THE BROWNS BOARD

We have to draft Bosa

WalterWhite

1st bold - Fuck Henry.

2nd bold - Andrew Luck's play has been pretty damn awesome behind what has been called one of the, if not 'the' worst Oline in the NFL. I've no doubt behind some of our blockers he'd be every bit as good if not better in Cleveland. That is pure pessimism on your part.

Agreed.

Didn't Luck have the Colts in the AFC Championship in 2014? And just out of curiosity, how many TD passes did he throw during that regular season? The civil war (via ESPN radio) that I heard was brewing in Indy was Pagano wanted his FO to draft better protection for their franchise QB. The selection of Phillip Dorsett pretty much gave that 2 middle fingers and the inevitable outcome of no healthy veteran QBs to finish the year with. When you have JJ Watt in your division scheduled twice a year - it looks to me like the FO didn't know how to protect their biggest investment nearly as much as Pagano. Wasn't that the same FO that traded away a first round pick for Trent Richardson? Pagano is prolly going to end up a lot happier than Irsay if he gets his walking papers.

And what OSU fan that saw all of Ohio State's games dating back to their victory over Alabama wants Henry over Zeke if we were going to draft a RB?

If we had a FO that could actually get round 1 right - there's plenty of ideal players to choose from that can bring us sudden impact. Farmer has got to go. As I said I'd be okay with keeping Pettine especially if we could replace Jimmy O'Neil with Chuck Pagano. I'd also be more than okay with replacing Chris Tabor with somebody willing to change trends like blocked kicks 4 games in a row; and yellow flags in our return game pinning us deep. We could have prolly found a better cheerleader at some hottie infested sorority party or even the rugby chick they have guarding the door if we wanted some degree of testosterone. Whatever! The NFL channel is making it sound like Pettine will be gone real soon.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty disappointing to see Jaylon Smith go down with a knee injury...... :o

He was one of the few viable OLB's available this year.....dagnabbit!

More reason than ever to break out the check book and bring in a difference maker(or TWO) via free agency....

Id start by going hard after guys like.....Von Miller.....Tamba Hali.....Mario Williams........

We're not smart enough to draft Khalil Mack but NOW we gotta have Bosa?

Could there have been more of an oxy-moronic ending for Bosa's college career than yesterday's Bowl Game? He got kicked out of the game for using his head physically because he wasn't capable of using his head mentally. Believe it or not, every player wears shoulder pads which can come in handy if one would like to make a text book tackle at the expense of getting disqualified and a penalty flag that reverses an interception.

Not for nothing, but Bosa had countless chances to change my mind about how gotta-have he is in the second half of that Michigan State game when he disappeared against their point of attack without any double teams. The difference between him and Reggie White looks like one guys needs excuses and alibis while the other guy never stopped sic em, sock em and sack em.

What first round defensive lineman/edge rusher changed our fate for the better since we got our team back?

Courtney Brown? We didn't get a Pro Bowl pass rush and upgrade until Brown got injured so Jamir Miller could bring it.

Gerrard Warren? No inner chest.

Phil Taylor? What came first the chicken or the egg in terms of why he never showed up to camp in shape perpetuating more disability.

Kam Wimbley? Not a bad rookie year; but was he ever the type of pedigree an alternative like Haloti Ngata offered somebody's front 7 vrs the point of attack?

Pretty disappointing to see Jaylon Smith go down with a knee injury...... :o

He was one of the few viable OLB's available this year.....dagnabbit!

More reason than ever to break out the check book and bring in a difference maker(or TWO) via free agency....

Id start by going hard after guys like.....Von Miller.....Tamba Hali.....Mario Williams........

Would be a better fit as a ILB in a 3-4, no? You never wish an injury on any players but if he declares he's likely to fall a bit on draft boards, which is never a bad thing...

Would be a better fit as a ILB in a 3-4, no? You never wish an injury on any players but if he declares he's likely to fall a bit on draft boards, which is never a bad thing...

Right....there is talk he can play just about anywhere....and Pettine loves(and desparately needs) some versatile players at linebacker, who can move around....line up in a variety of sets....cover, rush, play the run, etc.....

IE....A true 3 down linebacker.....And Smith was one of the few I thought could fit that bill.....

Really feel bad for him and how that knee went in his last game....that is some tough luck there....

I'd love Bosa, cause he is about as good of a sure thing as you will get. You know he loves the state and the fans and I think he would love to play for the Browns. Ya dumb thing happened and he got ejected, but it was a bullshit call and it never should have happened. He hit the guy in the chest, and he arms were out in front of him to make a tackle. He hit with his head instead of his shoulders, but you tackle 100 guys a season and always get your head to the side. Shit happens. It clearly wasn't intentional.

First time in a long time I would be beyond happy with an Ohio State heavy draft. Wouldn't mind trading down and shooting to get Zeke and Thomas.

Right....there is talk he can play just about anywhere....and Pettine loves(and desparately needs) some versatile players at linebacker, who can move around....line up in a variety of sets....cover, rush, play the run, etc.....

IE....A true 3 down linebacker.....And Smith was one of the few I thought could fit that bill.....

Really feel bad for him and how that knee went in his last game....that is some tough luck there....

Can't disagree with you there, best LB prospect since Kuechly.

No details yet regarding the injury, but a torn ACL in mid November last year didn't affect Gurley's draft stock all that much. Still a lock to go in the first round I think

No details yet regarding the injury, but a torn ACL in mid November last year didn't affect Gurley's draft stock all that much. Still a lock to go in the first round I think

Right...who knows what will happen with the knee.....and it'll be quite a while before there's any solid info on it.....(next spring?)...

But....for right now.....I gotta temporarily take him off my list for a high #1 option........

True but Gurley doesn't ever have to back pedal and change direction on the same play. Change of direction seems like it is more optional to a RB than it is to a LBer so that might be a little different to ones psychological and physical recovery of a knee injury.

Yesterday's Fiesta Bowl cemented that I would have zero issue with us taking Michael Thomas in the first round if we find ourselves in a trade down spot.

His catch radius, body control and acceleration are all elite.

edit: Minus the dropped TD catch. That was just...odd.

Does anyone know why Bosa was suspended for week 1?

Was it weed? Was it roids?

Officially it was for "violating team policy." Suspicion was a 2nd failure of the NCAA rules on recreational drug use. PED violations are usually longer than one game.

Is there really no sense of humor in yours? Christ but I even typed in a :).

But since you asked so what if we had kept DA the entire time?

What has the constant catch and release policy won for us?

Like heroin, I guess I need ever larger doses of your humor to feel its effects... ;)

Cost of keeping DA? Maybe only a half dozen victories, but also the elimination of a half dozen prospects.

Officially it was for "violating team policy." Suspicion was a 2nd failure of the NCAA rules on recreational drug use. PED violations are usually longer than one game.

Like heroin, I guess I need ever larger doses of your humor to feel its effects... ;)

☆Or as they say chasing the big drag-on.☆

Cost of keeping DA? Maybe only a half dozen victories, but also the elimination of a half dozen prospects.

☆ seriously? You think we have lost 6 more games by having da over the usual suspects?☆

WSS

Quick guesstimate, Steve...

He hit the guy in the chest, and he arms were out in front of him to make a tackle. He hit with his head instead of his shoulders, but you tackle 100 guys a season and always get your head to the side. Shit happens. It clearly wasn't intentional.

What up, HB... good to see you.

capture_20160101_123704-e1451673737756.j

Right...who knows what will happen with the knee.....and it'll be quite a while before there's any solid info on it.....(next spring?)...

But....for right now.....I gotta temporarily take him off my list for a high #1 option........

Likely some updates in the next few days regarding the type of injury, then I'd imagine at the combine assuming he decides to declare.

True but Gurley doesn't ever have to back pedal and change direction on the same play. Change of direction seems like it is more optional to a RB than it is to a LBer so that might be a little different to ones psychological and physical recovery of a knee injury.

That's true, although you'd expect the biggest hurdle to be psychological rather than physical. We don't know the severity of the injury yet, but knee injuries (ACL in particular) aren't career threatening anymore in most instances nowadays. Thomas Davis from the Panthers comes to mind.

Problem is that any knee this late likely means the player is not ready for the start of 2016 season.

Easier for a RB like Gurley to step in late with no TC and "run" than it is a versatile ILB to defend.

did anyone even notice what happened to Bosa right before he hit the guy? He fell down, than got back up without skipping a beat as he's got an OL all over him and basically lurched forward a bit out of control. He was losing his footing. In all likelihood that probably had alot to do with why his head came down. But I'm not mad, which defensive player in this draft could go down like that and pop right back up like they make them do in drills and somehow still kept up with the play? Who? Bosa is a freak. I don't know if he's right for the Browns or not. I'm stil concerned about some of things that he put down on twitter the last couple months. But from a purely skill perspective, he's everything and more that i've been saying for months now. He is legitimately one of the strongest and most skilled defensive line players that's come out in years. He might be more physically gifted than Watt was at this poitn in their careers. If he has 1/2 the drive Watt has he's going to be one of the best players at his position in teh NFL by year 2. There's some "if's" there. But there's "if's" with every player that comes out in the draft.

Problem is that any knee this late likely means the player is not ready for the start of 2016 season.

Easier for a RB like Gurley to step in late with no TC and "run" than it is a versatile ILB to defend.

Clearly you don't draft him with the second pick, but the guy has the potential to be the best MLB in the league for the rest of his career. You don't pass up on that kind of talent just because he can't contribute from day one.

Likely some updates in the next few days regarding the type of injury, then I'd imagine at the combine assuming he decides to declare.

That's true, although you'd expect the biggest hurdle to be psychological rather than physical. We don't know the severity of the injury yet, but knee injuries (ACL in particular) aren't career threatening anymore in most instances nowadays. Thomas Davis from the Panthers comes to mind.

Davis is a great example. Nice job with that! That said, the frequency of re-injury and surgeries followed so it still can be a concern even in the best of cases. Charles blew his knee out again in KC.

All that said, Joe Thomas blew a knee out at Wisconsin and it hasn't caused him to miss 1 start or Pro Bowl appearance as the best Left Tackle in Pro Football over a 9 year period.

Archived