THE BROWNS BOARD

We have to draft Bosa

WalterWhite

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But some mocks have Lynch as the first Qb. Who's right?

lynch got exposed in his bowl game, a lot of his success was due to big plays from screens, when that was taken away he had to go down field more and was exposed. I was a Lynch supporter until I saw him shit the bed.

Clearly it's JJ Watt. They do have a really really good WR (can't remember his name) but that brings up the point of how much would a guy like Josh Gordon help this offense?

Yes indeed. We also have a great tight end in Barney.

Let's hope Gordon shows up with a training camp and time to get in sync.

WSS

No QB with the first pick. We can't pass on immediate production because we "hope" some kid pans out in a couple years. Utterly ridiculous for any true Browns fan to be harping for another project QB.

so your good with McCown and Manziel? Good grief. Face it Farmer, Pettine, Manziel are all gone after Sunday. Next coach is going to want a QB. He wont give a damn that us season ticket holders or fans want Bosa. I had hoped that Johnny Youtube would finally come around and we could get Bosa, but we all can see that is never going to happen. No guarantee that Bosa wont be a bust. Need to get a QB early and roll with him. If somebody in here can convince me that we can get a starting QB with pick #32 then spill it, I would gladly get on that train.

Great TE? How about a TE who had a great year? At least until he repeats his 2015 production at least one time...

Yep...Im not sure I like the penalty being ejection, but they've been pretty consistent with it all year. The tweet to me showed that he is someone who owns up to his mistakes as opposed to making excuses.

I can't recall an ejection due to a blow with the crown of the helmet that was not to the head/neck area involving some helmet to helmet contact.

Anyway I've seen a couple more replays and my initial impression stands...

Bosa found a path to the draft that was sure to not include crutches.

so your good with McCown and Manziel? Good grief. Face it Farmer, Pettine, Manziel are all gone after Sunday. Next coach is going to want a QB. He wont give a damn that us season ticket holders or fans want Bosa. I had hoped that Johnny Youtube would finally come around and we could get Bosa, but we all can see that is never going to happen. No guarantee that Bosa wont be a bust. Need to get a QB early and roll with him. If somebody in here can convince me that we can get a starting QB with pick #32 then spill it, I would gladly get on that train.

I'm good with McCown for next year and a rookie. No one knows for sure that Pettine is gone on Monday, I still don't think it will happen. As for Johnny, that all depends completely on whether or not Pettine is still the coach. If he stays....I think Johnny is gone. If we have a new coach, it all depends on whether or not that new coach wants Johnny sideshow. A guy like Chip Kelly might want to keep him around. Another coach might want no part of him. We'll know more in about 72 hours.

Great TE? How about a TE who had a great year? At least until he repeats his 2015 production at least one time...

I can't recall an ejection due to a blow with the crown of the helmet that was not to the head/neck area involving some helmet to helmet contact.

This is copied from an explanation of the targeting. Last sentence in first paragraph explains it.

What officials look for are what the rulebook calls targeting elements: crouching and hitting with an upward thrust; launching into a player to hit them in the head; contact above the shoulders on a defenseless player; leading with the crown of the helmet.

Video reviews are used to determine whether the contact was above the shoulders or the hit was with the crown of the helmet.

To be clear I am not disputing the call... or the ejection under the rules. Just saying that I cannot recall seeing one that did not involve some contact to the helmet of the offensive player.

That's awesome, all coaches want a QB. Where you take that QB and what type of skill set does he possess to justify that pick are the larger questions.

To date, there has been no QB I've seen worthy of a #1 pick. I'd go as far as to say that extends to the top 10 as well.

Yes, I am good with McCown and Manziel. Why? Cause the passing game was by far one of the brighter spots of this season. Were they world beaters? No of course not. I can't believe you'd be good with another overreach on suspect talent just to "roll with it". How has that worked out in Cleveland the last umpteen times it's been tried? I can assure you that even if Manziel is gone next year, both McCown and Davis will start over any college kid coming out of the draft this year. You'd be ok with passing over Bosa, Smith or any of the other players that would produce immediately for us on defense.....for a project QB that won't start next year? May I ask your reasoning? Cause i'm just baffled given what we've seen on this defense this year.

Yes, I am good with McCown and Manziel. Why? Cause the passing game was by far one of the brighter spots of this season. Were they world beaters? No of course not. I can't believe you'd be good with another overreach on suspect talent just to "roll with it". How has that worked out in Cleveland the last umpteen times it's been tried? I can assure you that even if Manziel is gone next year, both McCown and Davis will start over any college kid coming out of the draft this year. You'd be ok with passing over Bosa, Smith or any of the other players that would produce immediately for us on defense.....for a project QB that won't start next year? May I ask your reasoning? Cause i'm just baffled given what we've seen on this defense this year.

This team needs LB's and DB's not DL. Manziel can not remain on this team, off field bullshit has to go. So yes get a new rookie QB in here and get his learning started. McCown is a turnover machine when under pressure and injury prone due to his aging.

My question to you would be - if that is in fact your assessment, why would Joey only bother with his one particular game?

This team needs LB's and DB's not DL. Manziel can not remain on this team, off field bullshit has to go. So yes get a new rookie QB in here and get his learning started. McCown is a turnover machine when under pressure and injury prone due to his aging.

Did you see Bosa playing DT today? There absolutely is a spot on this team for him. I'd move him from the 5 tech on 3-4 looks to DE when we show 4-3. But i wouldn't be upset if we took Jaylon Smith either given his injury today isn't that big of a deal, which it didn't look like but who knows. Point is we need defense to be priority in the draft "unless" we manage some crazy shit in trades or free agents. But tbh I'd take Elliot or even maybe Henry/Fournette over a QB if we drafted offense. Maybe even that tackle that everybody says TN is gonna take with the 1st pick. I mean with yet another season of watching QB's get killshots, would you put a rookie out there next year? I'm being completely serious when I say Andrew Luck would right now be looking like one of the biggest 1st round busts ever had Cleveland drafted him. No question in my mind he would not have developed as a QB if he had been drafted here.

Did you see Bosa playing DT today? There absolutely is a spot on this team for him. I'd move him from the 5 tech on 3-4 looks to DE when we show 4-3. But i wouldn't be upset if we took Jaylon Smith either given his injury today isn't that big of a deal, which it didn't look like but who knows. Point is we need defense to be priority in the draft "unless" we manage some crazy shit in trades or free agents. But tbh I'd take Elliot or even maybe Henry/Fournette over a QB if we drafted offense. Maybe even that tackle that everybody says TN is gonna take with the 1st pick. I mean with yet another season of watching QB's get killshots, would you put a rookie out there next year? I'm being completely serious when I say Andrew Luck would right now be looking like one of the biggest 1st round busts ever had Cleveland drafted him. No question in my mind he would not have developed as a QB if he had been drafted here.

1st bold - Fuck Henry.

2nd bold - Andrew Luck's play has been pretty damn awesome behind what has been called one of the, if not 'the' worst Oline in the NFL. I've no doubt behind some of our blockers he'd be every bit as good if not better in Cleveland. That is pure pessimism on your part.

1st bold - Fuck Henry.

2nd bold - Andrew Luck's play has been pretty damn awesome behind what has been called one of the, if not 'the' worst Oline in the NFL. I've no doubt behind some of our blockers he'd be every bit as good if not better in Cleveland. That is pure pessimism on your part.

I dunno by what metrics they call the Indy O line "the" worst in the NFL....cause i've watched some Indy games and frankly the only O line I've seen all year that competes with our O line for worst, imo, is the Green Bay O line. I think if you look at O line protection for the last couple years since Luck has been drafted, they've been way way better than Cleveland. Maybe it is pessimism on my part, but i'd like to see how many times the Indy o line has cut loose the opposing defense's primary pass rusher in almost "fuck you bro (QB)" kind of way. I mean i've seen Aaron Rodgers get dumped alot this year but I can't remember a front line pass rusher getting handed an EZ pass on his way to Rodgers. The GB O line has certainly been beaten but they at least impeded the pass rushers momentum. When you get dumped 20 times in one game that might be small comfort to Rodgers, but i cant' help but think they're O line is still in some small way better than ours because at least in the games Iv'e watched they aren't completely whiffing protection on a 4 man rush like i've seen i don't know how many times this season from our O line.

If Scwartz does it again Sunday he needs tossed in the big lake Cleveland sits on.

Gee whiz you hate Gary Barnidge too?

Are there really no shades of gray in your life? I like Barn. Great year... great story... but great player?

C'mon, man... if you believe that, then I bet you dream at night of DA throwing to him and Braylon with Hillis hurdling DBs left and right.

My question to you would be - if that is in fact your assessment, why would Joey only bother with his one particular game?

Just my impression...

Basis starts a while ago with whomever (I believe it has been CleveFan) arguing that it has been OK for Bosa to take plays and even games off to preserve himself for his NFL payday when the games promised to be one-sided this season. One-sided or not they all counted towards pursuit of a National Championship.

Today's game was meaningless.

Only meaningless to him.

I'm sure most of the seniors wanted to get 50 wins in 4 years

Also how did Clowney taking off a year work out for him?

Yes, he got to be the 1st pick, but he sucks

If that's what Bosa wants, then screw him, and don't draft him

I dunno by what metrics they call the Indy O line "the" worst in the NFL....cause i've watched some Indy games and frankly the only O line I've seen all year that competes with our O line for worst, imo, is the Green Bay O line. I think if you look at O line protection for the last couple years since Luck has been drafted, they've been way way better than Cleveland. Maybe it is pessimism on my part, but i'd like to see how many times the Indy o line has cut loose the opposing defense's primary pass rusher in almost "fuck you bro (QB)" kind of way. I mean i've seen Aaron Rodgers get dumped alot this year but I can't remember a front line pass rusher getting handed an EZ pass on his way to Rodgers. The GB O line has certainly been beaten but they at least impeded the pass rushers momentum. When you get dumped 20 times in one game that might be small comfort to Rodgers, but i cant' help but think they're O line is still in some small way better than ours because at least in the games Iv'e watched they aren't completely whiffing protection on a 4 man rush like i've seen i don't know how many times this season from our O line.

If Scwartz does it again Sunday he needs tossed in the big lake Cleveland sits on.

That's because you're clearly fucking high. Their Oline for the past several years with Luck has nearly gotten him murdered.

As for 'cutting loose' any pass rusher. That depends on what the protection call was and the communication between Oline and QB.

Does anyone know why Bosa was suspended for week 1?

Was it weed?

Was it roids?

Was It beating his women?

Was it partying with Johnny?

a DE? really?

are we sure our DC would know what to do with one? seems like we parted ways this year with one i actually had high hopes for in sheard who has just lit up the league in NE.

so another traditional DE when the browns don't know what to do with one..............

Are there really no shades of gray in your life? I like Barn. Great year... great story... but great player?

C'mon, man... if you believe that, then I bet you dream at night of DA throwing to him and Braylon with Hillis hurdling DBs left and right.

Is there really no sense of humor in yours? Christ but I even typed in a :).

But since you asked so what if we had kept DA the entire time?

What has the constant catch and release policy won for us?

WSS

Heard Mike Pettine was now an advisor for the Buckeyes and rumor has it that Bosa didn't make his bed.

WSS

:)

LMAO!! Thanks Steve.

Mike

Archived