THE BROWNS BOARD

Not that this team deserved to win but....

dawg08

And it's not about "deserving" to win, but that still shot appears to have the guy CLEARLY standing out of bounds, even if the refs DID miss the offsides. I honestly can't believe the refs missed the offsides call because it seems to me that whenever a guy jumps, the refs throw the flag if he doesn't get back. They generally get that right. They certainly got it right against Starks on that one 4th down. Did anyone see the replay of the guy going down the field after the block? I just turned the game off and went to bed. Was he out of bounds?

To your point, Steve, sometimes teams incur bad calls and still win.

Bad calls happen throughout the game but only the ones at the very end get all the attention.

No doubt, brother John. I'm just saying that Arnold Rothstein certainly understands the importance of a well placed penalty.

;)

WSS

and the other call. The defender had his forearm slower down Benjamin part way

down the sideline....

no call. and the phanton holding on the Browns, that never happened, but was called.

The announcers picked up on that one... it was bogus.

Of course it sure the hell makes a difference.

Not sure how you can call these "immaterial" calls?? If he is offsides, then we add another 5 yds and instead of a 51yd FG, it's 46yd FG. and if he stepped out, we are going to overtime. Although both of these may have not changed the outcome of the game, which we could have still lost, but it give us a better/ or another chance at winning the game.

down the sideline....

no call. and the phanton holding on the Browns, that never happened, but was called.

Duke Johnson pretty much was smothered on the 2 yard line also......they whacked him well before the pass arrived.....yet another no call that might have made a difference.....had to settle for the FG instead.......

No matter I guess.....the refs sure didnt help us, but as usual, we didnt help ourselves either.....

Duke Johnson pretty much was smothered on the 2 yard line also......they whacked him well before the pass arrived.....yet another no call that might have made a difference.....had to settle for the FG instead.......

No matter I guess.....the refs sure didnt help us, but as usual, we didnt help ourselves either.....

Was that within 5 yards of LOS? I'm fuzzy on the rules there but it's the 'bump' part of bump-and-run coverage, they can be quite physical.

Was that within 5 yards of LOS? I'm fuzzy on the rules there but it's the 'bump' part of bump-and-run coverage, they can be quite physical.

It might have been within the five yards, but the ball was in the air, which means no contact can be made on the receiver. Replay showed the guy clearly hit Johnson early. It was still a ridiculous play, as Duke had no chance of going anywhere, but whatever.

It might have been within the five yards, but the ball was in the air, which means no contact can be made on the receiver. Replay showed the guy clearly hit Johnson early. It was still a ridiculous play, as Duke had no chance of going anywhere, but whatever.

Yeah...he wouldnt have scored.....But I think it would have at least gotten us a first down on the 2......

Ahhh...I think you're right. Ugh...

Just looked at the defensive stats for our team, and WOW. No sacks...none. *groan*

down the sideline....

Yeah Cal, I saw that one too. It was an obvious PI that didn't get called.

Ahhh...I think you're right. Ugh...

Just looked at the defensive stats for our team, and WOW. No sacks...none. *groan*

This team can't get a pass rush to save it's life. Saw Sunday night Rubin is starting for Seattle, but he wasn't good enough for us.

And yet we had multiple blitzes without even one resulting in a sack. Pitiful.

And the ratbirds were starting 2 backups on the left side

An old line is, if you want to know what is going on, all you have to do is follow the money.

In the NFL, all you have to do is follow the point spread.

Call me crazy but...................

I don't really think the refs are corrupt.....perhaps inept at times, but not corrupt. Not saying its not possible.....see that NBA ref....Tim Donaghy?....that was corrupt. But I just don't think so.

Archived