THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor is back Baby!

ColumbusKing

Don't worry Mud, we have a reputation to maintain. So QB it is in rounds 1-5! One will stick. ^_^:P:lol::D

As good as Bernie was at qb, he had a D that was capable of holding a lead. Dawg pound originted because of lights out defensive play. The true rep of the Browns has mostly been based on defense.....so in reply....HUH?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need to draft LB in rounds 1 thru 5.....and hope we score at least 2 that can play......otherwise, nothing will get better....

LOL... started thinking about an LB draft last nite after writing my "In Defense of Pettine" treatise yesterday... and woke up thinking about it this AM.

Problem is every defensive player that caught my eye yesterday played a position other than LB...

Problem is every defensive player that caught my eye yesterday played a position other than LB...

Ha!....thats why we need to draft like 5 of them.....just to make sure we get the good one, who ever that may be....

On a side note.....Pryor and Bowe inactive.......Jennings activated from PS and on active roster today.....weird, eh?

More surprising to me was Winston being inactive... Had to change my this week write-up...

Jennings might be a familiarity move for Austin...

We might be witnessing the worst group of starting receivers in recent memory. I can't imagine that we WON'T see Pryor, but just how much can he possibly know in a couple of weeks? Hopefully it's enough to get on the field for an extended amount of time. This is as bad as an offense can get. How in the heck can a staff evaluate Johnny Manziel when the offense is completely devoid of talent? I'm not saying we had a wealth to begin with, but now it's completely insane.

I have to admit, Jennings showed me a little fire yesterday, and I look to see him improve upon his showing this weekend. I believe at 5'10 and 170 pounds, he'll provide some much needed size. *eye roll*

At any rate, the offense is only going to be part of the problem. I don't want to THINK about what happens when we play the Steelers.

Good luck Johnny...maybe you can find Pryor or Jennings for a few big plays and give us something to cheer about.

You make a good point.......but "we" want him because he is tall and fast.......and there is a dearth of that among the Browns WR corps.

And, sure....homerism as well.

Question for all y'all: What former QBs have actually made the transition to WR? Anyone? I can think of the two Kent staters: Cribbs and Edelman.

Who else?

I can think of some tight ends that came from basketball! I don't thik QB's typically have the athleticism or speed to convert to WR. Pryor is the exception...6'5", 4.38 time. The Browns ought to invest all they can in his developement, teaching him route running and creating separation. How many defensive backfields could cover Pryor and Benjamin both running deep routes, and still cover intermediate receivers.

I can think of some tight ends that came from basketball! I don't thik QB's typically have the athleticism or speed to convert to WR. Pryor is the exception...6'5", 4.38 time. The Browns ought to invest all they can in his developement, teaching him route running and creating separation. How many defensive backfields could cover Pryor and Benjamin both running deep routes, and still cover intermediate receivers.

Well, that is the experiment that will be undertaken. Hopefully it will have some success.

Archived