THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Carson's campaign: the gift that keeps on giving

bbedward

First there was this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/us/politics/ben-carson-is-struggling-to-grasp-foreign-policy-advisers-say.html

Then his campaign response: old man, doesn't know what he's talking about basically

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/666733980843122688

Lastly: His #1 Advisor "top man" Armstrong Williams is the one who gave the NYT Clarridges phone number and said he was a mentor to Ben on foreign policy

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2015/11/ben-carson-elderly-gentleman-duane-clarridge-215997

Nobody has been able to sit down with him and have him get one iota of intelligent information about the Middle East, Duane R. Clarridge, a top adviser to Mr. Carson on terrorism and national security, said in an interview. He also said Mr. Carson needed weekly conference calls briefing him on foreign policy so we can make him smart."

Some "advisor" .... runs to the media with nonsense.

A closet democrat "advisor" perhaps?

non-story.

Too bad nobody ever quizzed obamao on anything...

Some "advisor" .... runs to the media with nonsense.

A closet democrat "advisor" perhaps?

non-story.

Too bad nobody ever quizzed obamao on anything...

No, Ben Carson's #1 Advisor (Armstrong) gave the NY times his phone number and said he's a mentor to Carson on foreign policy.

So Ben Carson's campaign actually told the media to talk to this guy. Who also happened to be a major figure in Iran-Contra

I read this yesterday, I thought it was jarring to read his own advisors basically saying yeah they guy is struggling with basic concepts like who's who in the middle east. If you gave me a blank map of the middle east I might be able to pick out a few of the obvious countries but apparently a guy trying to be our president couldn't ID any country and can't grasp simple basics like who's who in the middle east and what the history of some of these conflicts are. No thank you, go back to neurosurgery. If you're gonna talk about using our military in the middle east than it's an absolute "must" that you intrinsically understand what's going on there.

He's running for president for the same reason Trump is, to glorify his own ego. I want no part of these clowns. Hillary's the same. This is why, even though I cringe at some of his ideas, I would vote in a heartbeat for a guy like Sanders because I don't feel he's got an overblown ego. I think Rand might have slightly more of an ego obviously but I do feel like Rand really does give a shit. Why why why is he so low in the polls? I want a decent person in the white house who has some measure of empathy for not just people in this country but also abroad.

But we probably did the right thing with Iran Contra.

WSS

We planned to funnel arms through Israel to Iranian recipients to free some hostages and fund some group in Nicaragua. You can't make up something that stupid. I'd bet there's a mountain of shit more to that scandal than we were ever told cause that shit just doesn't add up.

We planned to funnel arms through Israel to Iranian recipients to free some hostages and fund some group in Nicaragua. You can't make up something that stupid. I'd bet there's a mountain of shit more to that scandal than we were ever told cause that shit just doesn't add up.

So what's the problem?

WSS

The problem is that no matter what angle I view that whole thing from, it makes us look profoundly Retarded. I can't find an angle that makes any sense whatsoever. It's facepalms all around. And that's before I hear Reagan in my mind repeating "I don't recall" like a senile incompetent half wit. Which I know he wasn't, at least at that time.....

...And that's before I hear Reagan in my mind repeating "I don't recall" like a senile incompetent half wit. Which I know he wasn't, at least at that time.....

I dunno. Nancy and him used to consult an astrologer over almost every major decision made in the White House. Look up Jeane Dixon and Joan Quigley. Last thing we need is another crackpot in the office who has one hand on the big button, while also dabbling in pseudo-scientific nonsense or who would possibly use the Bible like some magic 8-ball. I'm not saying Ben Carson necessarily would, but I wouldn't put it past him either.

The problem is that no matter what angle I view that whole thing from, it makes us look profoundly Retard. I can't find an angle that makes any sense whatsoever. It's facepalms all around. And that's before I hear Reagan in my mind repeating "I don't recall" like a senile incompetent half wit. Which I know he wasn't, at least at that time.....

Actually funding the Contras was the right thing to do. As usually happens with party politics the Democrats only wanted to stop it because Reagan wanted to do it. Soon after Congress changed their minds and decided that sending help to the Contras was a good idea.

WSS

Actually funding the Contras was the right thing to do. As usually happens with party politics the Democrats only wanted to stop it because Reagan wanted to do it. Soon after Congress changed their minds and decided that sending help to the Contras was a good idea.

WSS

1) The contras were terrorists.

2) What was once the contras now run some of the biggest cocaine operations in central America.

yeah that was a good job out of us.

Archived