THE BROWNS BOARD

What if we did get hit by terrorism (because of ObaMao?)

calfoxwc

Ha, I just read some ridiculous shit on Facebook about how we are in much more danger from Isis because of Donald Trump.

WSS

just as a thought experiment, I often find myself thinking about how cool or not cool the planet would be if like god or someone hit the ejector seat and vaulted the human race out into space. Just punched them out into a black hole. Like what would the planet be like? <coffee>

just as a thought experiment, I often find myself thinking about how cool or not cool the planet would be if like god or someone hit the ejector seat and vaulted the human race out into space. Just punched them out into a black hole. Like what would the planet be like? <coffee>

There's a pretty good documentary I've seen before about what would happen if all the humans just vanished one day.

Initially most domestic animals would die, few might escape and make it - same with commercial cattle. Electricity would go out pretty quickly. Some buildings may burn down (from lightning or whatever), then steel structures would start to oxidize and within ~100 years most wood structures would be gone. Otherwise cities get overrun by trees, plants, fires, flooding.

Basically after a (surprisingly) short time in terms of the age of the earth - there would be pretty much no traces humans were ever here and wild life and such would continue to thrive. Plastics and rubbers would be the longest-surviving and probably leave traces of carbon or whatever deeper in the earth forever after some millions of years.

"what if the earth stopped turning" is another good one. Though, if that's the only stipulation, it gets very messy with oceans and atmosphere still travelling at a thousand miles per hour, so best add that everything stops turning.

I just see so much stupid flying around I can't help but wonder if we disappeared, might not something better take our place. We're a species that forgot the natural laws, foremost of which is thou shalt not shitteth where thy eateth. Not to pick on Cal specifically cause he's hardly the only one, but these people who keep trying to deny that "anything" is happening to our planet so please go about your material lives unperturbed and just overall trying to obfuscate the discussion at every turn....they're just not cut out for this place. If they properly thought about things, lets take global warming for instance....a rational being would "hope" it was because of humans so it could theoretically be reversed. Cause if it ain't caused by us, we might be in deep shit and can't do nothing about it.

In either case, I want smart people to get to the bottom of it...not people slinging a narrative. And that "you would think" would be a bi partisan affair. Maybe this was a rant better suited for the warming thread...but i'm just in genera tired of stupid partisan people like Cal. I hope their god is real and will rapture them away to another planet where they can mill that turd all over again.

Stuart

Haha... not surprised this came from you. This is exactly the typical thought experiment that would come from a libfuck.

Did reality set in once you read bbedward's post?

2qlh6rc.jpg

^^

How old are you? Seriously only bitches and 11 year olds use an ignore button. Post count or for attention maybe?

Disagree. Only bitches and 11 year olds use an ignore button and then don't actually ignore the person.

Seriously Cleve, if you're gonna ignore people, actually ignore them, or engage the point they're making in a mature way.

Ignoring people is really silly. What the hell is the purpose of this board if not for insulting people that don't agree with you? And what fun is just reading posts from a like minded people?

"man Bush / Obama really fucked everything up didn't he"

"Yeah he did"

"I heard that!"

WSS

I have a couple of people on ignore, mostly because the stuff they post is basically spam. It has nothing to do with whether they agree or disagree with my views.

We must have different definitions of spam.

We don't have that many active members.

WSS

Think walter's sole contributions being popping up every couple of weeks with fifteen 'helpful' videos about whichever demographic has his ire at that time, insulting anybody and everybody and generally contributing nothing to things.

Think walter's sole contributions being popping up every couple of weeks with fifteen 'helpful' videos about whichever demographic has his ire at that time, insulting anybody and everybody and generally contributing nothing to things.

Understood. I thought you might have been talking about the once in awhile assholes with medication websites or cheap football jerseys.

WSS

Understood. I thought you might have been talking about the once in awhile assholes with medication websites or cheap football jerseys.

WSS

No point in ignoring the poster, I just ignore the thread in those cases.

BTW, spamming can also be just repeatedly posting the same kind of thing over and over again, dumping endless links, generally in quick succession that take over a thread or derail a conversation, in addition to the traditional 'not relevant' spam posting.

that isn't spam. THIS is spam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam

You and the other libs hate a bunch of links (that show you to be WRONG)...

and you get those links in response to nonsense declarations of "consensus" and

"nobody believes that" ...

and "all scientists agree with us".....

It takes multipule links to show you to be completely wrong, and emotionally, incorrectly, knee jerking.

I get tired of the same old repetitive, never-ending liberal parroting of the leftwing doofacratic party like

you libs do. You hear me bitch about that every week? Nope.

Archived