi on now and all the US Sports channels are on there, best £40 I've ever spent!

Bosa's TFL stats I did not know, and they are mind blowing. So not only is he one of the most elite pass rushers over the past few years but he actually has the most TFL's by a defensive player than anyone in college the last few years? Did I read that right? I mean I knew he had absolute textbook form holding lineman off of him and getting to the runner, I just didn't realize he led everybody. Wow. A run stopping DE/DL? Also potentially can be used as a dropback DE or hybrid OLB'er in a zone....don't they call these kids 5 tools or something? I mean this fucker is ridiculous.

We cannot let this dude land in the north somewhere other than Cleveland.

I'd have no problem with Bosa, but if he is gone then Treadwell for sure. Elliott will go in the 1st, but Henry is a big power back with breakaway speed we should take early 2nd round regardless of who we take in the 1st (unless it's Elliott). This team desperately needs a big powerful straitaway back to put fear in LB's and open up JM's PA options.

We are done drafting fucking Alabama RBs in the first round.

Archived