THE BROWNS BOARD

Kicker?

dawg08

Believe me, i'm not going to blame this loss on our weak-ass kicker, when you have a dumbass coach who can't manage the clock at the end, and calls stupid plays to boot, but how many teams out there has a kicker that can't kick a 50+ FG?? Even 40 yr old Viniteri can kick 50+ FGS. These type of players just tells us how bad this team is. Maybe we need to look at long range kicker if we are going to keep this guy??

Every position seems to lack good players. When you kick in Cleveland you deal with wind, rain, snow, pigeons and yes defences that might just block it.

As for the seconds ticking away: this is not the first time they let the clock wind down without calling a timeout. Pettine is lacking in all phases of the coaching job and this took the cake. On National Television! Everyone laughing on NFL NETWORK! Laughing and laughing is the killer.

So what did we learn tonight?

We have a stubborn coach that's out to prove he knows best. He'd rather lose than play his best players. We have no defence whatsoever, NONE

OUR SPECIAL TEAMS SUCK!

Pathetic and not going to get better anytime soon!

Every position seems to lack good players. When you kick in Cleveland you deal with wind, rain, snow, pigeons and yes defences that might just block it.

As for the seconds ticking away: this is not the first time they let the clock wind down without calling a timeout. Pettine is lacking in all phases of the coaching job and this took the cake. On National Television! Everyone laughing on NFL NETWORK! Laughing and laughing is the killer.

So what did we learn tonight?

We have a stubborn coach that's out to prove he knows best. He'd rather lose than play his best players. We have no defence whatsoever, NONE

OUR SPECIAL TEAMS SUCK!

Pathetic and not going to get better anytime soon!

You had EIGHT seconds there Mike. Plenty of time to try a quick out to gain another 5-10 yards, or God forbid- take a shot at the end zone. Turtle Ball Pettine runs a guy up the gut- which hadn't worked the whole f**king game. Bye Mike, it's been real.

Believe me, i'm not going to blame this loss on our weak-ass kicker, when you have a dumbass coach who can't manage the clock at the end, and calls stupid plays to boot, but how many teams out there has a kicker that can't kick a 50+ FG?? Even 40 yr old Viniteri can kick 50+ FGS. These type of players just tells us how bad this team is. Maybe we need to look at long range kicker if we are going to keep this guy??

It's nothing more than a myth that he can't make 50+ yard FG's, it just so happens that's the first one he tried last night. He was drilling 50+ in warmup no problem. He literally set the NFL record for kicks made to start his career and you're saying this garbage. Good lord.

It's nothing more than a myth that he can't make 50+ yard FG's, it just so happens that's the first one he tried last night. He was drilling 50+ in warmup no problem. He literally set the NFL record for kicks made to start his career and you're saying this garbage. Good lord.

Pretty much this exactly.

Of all the things wrong with this team people are complaining about our until-yesterday perfect kicker?

Smh

No kicker would have, it was blocked.

What those blame the kicker folks don't realize is when you're trying a 50 yarder- you have to use a lower trajectory to get the ball that far.

I haven't watched the replay at home yet- but what they showed at the game, looks like the whole right side of the o-line got caved in.

I like our kicker.

Pros- He's made 18/19 this season.

Cons- He's missed some extra points.

Pros- He's pretty accurate.

Cons- Most of his kicks have been close because we can't punch it in.

Verdict- The line needs to have more punch in it and defend that kicker with their life, The Coons is doing a good job for a rookie. Special teams has always been good quality, last night they looked rough. Sealy is a good coach he'll get it together. I did miss Cribbs last night, seen him on pregame. Pay the Man. Play with heart, it's all we really ask.

Maybe it's not time to get a kicker, because seeing the Ravens push our whole front line backwards just says they were not giving up. They were not going to overtime. But really? Something is so wrong in Cleveland it's hard not to react negatively! My God, what's next?

yep, my bad. Seely really was a beast though too.

Archived