THE BROWNS BOARD

Austin Davis named starter against Bungles...

dawg08

I don't think we have any Davis fanboys since I can't imagine anyone joined this board just because of Austin Davis being a Browns player. The same can't be said of young Johnny....

Oh please, I've been around long enough to know that anybody that roots for a quarterback that somebody doesn't like is immediately called a faggot.

:o

WSS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh please, I've been around long enough to know that anybody that roots for a quarterback that somebody doesn't like is immediately called a faggot.

:o

WSS

I suppose you could be right. Can we just get a QB that wins for christs sake?

love the decision on Austin. But why do you tell your opponent " Ok wrap that shit on making JM beat us from the pocket & lets get the A. Davis tapes out". Pet clearly is troublesome with game strategy or is truly still pist at one Manziel? 2 QB's will be active Sunday & that's the time to tell your division team. Just a opinion.

Great point gumby

I honestly think if they were done with Johnny they would play him now to showcase for trade. Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel. The only other thing that would make sense is if here is concensus internally that Davis is the better prospect to potentially start next year and I stress concensus.

Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel.

Ive been expecting this since the roadside incident but, at this point, not so sure it's coming......still wouldn't be surprised tho.....

I honestly think if they were done with Johnny they would play him now to showcase for trade. Announcing Davis as the starter as well as signing Pryor still have me suspecting an impending suspension for Manziel. The only other thing that would make sense is if here is concensus internally that Davis is the better prospect to potentially start next year and I stress concensus.

They want to see if Davis can be a stereotypical drop back, not scramble around and take massive shots, release the ball quickly and find more than one or two targets QB. McCown and Manziel both like to extend plays as long as possible, and I think they're looking for someone (dare I say) a little bit more Hoyer-like with the quick release, and they want to evaluate Davis as well as Manziel in game time.

While you guys are debating how this effects Johnny and what defines a fan boy ....

I just picked up Austin Davis and both my fantasy teams.

I think he may start for my playoff bound Coon Dawgs over my other QB ... Brian Hoyer.

Davis is going to light it up. We will get Hawk back, hopefully, to share the underneath stuff with Hartline, while Benji and Barny continue on their 1,000 yard plus paces. Pepper in some Terrelle Pryor and we are going to be just a pass-happy machine the rest of the way. Not like we have a running game.

AD is going to light it up!

Zombo

NFL has said no suspension, so, no suspension?

well....there are 2 schools of thought.....they said no suspension for domestic abuse......I (and Jcam, I think) are referring to a suspension based upon the NFL drug policy, assuming there is a good possibility Johnny is in the program....

I dont think anybody would know....its very very secret and MAJOR fines for any leaks($500,000)....

And right, we dont know and are completely speculating.....BUT, if you read the policy, which I have and have posted here, you will see that johnny meets the criteria not once, but 3 different ways......

Just entering rehab is enough to make him stage I.....(id list all the reasons again, but have posted this several times already)....just know that there are lots of reasons to believe he's in the program....and NO ONE would know unless Johnny made it public.....

While you guys are debating how this effects Johnny and what defines a fan boy ....

I just picked up Austin Davis and both my fantasy teams.

I think he may start for my playoff bound Coon Dawgs over my other QB ... Brian Hoyer.

Davis is going to light it up. We will get Hawk back, hopefully, to share the underneath stuff with Hartline, while Benji and Barny continue on their 1,000 yard plus paces. Pepper in some Terrelle Pryor and we are going to be just a pass-happy machine the rest of the way. Not like we have a running game.

Zombo

I certainly would love nothing more for you to be correct, but here's what concerns me: The Bengals defense has made several accomplished quarterbacks look VERY average, if not bad. They are going to be completely ready for Davis, and they will get tons of pressure on the kid. I am so envious of their defense. They get insane, consistent pressure by only rushing four, and if they bring more, it gets really nasty. I'm not saying they are the 85 Bears or anything, but their defense is very solid, and Austin has his work cut out for him.

Again, I hope you're right.

Right, what I meant was if he's entered the program automatically by going to rehab, then he's on the Josh Gordon 'pee in a cup a day' program, and his drinking would presumably trigger an automatic suspension.

I dont think anybody would know....its very very secret and MAJOR fines for any leaks($500,000)....

And right, we dont know and are completely speculating.....BUT, if you read the policy, which I have and have posted here, you will see that johnny meets the criteria not once, but 3 different ways......

Just entering rehab is enough to make him stage I.....(id list all the reasons again, but have posted this several times already)....just know that there are lots of reasons to believe he's in the program....and NO ONE would know unless Johnny made it public.....

This is a great post laced with concrete facts, many of which I was not aware of. I work everyday with addicts, and I know their behavior. If I was a betting man, I would think Johnny's problems are more severe than many think. In fact, I think it goes beyond alcohol. However, I have ZERO evidence to support this, and please know that I am not trying to spread rumors. I am merely speculating. I believe there was a video of Johnny holding a rolled up bill a year or two ago, and there aren't many reasons to have one of those besides the obvious.

The most glaring evidence of Johnny's addictive behavior came from his recent suspension. After all of his hard work, after a near brush with the law, and directly after being named the starting QB for a team he's let down multiple times...he literally couldn't help himself. He not only got wasted, he allowed himself to be taped. And in typical addict mentality, he at first tried to get other people to cover it up, he didn't take accountability, and he lied.

I don't know many addicts, if any, that got sobriety right the first time. Deep down, many addicts believe they can still party, and the next time they'll do a better job of controlling it. They scheme of ways to get away with it, they make alliances with people who won't rat them out, and they say all of the right things. Many times an individual has to hit "rock bottom" before they completely realize that they can't live with alcohol or drugs. Rock bottom is different for everybody, and is being demoted to third string bottom enough for Johnny to take his drinking (or whatever) more seriously? Addiction is complicated, and it's the only disease in the world that tells the person they don't have it.

Again, this is all speculation, and I could be ass wrong (as usual, hehe), but I see a lot of behavior in Johnny that I have witnessed in many others like him. Being an addict is difficult enough, I can't IMAGINE how difficult it would be to have an addiction AND have money. I want to be wrong here. I want Johnny to just be a young idiot who likes to party and just can't help himself. However, I think the issues run far deeper, and I hope he's taking it seriously. I want him to succeed so badly. Talent like his is rare, and a pity when thrown away. Sorry for the long post (again).

Let's not forget, Bret Favre compared Davis to Kurt Warner and Tom Brady.

(Don't kill the messenger)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=B-e18VnMs9U

That would be great. I'm surprised you guys don't hate Brett Favre since he was a major league drunk and substance abuser when he played.

;)

WSS

That would be great. I'm surprised you guys don't hate Brett Favre since he was a major league drunk and substance abuser when he played.

;)

WSS

Does someone hate Johnny?

I'm not feeling that. Not amongst any reasonable posters.

Favre went into rehab in 1996 before the season and then played the best football of his life.

Hopefully Johnny does the same after his second stint.

Zombo

Right, what I meant was if he's entered the program automatically by going to rehab, then he's on the Josh Gordon 'pee in a cup a day' program, and his drinking would presumably trigger an automatic suspension.

True....if it was for alcohol.....But Im thinking the rolled up bill triggered a piss test....and, if he failed, a volunteer entry into rehab would prevent a suspension and/or fine......(as per NFL policy)

And, coincidentally, he happened to enter rehab just a few months later(and right after he said he didnt have a problem and wasnt changing for anyone).....(then said I have a problem and am entering myself into rehab)...thats a big change for no reason, dont ya think???

Now....if it was for something other than alcohol(coke? ecstacy?), then he may still be allowed to drink......BUT, the Commish also has the power to escalate things if the abuser shows signs of having control issues, etc.....

So.....with all the public issues relating to drinking, Goodel could add alcohol to Johnnys banned list at his own discretion...

This is a great post laced with concrete facts, many of which I was not aware of. I work everyday with addicts, and I know their behavior. If I was a betting man, I would think Johnny's problems are more severe than many think. In fact, I think it goes beyond alcohol. However, I have ZERO evidence to support this, and please know that I am not trying to spread rumors. I am merely speculating. I believe there was a video of Johnny holding a rolled up bill a year or two ago, and there aren't many reasons to have one of those besides the obvious.

The most glaring evidence of Johnny's addictive behavior came from his recent suspension.

Again, this is all speculation, and I could be ass wrong (as usual, hehe), but I see a lot of behavior in Johnny that I have witnessed in many others like him.

We're speaking the same language.....and the rolled bill is the key......

And....Brett Favre?.....not the same in my eyes, at all.....biggest difference?.....Favre got it straight by year 2 and was playing well... .and the even bigger difference was that Farve was a really good player.....

Yes, Brian Hoyer, who is 14-8 with some mediocre teams the past three years.

Zombo

Exactly. Why some/most people cant, or simply won't see this is beyond me........... I guess they're too busy logging on to PFF to read all about our #2 ranked o-line. LMAO

Does someone hate Johnny?

I'm not feeling that. Not amongst any reasonable posters.

Favre went into rehab in 1996 before the season and then played the best football of his life.

Hopefully Johnny does the same after his second stint.

Zombo

Zombo my Irish brother sober up! Half the fuckers on this board hate Johnny! Probably a third of them hate the Browns! At least that's how it seems.

:D

WSS

Throw in an intro to Glenn Winston and THAT's what I call a plan...

So.....with all the public issues relating to drinking, Goodel could add alcohol to Johnnys banned list at his own discretion...

And....Brett Favre?.....not the same in my eyes, at all.....biggest difference?.....Favre got it straight by year 2 and was playing well... .and the even bigger difference was that Farve was a really good player.....

Goodel does a lot of things that end up not sticking...

As for Favre... forgot about his rehab stint... painkillers as I recall.

I'm not a "hater" when it comes to him either, but I have an issue with the concept of a 1st-ballot, HOF QB who averaged over one INT per game and threw over 3 picks for every 5 TD throws. The guy was simply a loose-cannon gunslinger.

Twice in his career he had teammates explain to him that he did not have to do everything for the team to win: '96 by Reggie White and '09 with AP. The results were two of his better years and his only SB.

I think he prevented more SB victories than he won.

Fuck, I'd forgotten about Glenn Winston. Why the fuck haven't we seen him get a carry at all? I mean, it's not like Crowell has been lighting it up, running for 150 100 75 50 yards and 3 2 1 TDs a first down every game.

Archived