THE BROWNS BOARD

More Peyton as GM in 2016 rumors

LogicIsForSquares

1) I don't see why Manning would go FO first before making the insanely easy lateral move to OC. Heck I think Manning would make an amazing DC because let's face it, he knows defense's inside and out. Which would kind of make him a prime target for HC.

2) Anyone that thinks he would come to Cleveland just cause of ole Jimmeh is fooling.

3) enough of this BS.

But we'd get to see a whole lot more of "the pistol"...

Strikes me as a proud man who does not want to remembered for his 2015 performance. Someone may give him the chance to erase it, but I hope it's not us.

As for FO roles... can't see anyone handing him the GM title. What indication is there that he can run an organization? Evaluate talent?

Strikes me as a proud man who does not want to remembered for his 2015 performance. Someone may give him the chance to erase it, but I hope it's not us.

As for FO roles... can't see anyone handing him the GM title. What indication is there that he can run an organization? Evaluate talent?

MKC heard from a guy who is friends with a guy who said that Peyton could definitely run an organization.

1) I don't see why Manning would go FO first before making the insanely easy lateral move to OC. Heck I think Manning would make an amazing DC because let's face it, he knows defense's inside and out. Which would kind of make him a prime target for HC.

2) Anyone that thinks he would come to Cleveland just cause of ole Jimmeh is fooling.

3) enough of this BS.

Manning would never take an OC or HC position- too much work. He's financially set for life, so why in the hell would he want to put in 12-18 hours days coaching? Broadcasting would be way less stress, and he has a pretty good speaking voice.

He's also already said that he wants to play in 2016

Da foot may say otherwise. Plantar fascitis can be real lingering- the older you get, the slower you heal.

If Manning takes an objective look at his performance to date- he should know he's a shadow of what he was.

One thing Manning could do in the FO- and that's tell if his OC is worth anything.

MKC heard from a guy who is friends with a guy who said that Peyton could definitely run an organization.

Ha!......

Oh.....and it looks like you got a lil dirt on your lip.... ;)

Not sure if Manning is smart enough to just jump into a GM's role....but he should be smart enough to retire....

Ha!......

Oh.....and it looks like you got a lil dirt on your lip.... ;)

Not sure if Manning is smart enough to just jump into a GM's role....but he should be smart enough to retire....

Peddling Papa John's pizzas sounds pretty good for a retirement gig.

Manning's mentor & QB coach David Cutcliff at Duke says Peyton may not be done till he hears different from Peyton. He will have Manning at Duke at seasons end to help his student in any way possible. Cutcliff stated in the radio interview "that Peyton has a heart of a college student & that maybe his first steps back into football". Hello Rocky Top imo but he could go executive first..

Manning would never take an OC or HC position- too much work. He's financially set for life, so why in the hell would he want to put in 12-18 hours days coaching? Broadcasting would be way less stress, and he has a pretty good speaking voice.

Da foot may say otherwise. Plantar fascitis can be real lingering- the older you get, the slower you heal.

I agree with the first statement. Why would he want to put in that kind of work? Front office work is still a lot of hours but it's a whole nother deal. The 2nd....I'm sure it will take a bit to heal...but shit..he was never very fast to begin with..

There needs to be a national intervention if Manning tries to play next year. There's more to life than playing QB bro. Go be rich and take an office job. You have nothing left to prove.

As far as him coming to Cleveland...who knows? Do I severely doubt it? Hell yes, but apparently he and Jimmy are pretty close. It's probably between us and Tennessee.

Archived