THE BROWNS BOARD

can someone explain why the Bucks O was such shit today?

Clevfan4life

They never seemed hungry all season, almost sleep walking (except the opener vs. Va. Tech).

Disappointing, but hey a 23 game winning streak is quite a feat.

MSU has a nasty defensive front, I think the way the schedule played out ... waiting three momths to see a top 20 team ... hurt them. They got into a dogfight and they weren't the hungrier, more prepared team.

Z

The play calling has been terrible all season. Herman was great, Warriner is.. not. Elliot had 2 carries after halftime.

I used to think the O was sleepwalking.. now, we're forced to consider the reality that the O was never any good - and that they have been playing up to their potential all season.

The game looked like a 1975 big 10 game

If they don't trust Barrett to throw, put Jones in.

MSU played 8-11 guys 5 yards or closer to the line ALL NIGHT

throw the ball, it's not rocket science.

I, along with the 30 people I was watching the game with could see this

MSU ran the same offense as OSU did. All run, no pass

They ran the ball right down OSU throat.

MSU played the entire night at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball

OSU never adjusted on either side of the ball

Totally on Urban

De Antonio just showed why he could coach in CTown. His team was prepared for this one, from start to finish. Both sides of the ball MSU won the game up front against bucks bread & butter. Cardale with size & vision on the run may have been a better option, but with that wind asking him to throw, no thanks. OSU tried winning with a High School Offense & got beat. Not what you want to see on a 23 game roll. Totally agree Zeke.. STUPID!!

Beck and Meyer (to a lesser degree) have this loss on their shoulders.

Over the course of the season, the same things Nebraska fans cringed about under Beck we saw manifest on this team as well.

It's no coincidence, not by a long shot.

The Bucks have superior talent, home field advantage and the weather wasn't a factor at Minnesota last year.

Clearly this is an issue of use of talent. You don't return a squad with that much fire power only to under perform like that ALL season long.

HA....Honestly, this is hilarious to read......and shows that, no matter what, some of you will bitch about anything....

23 straight wins.....a National Championship....and THE top winning coach in NCAA D1 history.....and you all go on the attack after one loss....and blame it on the Coach too....

Hey...maybe we should just fire Urban along with Pettine, Farmer and Oneil......

Based upon what Ive read here the last few weeks, it doesnt even sound like anyone thinks "Players" have anything to do with winning and losing anymore.....its ALL about the coach and his scheme....smfh

HA....Honestly, this is hilarious to read......and shows that, no matter what, some of you will bitch about anything....

23 straight wins.....a National Championship....and THE top winning coach in NCAA D1 history.....and you all go on the attack after one loss....and blame it on the Coach too....

Hey...maybe we should just fire Urban along with Pettine, Farmer and Oneil......

Based upon what Ive read here the last few weeks, it doesnt even sound like anyone thinks "Players" have anything to do with winning and losing anymore.....its ALL about the coach and his scheme....smfh

Some people would Bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

When the coach comes out and says it was his fault, then it's his fault

He's just doing what good leaders and winners do......

And Zeke?......just doing what whiners and losers do.......Zeke is the guy who flips the board when you get all the properties....

Finger pointing and placing blame never fixed anything......if nothing else, a loss is the time to pull together as a team and work to improve.....but basically saying "I quit" the FIRST time things dont go your way?.....

My whole view of Zeke has taken a 180.....while Urban is still the guy I thought he was.....

Because a coach has never stepped up and taken the heat for a team?

So the overthrow to a wide open Braxton Miller, and the 5 yard punt is on the HC?

It's a joint effort between the players and coaching staff, they share the credit/blame for wins and losses.

And Zeke?......just doing what whiners and losers do.......Zeke is the guy who flips the board when you get all the properties....

Finger pointing and placing blame never fixed anything......if nothing else, a loss is the time to pull together as a team and work to improve.....but basically saying "I quit" the FIRST time things dont go your way?.....

My whole view of Zeke has taken a 180.....while Urban is still the guy I thought he was.....

Well said Mud all the way down to Zeke, whom I was REALLY disappointed in mostly for how he handled his frustration. Urban Meyer has always praised Zeke for being unselfish to the extent that as gifted as a RB as he is - he's even more special in how much he cherishes the opportunity to block people with an unparalleled ability to do that.

I still like Zeke - I just wish he handled his frustration better after the game. All that said, I'm like like Bart Simpson or Eddie Haskell giving advice on behavior etiquette and who's kidding who with that?

That weather dictated the game plans unless anyone thinks Urban Meyer was actually pumped to be 1 dimensional against an opponent like Michigan State. We always hear about how wonderful Nick Saban and the SEC is when nobody in that allegedly superior conference that never seems to challenge Bama. If Saban ever dominated the Big 10 as easily as he's been able to dominate the SEC - he might have wanted to stay. Tell you, compare and contrast the difference between D'Antonio and Saban up at Michigan State.One guy transcended the program while only had 1 or 2 seasons he wanted to remember. BTW the powerhouses the SEC played yesterday beginning with Florida, who needed overtime against Happy Hour State and GA who also played a game too close for comfort vrs GA Southern while Bama played against Myrtle Beach Tech - what a way to prove how invincible that SEC is. Watch Bama get in to the final 4 over Sparty because as usual - noone in that conference is capable of beating Saban. How impressive. That's squids cheered when Ohio State lost because they know the score they aren't capable of changing.

I give Michigan State credit because they earned it.

You seriously misread my post...I saw a lot of bad play last nite.

I did too.

Urban did what all good coaches do, and that is shoulder the blame.

The most disappointing thing was Zeke's comments after the game.

I agree completely on Zeke. Dont want that guy at all now. He's the kind of back that would quit on you if he wasnt getting enough touches or they were losing. He proved to alot of NFL teams that he has a shitty character. It was very interesting to see what some of the former Buckeyes were saying about him declaring for the draft already.

cuz j.t. barrett sucks and would be lucky to get an invite to the combines. until they get someone behind center with a BRAIN they'll look this way in the future seeing is how the comp has read the book and shut down every bullshit play called.

THAT was fucking embarassing.

Archived