THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghosts stories

One Post

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you don't mind but here's a story I wrote some time back. It's been edited this is a rough draft. I'm on my tablet tonight kicking my feet up.

The Hitch Hiker

She was alone and rebellious. A lot of back roads have taken her this far and this was her chance to finally get out of where she seemingly has always been....she sees headlights on a dark night of no moon. It's Halloween night. The dark of night allows time within contact. You know, like when you're waiting it seems like it takes forever. It does for some.

She stares at the light hoping...then gets caught in memory...then snaps into reality. The car approaching is a mile away but seems so close she can touch it. She is so drawn to the moment it's like she's still and will always be there.

The car is pulled along side of her as she is awaked by a shout. It's the driver yelling if she is going to get in or not. She gathers herself and enters. And yes this is where the story begins....

The car is inviting as the warmth revives her senses. The radio is low and that's ok with her.

With some small talk about the weather and names mentioned the driver fears her. It's about premonition and response. But, however it's about respect not drawing a wrong conclusion, which would be disrespectful to a would be villain. You don't want to kick a hornets nest after you have picked it up.

The '72 Nova pushed forward with only the sound of the exhaust for some time. The driver was sweating scared of the hitch hiker and was too scared to tell her to get out as she was reminding him of past mistakes without words. It was weird....She was cunning. She was ghostly. She was his past.

As the car drove forward the driver noticed something familiar about her. It was her long dark hair, it was her voice of faintness that offered some sort of unguarded innocence that protected her out of harm due to the natural human response of goodness. "She was evil like that " the driver thought. "she gets what she wants but not from me!" he thought.

She was sitting looking pretty and felt like she always did when she was getting a ride. She loved his car and he wasn't that bad looking...but she was a bit uneasy at the same time. She rolls down the window and her long dark hair spooks the driver into brakes....

"eerrrr"

This driver pulls out his long knife and stabs the girl in her heart. As she bleeds...she dies...she thinks. She remembers...

She was alone and rebellious. A lot of back roads have taken her this far and this was her chance to finally get out of where she seemingly has always been....she sees headlights on a dark night of no moon. It's Halloween night. The dark of night allows time within contact. You know, like when you're waiting it seems like it takes forever. It does for some.

She stares at the light hoping...then gets caught in memory...then snaps into reality. The car approaching is a mile away but seems so close she can touch it. She is so drawn to the moment it's like she's still and will always be there.

The car is pulled along side of her as she is awaked by a shout. It's the driver yelling if she is going to get in or not. She gathers herself and enters. And yes this is where the story begins....

Archived