THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine

hunter48

Worst defense in the N.F.L., lost 13 of last 15 games, highest price defense and has drafted def. high in each round in the last two yrs..I also forgot to mention the worst def. cord. in the history of the league.So you want to demote Manziel to 3rd string but keep your buddy O'neal in place ? I call this a much bigger embarrassment to the fans then what Johnny did .Hoping you get a demotion on Jan 1st. For all of you that want to keep this pretender around next yr your crazy.

The piss and moan crowd should be replaced with the everything's coming up roses group. We should never point out the Gilbert Manziel over Kahlil Mack, Evans, Carr, Beckham, Bridgewater, Anthony Barr, Garapolo etc

Let's never criticize how poorly these last two drafts have worked out.

Pettine knows what he's doing but I sure wish he'd tell the players before the game. Maryavis Bryant and Antonio Brown set records last week against us.

This week is an easy winnable game. No Flacco, Steve Smith, Forsett, And the worst pass defense in the league,almost.

The Browns rank 2nd to last in the run game. So McCown will score with Barnidge our only big strong stud receiver.

Monday is an important game for us. We are tied with San Diego and Tennessee at 2-8.

A win could knock us out of the running for a franchise quarterback.

I still think we are,light years away from a contending team. The defense and secondary need overhaul. Wide receiver is a must! Ezekiel Elliot would bring the elite running back to go with receiver.

The last two drafts have really set us backwards.

I just don't see the positives for the rest of the year. We'll be playing a backup who's future in football is winding down. How exciting!

The Browns are years away,from sniffing a playoff hunt.

Unless they get an outstanding QB, Defensive coordinator, running back and wide receiver.

Just don't count on it

So Farmer gives you the highest paid defense in the league, they suck because of your scheme, but it's somehow Farmer's fault? Ok.

Yes it's his job to hire a defensive coordinator. Scheme has to change.

Remind me again how it's Pettine's fault that the Browns have the highest paid defense and drafted terrible defensive players early in the draft? Ray Farmer? Is that you?

Except for Gilbert probably, I do not think that the defensive players drafted here are so bad.....I think they can be quite good.

To me....it is the coaching. Be it O'Neil or Pettine running that defense.

And, to answer your question: O'Neil is still here because, unlike Johnny....he apparently does exactly what he is told to do by Pettine.

The piss and moan crowd should be replaced with the everything's coming up roses group. We should never point out the Gilbert Manziel over Kahlil Mack, Evans, Carr, Beckham, Bridgewater, Anthony Barr, Garapolo etc

Let's never criticize how poorly these last two drafts have worked out.

Pettine knows what he's doing but I sure wish he'd tell the players before the game. Maryavis Bryant and Antonio Brown set records last week against us.

This week is an easy winnable game. No Flacco, Steve Smith, Forsett, And the worst pass defense in the league,almost.

The Browns rank 2nd to last in the run game. So McCown will score with Barnidge our only big strong stud receiver.

Monday is an important game for us. We are tied with San Diego and Tennessee at 2-8.

There is NO franchise QB in the forthcoming draft. I am of the opinion that the earliest a QB should be selected is late 1st round.

I still think we are,light years away from a contending team. The defense and secondary need overhaul.

I disagree.....it is the coaching....the DC needs an overhaul....but there is good talent there imo.

Wide receiver is a must! Ezekiel Elliot would bring the elite running back to go with receiver.

The last two drafts have really set us backwards.

I just don't see the positives for the rest of the year. We'll be playing a backup who's future in football is winding down. How exciting!

The Browns are years away,from sniffing a playoff hunt.

Unless they get an outstanding QB, Defensive coordinator, running back and wide receiver.

Agree that is what they need: And proclaim that those can all be had in this offseason

Fire the DC....bring in a good one. Bring in a RB to go with Crow and Duke.....who, to me are both very serviceable. But you want a "Bell Cow"

Fine.

WR....of course Josh Gordon will be back....yes, he will. But, to get another one....absolutely. It is more likely that a top WR could be available early in the draft than a QB.

Just don't count on it

Why not....it can be done: WR in first round, RB in second.

Yes, you have to make the right picks. No more TRs or Vince Mayle's.

Except for Gilbert probably, I do not think that the defensive players drafted here are so bad.....I think they can be quite good.

To me....it is the coaching. Be it O'Neil or Pettine running that defense.

And, to answer your question: O'Neil is still here because, unlike Johnny....he apparently does exactly what he is told to do by Pettine.

Another thing- the players have Pettine's back. Joe Thomas. Hartline- "there's more going on than the public knows, but the locker room does."

IF Pettine knows what he's doing but I sure wish he'd tell the players before the game. Maryavis Bryant and Antonio Brown set records last week against us.

The Browns rank 2nd to last in the run game. So McCown will could score if he doesn't get killed with Barnidge our only big strong stud receiver.

I still think we are,light years away from a contending team. The defense and secondary need overhaul. Wide receiver is a must! Ezekiel Elliot would bring the elite running back to go with receiver. agreed.

First pardon my insertions.

You make a lot of sense and I agree with a good portion of your post but I can't see McCown surviving. I just worry that there's going to be a funeral in Jacksonville Texas this coming week.

Seriously, could Ken Stabler or Sammy Baugh have made it in today's in your face media world? I think Jimmy Brown saw it coming and he got out while the getting was good!

When we hired Pettine I said who? When we hired Shanahan I said they know your offense it will get people killed ( RG3 - Hoyer - Manziel). When we hired DeFilippo I thought shit, can't we get anyone noteworthy?

I'm really tired of rooting for a joke. What made me happy though was when the stat was pointed out Thurs. that it had been 113 years combined since the Lions and Eagles won a championship.

I was asked the other day why I root for the Browns and I said I was a former season holder and they said, "Yeah and so what?". I just shrugged and went back to my office.

It is on Pettine and O'neal how can you defend this sorry defense ?

No defense there (pun intended) - it sucks. But I have to credit Pettine for having the balls to bench Manziel- after he effectively spit in Mike- and the team's face. If you don't think Johnny Circus is a major team distraction, you're not being too observant.

The last 6 games will tell if the current staff will be around next year. We're favored to beat the crippled Rat Birds- and should be against the equally woeful 49ers. One more win and all around improvement I'd say they'll get another chance.

IF Pettine knows what he's doing but I sure wish he'd tell the players before the game. Maryavis Bryant and Antonio Brown set records last week against us.

The Browns rank 2nd to last in the run game. So McCown will could score if he doesn't get killed with Barnidge our only big strong stud receiver.

I still think we are,light years away from a contending team. The defense and secondary need overhaul. Wide receiver is a must! Ezekiel Elliot would bring the elite running back to go with receiver. agreed.

Seriously, could Ken Stabler or Sammy Baugh have made it in today's in your face media world? I think Jimmy Brown saw it coming and he got out while the getting was good!

When we hired Pettine I said who? When we hired Shanahan I said they know your offense it will get people killed ( RG3 - Hoyer - Manziel). When we hired DeFilippo I thought shit, can't we get anyone noteworthy?

It was a different world back then. Add Joe Namath and Don Meredith to your list. JB got out because he saw he could make more money doing movies. I've posted many times Brown was the first player in the NFL to crack the $100k a year barrier. Considering my Grandfather was making $20k a year as a mid level supervisor the same time at TRW shows you what the NFL pay scale was circa 1963. Based on today's NFL pay rates, Jim should have been making at least $500k. :)

Archived