THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 11 starting QB's

LondonBrown

If Manziel plays well, why exactly would it be a bad thing that Farmer is GM?

He hasn't really hit it out of the park with his other first picks.....now has he?

Just because he didn't draft the guys you wanted?

It's not about the guys I wanted, it's about nailing 1st round picks. Take a look at what the Vikings and Rams have drafted in the 1st round over the last few years. Farmer should take notes.

Yep....I always have......2013 is one of the worst draft classes ever.......and every GM has taken heat for that year, yet there was no one good to pick....(esp if you were picking LB)

Id say Mingo is arguably still the best LB from that class...he's at least in the convo.....

You are right.....that 2013 has been a very underachieving draft overall. The best picks, believe it or not, may have been two RBs: Levon Bell and Eddie Lacy (now both on the shelf with injuries or underperformance.

the Browns best pick was 7th rounder Armonty Bryant.

The Best QBs....even now: Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, and Mike Glennon.

An ugly draft.

IF, the Browns have the number 1 pick in the draft and doesn't feel the need for a QB, just think of the trade offers that will come our way?

Without a clear-cut, slam-dunk QB prospect, the price will not be all that high. And FYI, regardless of how JM finishes, if there was such a prospect, we would take him.

What kills me right now is that it won't be terribly easy to grade Johnny Manziel with the team as a whole playing so poorly. I mean, if we're giving up 30 points a game, I don't know many second year qb's that are going to pull out the win.

Another already pointed it out, but W/L is not the basis for evaluating QB.

For all the questioning of our staff, their evaluation and "handling" of JM to this point has been spot on. There is no reason to expect that to change the remainder of 2015.

I would only argue that....

1) Its way way too early on Erving and Shelton.....

2) While they arent "immediate impact" players, can you name someone who was taken AFTER them that was an impact player?...

(here's a chance to go cherry pick the one guy who was.....if there is one.......)

Do they play "impact positions"?

As for later picks... point taken... pretty slim pickings. Nonetheless cases could be made for:

Vikes' Kendricks (ILB, R2) and TJ Clemmings (OT, R4) and Stephon Diggs (WR, R5). Vikes had a helluva draft.

A couple other later OL stepped right into starting roles: KC's Morse (OG, R2) and DNV's Sambraillo (LT, R2).

Biggest impact might be Yeldon (R2) on TB's run game... day 1 starter, 14th in rushing and the leading rookie not named Gurley.

Archived