THE BROWNS BOARD

McCown done for year with broken collar bone

WalterWhite

Josh deserves so much better than these shitty teams he's been on. He's tough as hell, wants nothing more than to win and is just a good dude.

I said it at the beginning of the year and repeatedly in the 4th Q this game

Ausitin Davis is the best QB on the roster. I said this probably 10 weeks ago go back and find it.

Hopefully he gets 5 more games to prove himself and kicks ass.

Something just smells really brown when a guy has a broken collarbone & finds his way back on the field. At 2;20 left in 3rd he falls on throwing shoulder. Shown trying to rise it on bench. Ravens drive from our 1 to kick FG to go up 7. At 9;05 left in 4th we decide on a broken collarbone QB. 1 out to M. Johnson. Next pass on a 20 yard out to Benji (10 yards over his head) Josh is done & on ground untouched. Pets presser should be good if you can break a collarbone throwing 2 passes. 53 players would rather not play a broken collarbone QB after crunch time of a bone that throws. Ridiculous!!

I said it at the beginning of the year and repeatedly in the 4th Q this game

Ausitin Davis is the best QB on the roster. I said this probably 10 weeks ago go back and find it.

One nice TD throw does not a QB make. Go back and watch the rest of the time he was in. Multiple missed throws and at least two that should have been intercepted. Be a bit more objective.

He didn't deserve this. McCown is more than I ever expected, and he is a true professional and somebody I'm proud to have on my team.

I appreciate McCown and what he's done for the Browns, but don't think his injury woes are all on the OL and missed blocks. His problem this season and really his whole career is holding the ball way too long, to include IMO the play he got hurt.

The dude is a warrior though and great teammate and I'd be happy to see him a back-up next season.

He's a lovable loser. He'll never be a great quarterback and it's a classic browns move to keep going to him.

Kinda like John and yourself minus the lovable part.

And seriously if you're going to call a guy loser based on his record then the brown should have never gotten rid of Brian Hoyer who has his second straight team in a playoff chase after a year of nothing

So now the question is...who starts for us next week? Still five games to go. Austin Davis was thrust into a very difficult position, and for the most part, did very well. He threw one pass that really should've been picked off, but the Ravens have dropped basically every interception this year. Davis was also the victim of some horrific play calling, and we aren't going to delve into the clock management again. He only had a few drives, but if I had to guess, Austin Davis will be starting the next game for us.

So now the question is...who starts for us next week?

Well....this question will be all the rage this week....eh?

If it was me, Id start Johnny....for 2 reasons.....

1) He's has his punishment and public shaming now, so get him back in there and lets see what we all were planning to see....

2) He's more experienced AND mobile, so is "less likely" to get hurt....While Austin is green and less aware, which might get him slammed, leaving us without a QB.....so I say Johnny has the better chance to survive these last few games......alive.....

So now the question is...who starts for us next week? Still five games to go. Austin Davis was thrust into a very difficult position, and for the most part, did very well. He threw one pass that really should've been picked off, but the Ravens have dropped basically every interception this year. Davis was also the victim of some horrific play calling, and we aren't going to delve into the clock management again. He only had a few drives, but if I had to guess, Austin Davis will be starting the next game for us.

Sure he will. He looked just fine last night. None of the team problems come from the quarterback position.

The name Matt Schaub ring a bell? And that was for an entire game!

I wouldn't get too excited because often a second or third string quarterback looks good for a few series near the end of a game.

At least the penalties weren't as horrendous as usual. But we still lost to one of the worst teams in the league on our home field.

WSS

or, maybe we should adapt the old refrain..

"we need to see what we have...."

and start Davis. though, I still can't believe

he slid and went down inbounds...........

Kinda like John and yourself minus the lovable part.

And seriously if you're going to call a guy loser based on his record then the brown should have never gotten rid of Brian Hoyer who has his second straight team in a playoff chase after a year of nothing

Oh burn. Im wounded to the quick. And of course you call a guy a loser based on his record...what the fuck else is there? He loses. That's what he does.

I start John against the Seahawks and let the oline deliver a message The Longest Yard style.

LOL. they wouldn't even have to do it on purpose- they do a pretty good job of it even when they're trying.

Archived