THE BROWNS BOARD

If I were Jimmy Haslam...

lodilobo

Gruden wouldn't let us a be a joke of a team. He certainly wouldn't let us lose like that. I think he's a good coach, and a winner. If he could change things around for us we'd all have a coach to rally behind and love. If we can get him, fucking get him.

Pettine and O'Neill are in over their heads and I don't think our defensive players take the scheme serious enough because its obviously not working.

I've been saying this since '99.....some of these old nostalgic die hard fans / farts will not hear of it. THIS IS NOT THE TEAM WE ROOTED FOR IN THE 60'S, 70'S, AND 80'S...PERIOD. All they have done is create another name for "loser" .... by keeping the name / colors intact. The Cleveland Browns were one of the winningest franchises in professional football not that long ago. A well respected team, with heart, and always had a chance to win, no matter who the opponent was. You saw the team wearing purple last night? I hate them, but they are exactly the type of team that used to wear orange and brown, and play on the lakefront in Cleveland, Ohio......that IS reality. Just because some of you weren't around to see it, doesn't make it phantasy.

:) our pal Ghoolie (now Vesna) has been saying this for years. It's a damn shame for the once proud tradition get dragged into the gutter.

I haven't been this depressed about the Browns since they moved. I see no hope in this team as it stands right now. Explode and start over is the only feasible option imo. What we have now is sure as hell not working. Pettine/Farmer obviously have issues with each other and both should go. Haslam should seek advice from someone who has much more experience in the ownership role in choosing a new coach. Maybe ex high school coaches not a good idea.

Your best post ever

If I was Haslam I would pull the plug on Farmer. He has proven he doesn't know talent. I would look for a proven GM. Then let him decide on Pet and either keep him or bring his guys in.

What about Brian Billick? He won a SB with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer, newcomer Jamal Lewis and a stout D. Run effectively, play great D and a QB that can manage the game. Right now we don't have any of the 3...

What about Brian Billick? He won a SB with Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer, newcomer Jamal Lewis and a stout D. Run effectively, play great D and a QB that can manage the game. Right now we don't have any of the 3...

He has said in many interviews that he has no interest in coaching again. He likes doing just a bit of tv work during the week...working an NFL broadcast on Sunday and going home to his family on Sunday nights and like all ex-coaches who go into broadcasting.....he says I haven't lost a game in years.

He has said in many interviews that he has no interest in coaching again. He likes doing just a bit of tv work during the week...working an NFL broadcast on Sunday and going home to his family on Sunday nights and like all ex-coaches who go into broadcasting.....he says I haven't lost a game in years.

What you say and what your heart tells you can be two different things Mark. He has also said on numerous occasions he would love to coach Manziel, warts and all. I think he is aware that it is undertaking transforming a problem child into a responsible adult and uses his experience with Brett Farve as a parallel process. He's even said he would enlist Farve to help him get thorough to JM. That does not sound like a guy truly done with coaching. Farve was JM's idol when he played in junior high and high school, so lets hope he follows directly in those footsteps from addiction to stardom.

lol... Favre coaching JM... my dream scenario...

Kind of like the best NA/AA sponsors are the ones who had just about every fall possible but somehow made it through to sobriety. Yeah, I like it. Brett Farve-Sponsor. :lol:

Yeah, LA is a good spot. This franchise is a joke and embarrassment. Move them to LA before they completely ruin the Browns name

LA is a good spot for what?

Certainly not an NFL franchise, hell they lost 3 teams already.

What you say and what your heart tells you can be two different things Mark. He has also said on numerous occasions he would love to coach Manziel, warts and all. I think he is aware that it is undertaking transforming a problem child into a responsible adult and uses his experience with Brett Farve as a parallel process. He's even said he would enlist Farve to help him get thorough to JM. That does not sound like a guy truly done with coaching. Farve was JM's idol when he played in junior high and high school, so lets hope he follows directly in those footsteps from addiction to stardom.

I was referring to Billick not Gruden. I agree with you on Gruden. I think he will coach again somewhere. I'm surprised he didn't jump at the Notre Dame job a couple years back.

You children. I guess history was not the strong suit of many of you.

On January 12, 1946, Dan Reeves was denied a request by the other National Football League (NFL) owners to move his team, the Cleveland Rams to Los Angeles and the then-103,000-seat Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.[1] Reeves threatened to end his relationship with the NFL and get out of the professional football business altogether unless the Rams transfer to Los Angeles was permitted.[1][2][3] A settlement was reached and, as a result, Reeves was allowed to move his team to Los Angeles.

Been there, done that!

I would Fire Farmer and Oneil. Id like to keep pettine, but damn he seems clueless at times.

Pettine is the worst of the lot! He is a vindictive hating pussy who has no people skills nor football smamrts.

If I'm Jimmy. I give the FO and HC a vote of confidence and let them get us a whole team brought in under one system and putting out max effort.

Ive been waiting for that.....but Jimmy is pretty freaking quite......(which doesnt bode well for Pettine or Farmer)....

The good part of that, is that he's kind of proven out NOT to be the "tampering owner" everyone was implying he was.....

Ive been waiting for that.....but Jimmy is pretty freaking quite......(which doesnt bode well for Pettine or Farmer)....

The good part of that, is that he's kind of proven out NOT to be the "tampering owner" everyone was implying he was.....

He may have done it already without media attention. You know that would raise a distracting shitstorm.

I think he made the rotten jonny pick but can't blame him. If I just bought an NFL team I know I would want to kick the tires some. I also think he learned a valuable lesson too and has let football be up to football people.

You children. I guess history was not the strong suit of many of you.

On January 12, 1946, Dan Reeves was denied a request by the other National Football League (NFL) owners to move his team, the Cleveland Rams to Los Angeles and the then-103,000-seat Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.[1] Reeves threatened to end his relationship with the NFL and get out of the professional football business altogether unless the Rams transfer to Los Angeles was permitted.[1][2][3] A settlement was reached and, as a result, Reeves was allowed to move his team to Los Angeles.

Been there, done that!

Know all about it. Not gonna happen. That is more analogous to the Modell situation.

But, in that case....the city did not fight to keep the team....and there was no ironclad lease. The city knew that it was getting a Paul Brown run organization to replace the Rams.

And that team's owner knew the handwriting on the wall when he knew PB was coming to town. So he skedaddled. Good move for him? Sure, probably.

And as far as I am concerned, the Rams should probably have always stayed in LA.

Archived