THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor is back Baby!

ColumbusKing

Brandon Jones 6'1" 210 lbs.

Henry 6'3" 238 lbs.

There is no comparison when the Browns need a power back to move the ball 3-4 yards regularly compared to the pathetic output we see now. And those that compare him to Richardson are similarly mistaken. Henry goes where the play is designed, might make a small move or two and then runs through arm tackles or powers over LBs. when needed. When he does clear them he turns on the speed. He also is there for the second half unlike what we see now.

Form your own opinion by watching him this Saturday in the SEC championship game. Then come back and say what you saw. Watch the entire game. He plays better the more carries he gets.

Jacobs =/= Jones

Height: 6′ 4″
40 yard dash time: 4.56 seconds

Weight: 264 lbs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your reading comprehension is slipping in your old age.

I like Farmer's acquisitions. They were made to support the plan Pettine wanted to implement, and Pettine dropped the ball by being ill prepared and playing favorites.

so we'll give the players more time to learn to execute the coach's plan than the coach himself?

great biz plan!

Henry has slow feet which is a must in the backfield. Yes, he's got tremendous endurance and he makes 3 yards out of 1 and 1 out of -2. That's a good quality in the NFL, but it's not "take me in the first round." EZE is better than him for the NFL.

Kinda where I am, war... but still looking.

I wouldn't be continuing to harp on it if I didn't get some validation from the article on OBR.

Here's a link to some of the content: http://www.fans247.com/showthread.php?63561-A-Cleveland-Browns-Confidant-Speaks-on-Front-Office-Coaching-Tensions

And that's fine, TC. Just an honest disagreement of opinions... and I respect yours and give it more weight on more topics than most here. Whereas OBR means nothing to me.

Henry has slow feet which is a must in the backfield. Yes, he's got tremendous endurance and he makes 3 yards out of 1 and 1 out of -2. That's a good quality in the NFL, but it's not "take me in the first round." EZE is better than him for the NFL.

I don't disagree with where he goes in the draft (we have greater needs), but since we pick high in the second then we need to get him. If that means moving up a few spots into the 1st then that also would be a decent move. We need a player who can get the tough yards inside but also has the breakaway speed when he clears the LB's to score from 30-40 yds out. He reminds me of Eric Dickerson in that I think they share a long stride that accelerates the further the run goes.

PS-Elliott will be long gone by the time late 1st round comes up.

Henry doesn't have breakaway speed though. He's not an elite NFL prospect, it's that simple. And I'm the biggest Alabama/Saban fan (from a distance) you'll find.

We disagree on both counts. Take a look at some of his longer runs here and tell me this is not unlike Eric Dickerson strides that hide deceptive breakaway speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKh2NP_gSBI

Dude I'm mid-twenties. I don't know dickerson about Eric Dickerson other than he was one of the Pony Excess culprits. I've probably watched no team more outside of the Ags or Browns than Alabama. So I've seen most everything in the clip you posted. I'm just telling you what's obvious.

Despite their recent rushing dominance, Alabama has one of the highest numbers of negative rushing plays this year. That's on a subpar OL and Henry's slow feet in the backfield.

Then let me educate you. Watch Dickerson's longer NFL runs here. The same deceptively fast long strides that eat up ground the longer the run becomes. See those slow feet? See the ground they actually cover as he pulls away? Looks just like Henry with all those "slow" SEC DB's doesn't it? Also 6'3" and 220+.

Say is he 6'3" and over 220? I couldn't remember from the first half dozen times you said it. I have no interest in discussing this with you if you're just going to repeat the same things over and over. I told you the negative plays stat. Heck, look at his first half stats across the board this year (outside of our game of course).

He's not fast. He'll be well over 4.55 at the combine. Probably in the 4.65 range.

Then let me educate you. Watch Dickerson's longer NFL runs here. The same deceptively fast long strides that eat up ground the longer the run becomes. See those slow feet? See the ground they actually cover as he pulls away? Looks just like Henry with all those "slow" SEC DB's doesn't it? Also 6'3" and 220+.

I basically agree with this. Dickerson was a guy that people said "he isn't running very hard or fast" but all he did was run over, around and through people.....and he looked like he was going slow motion....but he went right by and outran supposedly faster DBs.

I do see some of this in Henry.

Say is he 6'3" and over 220? I couldn't remember from the first half dozen times you said it. I have no interest in discussing this with you if you're just going to repeat the same things over and over. I told you the negative plays stat. Heck, look at his first half stats across the board this year (outside of our game of course).

He's not fast. He'll be well over 4.55 at the combine. Probably in the 4.65 range.

Well, just looking at the highlight video it seemed to me that he outran a number of DBs that actually had the angle on him.

I dont want to pick him(or any back in the first couple rounds)....but, I agree with AG, that he DOES look and run a lot like Dickerson.....

First time I saw him run with that upright style, Dickerson was the name that immediately flashed through my mind.....

Now.....will he be another Dickerson???.......longshot.......

to be honest, I'm skeptical of anybody's highlight reel. You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will. It doesn't mean shit in terms of how they will translate to the pros.

to be honest, I'm skeptical of anybody's highlight reel. You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will. It doesn't mean shit in terms of how they will translate to the pros.

Fair point.

You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will.

Right.....Richardson was promoted as the next Adrian Peterson....by everybody.....just read his draft profile again and it makes me ill.......

If Farmer picks yet another over inflated SEC star, I will kill something......

It may be a puppy......or a bottle of jack....but something is going down.....

I'm not sure where the Dickerson comparison comes in...Dickerson was one of the fastest RB's of his time.

Henry is not, and it's not even close. He's a plodder with slow foot speed. He's a short yardage back similar to Marcel Reece. Not even close to Dickerson in the least.

He ran one of the top 40 yard times on the whole Bama team this summer. Not sure why some of you cannot see him pulling away from DB's because highlights or not, that is speed. Oh well, just watch him blossom on some other NFL team. Send your alternatives in to our blind GM. I'm sure he'll take another Mayle or Bowe instead anyway.

I'm not sure where the Dickerson comparison comes in...Dickerson was one of the fastest RB's of his time.

Henry is not, and it's not even close. He's a plodder with slow foot speed. He's a short yardage back similar to Marcel Reece. Not even close to Dickerson in the least.

I only say it because they have exactly the same running style.....maybe different speeds, but Im not saying they are the exact same in every way....Im saying they look and run the same.....

Dickerson was a 4.3 - 4.4 runner......not sure what this guy at Bama runs, but he does look a bit slower....

I only say it because they have exactly the same running style.....maybe different speeds, but Im not saying they are the exact same in every way....Im saying they look and run the same.....

Dickerson was a 4.3 - 4.4 runner......not sure what this guy at Bama runs, but he does look a bit slower....

He ran a 4.50 at a Bama hand-timed spring workout session, so I'd say he'll probably come it at like 4.58-4.63 with laser timing assuming he doesn't shed about 15 pounds between now and the combine.

He ran one of the top 40 yard times on the whole Bama team this summer. Not sure why some of you cannot see him pulling away from DB's because highlights or not, that is speed. Oh well, just watch him blossom on some other NFL team. Send your alternatives in to our blind GM. I'm sure he'll take another Mayle or Bowe instead anyway.

Well, the question is: where would the Browns take him. It appears clear that the Browns are going to get a very high pick......possibly top 3 if they continue to play so poorly....and have such continued bad luck.

Would they take Henry there? I think absolutely not.

If he were still there at the top of the second round? He would have to be heavily considered.

One service I rely on a lot: CBS sports....has him currently at the #32 best prospect.

If right..he goes down to early second...maybe snatch him. (but not in the top spot.)

That time was a 4.5, that's not saying too much.

I ran the fastest speed in my grandmother's retirement community.

That time was a 4.5, that's not saying too much.

He's a big dude....so Id say it isnt really that bad of a time...

Last year there were 36 running backs at the combine.....you know how many ran sub 4.5 times?????.......one.....

Josh Gordon & Dez Bryant seem to do ok with 4.5 speed.....

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/21/8079823/2015-nfl-combine-results-40-yard-dash-running-backs

He's a big dude....so Id say it isnt really that bad of a time...

Last year there were 36 running backs at the combine.....you know how many ran sub 4.5 times?????.......one.....

Josh Gordon & Dez Bryant seem to do ok with 4.5 speed.....

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/21/8079823/2015-nfl-combine-results-40-yard-dash-running-backs

It's wholly average and doesn't fit the Eric Dickerson comparison. And it was hand-timed. In Alabama. In the spring when his legs are the freshest.

That's a 4.6 at the Combine.

Henry is just another in a long line of Alabama runningbacks that are good, but not transcendent talent - therefore not worth a first round look. If he's there in the third, sure.

But he's a straight ahead runner with average to below average acceleration. He doesn't move well laterally and is barely used as a receiver out of the backfield and, for those reasons, he'd fail in a ZBS scheme. His best fit is with a traditional power system, preferably with an active FB or two large tight ends.

Henry is a juggernaut with home run potential - but you'd have to run him 20 times a game for that to happen. He pounds and pounds and pounds and then eventually catches a corner and builds a head of steam once he gets to the second level. The problem is that he won't be able to pound and pound and pound in the NFL.

Alabama runs a fantastic power blocking system - account for the four largest players around the intended hole, FB lead blocks the first man to show, TE works out to in, and this gets their RB's in a one-on-one with the secondary - who are outweighed by 30 pounds and stand no chance against a runner with a full head of steam . That's why Alabama runners have traditionally been larger, bullish runners and not shiftier backs.

It's wholly average and doesn't fit the Eric Dickerson comparison. And it was hand-timed. In Alabama. In the spring when his legs are the freshest.

That's a 4.6 at the Combine.

Henry is just another in a long line of Alabama runningbacks that are good, but not transcendent talent - therefore not worth a first round look. If he's there in the third, sure.

You know, Im not really sure "what" point you are even debating here.......

I said when I saw him run, he reminded me of Dickerson.....which is completely true(not debatable).....maybe he doesnt remind "you" of him, but thats not what I said.....I also said....1) I dont want to draft him early.....2) Its not likely that he IS another Dickerson....

Then you said he's slow and 4.5 aint nothing....yet I just showed you that 4.5 is above average for RB's.....and DEFINITELY for 6-3 250 pounders.....

And, yeah, hand timing can be off....(both ways, actually)....But, its also known that most prospects train to run the 40 prior to the combine and, because of this "40 training", most will improve their times.....

So...you can go on about whatever your point is, but that does not eliminate the name that popped into my head when I saw this guy run.....and that name was Dickerson(and I was actually alive to witness his entire career)(I know what I saw) ....

You know, Im not really sure "what" point you are even debating here.......

I said when I saw him run, he reminded me of Dickerson.....which is completely true(not debatable).....maybe he doesnt remind "you" of him, but thats not what I said.....I also said....1) I dont want to draft him early.....2) Its not likely that he IS another Dickerson....

Then you said he's slow and 4.5 aint nothing....yet I just showed you that 4.5 is above average for RB's.....and DEFINITELY for 6-3 250 pounders.....

And, yeah, hand timing can be off....(both ways, actually)....But, its also known that most prospects train to run the 40 prior to the combine and, because of this "40 training", most will improve their times.....

So...you can go on about whatever your point is, but that does not eliminate the name that popped into my head when I saw this guy run.....and that name was Dickerson(and I was actually alive to witness his entire career)(I know what I saw) ....

I'm not debating what you thought of when you saw him, I was debating what Ag was saying about how Henry and Dickerson share the same breakaway speed. I can see why you'd have glimpses of Dickerson, he runs upright and runs through arm tackles.

I was just pointing out that Dickerson had 4.4 speed in an era when only CB's did, while Henry has more like 4.55-4.6 speed in an era when linebackers and defensive ends do too. Fast, sure? Above average, probably not - but we'll see when the combine rolls around.

At the NFL level he'll be the same size and speed as LB's and he doesn't possess the lateral agility to make them miss. Add to that the fact that we're trying to transition to a zone blocking scheme and that we utilize backs as receivers, and he doesn't fit for us.

Again, not a debate on what you were saying, only a debate on what Ag was saying and just my personal feeling on the matter.

Archived