THE BROWNS BOARD

ObaMao's leftwing motive about denying the Keystone Pipeline

calfoxwc

Here's a simple fact on the pipeline, from Wikipedia.

"However, after more than six years of review, the United States President Barack Obama announced on November 6, 2015, his administration's rejection of the fourth phase."

Six years?

A. Obamao is a bigot. He admits that without realizing it maybe, many times in his book.

B. He is clearly and openly bigoted towards Muslims and Blacks. He's a racist.

C. He has always? been bigoted against Americans with guns and their Bibles, our Constitution, especially

our 2nd Amendment.

D. He has been bigoted against coal.

E. He is completely FOR unlimited abortion, to the point of late term and already born children. That's infanticide.

F. He has always been bigoted towards any conservative, and any media that disagrees with him.

G. Gee, don't just take it from me - here's a psychiatrist saying he's a racist.

He IS a racist, he's bigoted in many ways past that,

and the pipeline, after SIX YEARS...

was simply a political decision. That's pretty much the only way I can see it.

And, he is very serious, angry, extremely psychotically maybe arrogant and 100 percent leftwing

political.

and that is why he finally chose to do what he was always going to do.

Because we can put aside footballing rivalries to discuss actual important things? Like how people aren't putting aside political rivalries to discuss actual important things...

Which, if you allow me to be cynical, probably have less effect on our day-to-day lives than a quarterback controversy....

:)

WSS

Because we can put aside footballing rivalries to discuss actual important things? Like how people aren't putting aside political rivalries to discuss actual important things...

Oh I would have zero problem with him if he was cool but a steelers fan. But he's not exactly that is he chris? He's a troll. He's here to shit up the board because he likes trolling Browns fans.

Oh I would have zero problem with him (Cleve, woodpecker) if he was cool .... But he's not exactly that is he....? He's a troll. He's here to shit up the board because he likes trolling Browns fans.

Cleve IDIOT EMOTIONAL KNEE JERK ALERT

Do normal people usually use the word "bigoted" in reference to inaminate objects, concepts or ideas? Like now Obama is bigoted towards coal. Damn you piece of inanimate carbon!!!!

Now, here is what I said:

"He has been bigoted against coal. "

I said OBAMAO HAS BEEN BIGOTED... on the subject of coal... he's extremely biased about it.

Now, that is what I mean by knee jerk. Now, study that sentence in red, and tell me where

I said that coal is bigoted.

Take your time - you aren't smart, and you might be dyslexic, which isn't your fault.

Obviously, many, many people use coal in our country, - it works for folks, and they

agree with using it.

Obamao is bigoted against the idea that coal is okay.

So, he's bigoted against coal, the idea of using coal...

adjective
utterly intolerant of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

(hint: you just made a fool of yourself again)

I didn't say that you said "coal" is bigoted. You're just a moron, a factual moron. And you doubled down in that last post that Obama is "bigoted" toward coal....normal people just don't use the word bigoted like that. Infact the definition you posted (creed, belief, opinion) also hints to the fact that you might very well be a complete and profound moron.

you threatening somebody with that asshole remark, clevefrankenstein?

maybe you need a time out.

Most of us are here to talk politics.

You are just here to be an online bigshot bigmouth.

Not workin for ya.

See cal you've succumbed to that precisely. You can't work across the aisle at all. You're a symptom of the partisanship that's poisoning this country. Cysko

I don't have to. I'm not a politician. The left is so far left, working with them lets them

set the middle way left.

Not buyin it, that's all. Say, you want to come out to the farm and shoot some groundhog skeet?

Stuart

Kinda like if that meme was anti GOP, you'd be all over it instead of ignoring it?

An stop with your simpleton logic. The GOP could never be against the Keystone...

https://newrepublic.com/article/121042/justin-amash-votes-no-house-keystone-bill

...There is a reason each party exists. Both adhere to certain principles and have their own ideology. There is the right and there is the wrong.

There are names we have for GOP members that veer away...they're called RINOS and suckups.

I guess Rep. Amash is one of those RINO's then. I guess it's anti-GOP to want to prevent a single company or select few companies to have a monopoly over oil coming through the pipeline.

He IS a racist, he's bigoted in many ways past that,

and the pipeline, after SIX YEARS...

was simply a political decision. That's pretty much the only way I can see it.

And, he is very serious, angry, extremely psychotically maybe arrogant and 100 percent leftwing

political.

and that is why he finally chose to do what he was always going to do.

I wouldnt disagree with that statement. Would it suprise me to find out that Obama considered Buffet when applying his veto? No. Just as it doesn't suprise me that politicians at all levels are influcenced by the ones who help keep them in power. The majority of Americans are apathetic on how their government actually works, and who they are voting for. It is my opinion that lobbyists, corporate entities, and special interest groups that are the ones that really have the most influence over politics in this country, because they control politicians pocketbooks. So, Cal, I find myself in agreement with you on the influence of crony capatalism and the governement.

HOWEVER...

You are being naive at best, willfully ignorant at worst, if you believe that "libs" or Obama are the only ones who could be influenced by PACs. special interest groups, and other lobbiests in the pipline debate. Now, who would stand to lose out on money if the Keystone pipeline remains unfinished? Let's take a look:

koch-land-holdings-tar-sands.jpg

Acreage_Koch.jpg

The Kochs have repeatedly claimed that they have no interest in the Keystone XL pipeline, this report shows that is false, said Victor Menotti, executive director of IFG. We noticed Koch Funded Tea Party members and think tanks pushing for the pipeline. We dug deeper and found $100 billion in profits, $50 million sent to organizations supporting the pipeline, and perhaps 2 million acres of land. That sounds like an interest.

kochmap.jpg

International Forum on Globalization (IGF) report on Koch Brother's involvement in Keystone pipeline: http://kochcash.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Embargo_Report.pdf

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/13/pols-lobbyists-cash-in-on-keystone-xl-pipeline

Pols, Lobbyists Cash in on Keystone

Oil pipeline? More like a cash funnel.

Crude has yet to flow through the proposed $5.4 billion Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to the U.S., but as the Senate prepares for its second vote on the 1,179-mile project later this month, interest groups have sent hundreds of millions of dollars to lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

With the prospects of the GOP takeover this year, which in fact happened, and Keystone being one of the major if not the major to-do item on the list, I would say the pressures very high, says Nancy Watzman, a consultant to the Sunlight Foundation, which tracks money in politics.

The oil and gas industry, environmental groups, construction groups and building trade unions gave more than $232.3 million to lawmakers last year alone, according to data compiled by OpenSecrets, which analyzes political spending. And that doesnt include the $154.4 million they spent on lobbying, a figure that itself excludes money spent on so-called strategic advisors and other influence peddlers who are not required to publicly report their contracts or income let alone outside expenditures by super PACs.

The amount of money thats been spent is just astronomical, says political science professor Jim Thurber, director of the Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies at American University.

And all that cash has helped make Keystone XL priority No. 1 for Republicans in Congress and, for the project's Democratic opponents, public enemy No. 1. Having taken control of the Senate, GOP lawmakers have pledged to finally pass a bill allowing construction of the controversial pipeline, which has been vigorously opposed by environmentalists and stalled for six years awaiting White House approval.

The project requires the presidents signature because it crosses an international border. President Barack Obama has said he will base his decision on a long-delayed State Department review and vowed to veto Congress bill, which the White House said "conflicts with longstanding executive branch procedures."

The Senate cleared a procedural hurdle Monday, moving the bill into the amendments process and one step closer to a full vote. The six-year fight over the pipeline, meanwhile, has proved a boon to lobbyists and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, who reap huge sums from hotly contested debates.

This is the latest issue and theyre pouring money into it, Thurber says. Liberal Democrats like it because they can solicit funds form the clean air coalition, and people on the other side like it, too.

Still, he and others cautioned, drawing direct connections between donations and lawmakers votes can prove dangerous work. Its not as simple as you give money and people vote the way you want to, Thurber says. Whats more, Keystone XL is hardly the only issue on advocates agendas.

I dont know that you can interpret oil industry donations as just related to the Kyestone pipeline, says Michele Swers, a government professor at Georgetown University. They have a range of interests: getting regulations moved their way, oil drilling leases, that sort of thing.

Nonetheless, senators who voted in November to allow Keystones construction received six times more money from the oil and gas industry than those who opposed it, OpenSecrets found. And for Keystones critics, the trend was almost exactly reversed: they took in far more cash from environmental groups than did Keystones supporters.

Last year, the oil and gas industry gave 87 percent of its campaign contributions to Republicans. Environmental groups gave about 91 percent of their contributions to Democrats.

Thats the case with any issue. If you got a pro-life or abortion-related issue, youre going to have those pro-life, pro-choice people involved, on the Hill, maintains former Rep. Steve Southerland, R-Fla., who issued videos and delivered remarks in favor of Keystone before being defeated Nov. 4. I received support from people who obviously believed in my stance. My stance was already formulated before I even got to Congress.

He has a point. Donations from groups in the abortion debate mirrored energy and environment contributions: Pro-abortion rights groups gave 97 percent of their donations to Democrats last year, while 98 percent of donations from anti-abortion groups went to Republicans.

Money goes to your supporters, says Julius Hobson, senior policy advisor at the lobbying firm Polsinelli and an adjunct professor at The George Washington University.

The pressure that puts on congress members, he says, isnt the stuff you see on TV ominous lobbyists in expensive suits applying the thumbscrews to hapless cash-addicted lawmakers.

Its a lot more subtle, Hobson says. You know what position will attract money. And in the fight over Keystone, he adds, I dont know that that pressure ever really ramped down.

Thurber is more skeptical. Lobbying loopholes, he argues, make it almost impossible to know exactly how lawmakers are being influenced or bought and by whom, especially when it comes to something like Keystone, which involves some of the worlds largest and most-moneyed corporations and interest groups.

We really dont know how much money is being spent, he says. Dark money, shadow lobbyists this world of lobbying for and against Keystone is full of that.

Bottom line: A lot of money is wasted in these big battles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, using poker terminology, Cal, I see your Warren Buffett owned BNSF and influence over the political left, and I will raise you the Koch Brother's Canadian oil field interests and control over the politcal right.

http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2014/07/10/keystonexl/

"We looked at the 10 sectors that filed the most lobbying reports mentioning “Keystone” since 2008....Unsurprisingly, oil & gas dwarfs the rest of the list with 206 reports, more than four times the 49 reports filed by environmental groups. Building trade unions, a traditional Democratic constituency, are third on the list at 46 reports. These unions support the pipeline because they believe it will create jobs for their members."

Keystone-Top10_Bar-800.png

Keystone-Sector-tilebar-800.png

"...For the first year of lobbying, 2009, it was just the oil & gas industry and the environmental groups. Then, in 2010, the building trade unions and electric utilities got involved. Then, in 2011, the oil & gas industry really kicked up its lobbying efforts, and a bunch of other industries supporting the pipeline got involved as well — increasingly overwhelming the environmentalists."

top-orgs-800.png

TL;DR: PAC's, business interests and special interest groups spend great sums of money on politicians and political parties on both sides which support or would support their interests. The Keystone pipeline is no different, and it is ignorant to claim that only Obama and Democrats are being influenced by their donors on this issue.

See cal you've succumbed to that precisely. You can't work across the aisle at all. You're a symptom of the partisanship that's poisoning this country. Cysko

I don't have to. I'm not a politician. The left is so far left, working with them lets them

set the middle way left.

Not buyin it, that's all. Say, you want to come out to the farm and shoot some groundhog skeet?

I'll take you up on that sometime

I'll take you up on that sometime

crap. You were supposed to ask me what groundhog skeet is...........

I do need help in taking out groundhogs. My .22 magnum and other .22 are available.

I'll be like Bill Murray in Caddyshack next spring....

Archived