THE BROWNS BOARD

Danish researcher: dirty, filthy Islam by far the most violent religion

Pumpkin Eater

Os said:

" It is disingenuous to give the Old Testament a pass for doing the same thing that the Quran does. "

No, Os - it is not. True, the Old Testament does contain a lot of that stuff.

HOWEVER, the New Testament supercedes the Old. Gone are all the rules and punishments for

people.

Jesus died for us, that we may still have enternal life - that's all.

There is no "new quran" that supercedes the old punishments and judgements.

King James Bible

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Os said:

" It is disingenuous to give the Old Testament a pass for doing the same thing that the Quran does. "

No, Os - it is not. True, the Old Testament does contain a lot of that stuff.

HOWEVER, the New Testament supercedes the Old. Gone are all the rules and punishments for

people.

Jesus died for us, that we may still have enternal life - that's all.

There is no "new quran" that supercedes the old punishments and judgements.

King James Bible

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I would be happy to some kind of reform movement that accomplishes what the New Testament did. It would have to center on restricting how the Quran is interpreted rather than producing a new book.

There is only one religion doing this terrorism today and using their holy book to justify it. Not too many people are losing their heads to fanatics screaming praises to Jesus or Buddha or other faiths but there are MANY Islamic terrorist groups of fundamentalist Muslims who are shouting "Allah Akbar" and killing people using the koran as justification and that is a fact that cannot be denied.

That's false, actually. The Army of God is a Christian organization that carries out abortion clinic bombings. A visit to their website contains Bible verses that include 'rising up against the evil-doers'.

I would be happy to some kind of reform movement that accomplishes what the New Testament did. It would have to center on restricting how the Quran is interpreted rather than producing a new book.

That's false, actually. The Army of God is a Christian organization that carries out abortion clinic bombings. A visit to their website contains Bible verses that include 'rising up against the evil-doers'.

Yes, and there are those buddhist monks in Burma of course. But the volume is not on the same scale.

I would be happy to some kind of reform movement that accomplishes what the New Testament did. It would have to center on restricting how the Quran is interpreted rather than producing a new book. Os

We all would, Os. Sites like this don't give me much confidence...

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Themes/jihad_passages.html

Evil acts have been done in the name of about all religions but it is the scale and quantity of the acts today coming out of ONE faith that is a problem. And I have a problem with a Muslim president who makes comparisons with the Crusades and the evil terror that is happening TODAY and not centuries ago that is coming out of ONE religion. The same Muslim president who refuses to even utter the words radical Islamic terrorists.

Chris - the site simply lists verses etc. There is no added hate mongering.

Don't knee jerk. How the terrorists are misusing the Quran is a very serious concern

to all Americans.

and to decent people globally. I'm with Os on what he said about what he wishes.

Although, he didn't make much of a point about the "army of God", which only seems to

have had about 11 members/associates. That's just a wacko violent cult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_God_(United_States)

"islamic" terrorists are in the tens of thousands,up to 31,000 per some estimates.

Those sites do exactly what the jihadis are doing - taking verses out of context. Then it's all "look what muslims are taught to believe, they must all be barbarous savages that want to kill everybody and impose sharia law" and you leave convinced that all muslims are terrorists waiting to happen.

Those sites do exactly what the jihadis are doing - taking verses out of context. Then it's all "look what muslims are taught to believe, they must all be barbarous savages that want to kill everybody and impose sharia law" and you leave convinced that all muslims are terrorists waiting to happen. Chris

Chris.... you didn't read it. NOWHERE does it say that. It lists a bunch of verses, taken out of context is on the part of

those who do that.

Unless they are not correct quotes out of the Quran, I have no way of knowing, ....

it is absolutely not subjective or hateful or anything like that.

READ THE FREAKIN STUFF. It JUST LISTS THE VERSES.

The proof is in the pudding. We have hosts of radical Islamic terrorists killing innocents today in the name of Allah and using the koran as justification. I see no evidence of Jews around the world killing Gentiles using the OT as justification. If there is it is miniscule in comparison to Islam. Same way with Christian faith, Hindu, and Buddhists. So I hate to see the false comparisons. Islam is in a category all it's own with other religions in the world today when it comes to justification of killing innocent people.

The proof is in the pudding. We have hosts of radical Islamic terrorists killing innocents today in the name of Allah and using the koran as justification. I see no evidence of Jews around the world killing Gentiles using the OT as justification. If there is it is miniscule in comparison to Islam. Same way with Christian faith, Hindu, and Buddhists. So I hate to see the false comparisons. Islam is in a category all it's own with other religions in the world today when it comes to justification of killing innocent people.

Depends on your stance on Israel/Palestine I guess.

Either way, there are about 15 million jews, and a hundred times as many muslims. Numbers aren't on their side in that front.

I'll settle for the worst president this nation has ever had.

Tough call if you look at all of them in history.

But in the last few decades, W/Cheney probably easily take the cake. Aside from running up the deficit with gross tax cuts for the rich, that administration is also pretty much responsible for the destabilization of the middle east and rise of Isis.

Isis' rise has definitely been accelerated through the fuck ups in Syria, Libya, Egypt, etc though.

Depends on your stance on Israel/Palestine I guess.

Either way, there are about 15 million jews, and a hundred times as many muslims. Numbers aren't on their side in that front.

For me at one time I wanted to believe in moderate Muslims who can live in peace with people of other faiths or even atheists but the koran as it is written will not allow it and that is the problem. I watched a show once with moderate Muslims who condemned terrorism and violence and they were winning me over until the host of the show brought out the scriptures in the koran that spoke of killing infidels where you find them and other verses just like that and asked the moderate Muslims if they supported those verses. They all would not condemn those verses or say they were wrong but tapped danced all around answering that question. Then I saw it was the problem of the koran itself.

edw, you really can't be serious about your crap. You just bashed

Bush for HIS deficit,

and you are too much a dishonest lib to talk about how ObaMao has

made it far, far, far greater.

If you aren't going to try to be legit in what you are talking about, just admit that

you are making stuff up for the partisan fun of it, which I have admitted to once in a while.

these isis type terror groups have been around since the early centuries.

They brought our towers down BEFORE WE WENT INTO IRAQ.

9/11 was planned for three years. Bush had only been pres for about 8 months.

Clinton was pres for about 2 years and 4 months while bin laden planned and plotted.

Constantly telling a false, self-serving political narrative of bs doesn't make you look smart.

edw, you really can't be serious about your crap. You just bashed

Bush for HIS deficit,

and you are too much a dishonest lib to talk about how ObaMao has

made it far, far, far greater.

If you aren't going to try to be legit in what you are talking about, just admit that

you are making stuff up for the partisan fun of it, which I have admitted to once in a while.

W had a $236 billion dollar surplus when he took office.

Through his lopsided tax cuts yet increase in spending he turned it into a -$458 billion deficit by the end 2007 or so.

I won't entirely blame him for the -$1.4 trillion deficit that occured between October 2007-2008, right before Obama took office because that was the year of the financial crisis.

Obama has gotten the $1.4 trillion back down to the -$458 billion mark or so currently.

I'm just putting it out there that it's no secret W's policies drove up the deficit. The Iraq mistake pretty much solidifies my opinion that W was a much worse president than Obama.

Obama has increased revenue by raising taxes but also the national debt has gone up from 10 trillion under Bush to over 18 trillion today with projections when Obama leaves office the national debt will be over 20 trillion. Obama has shown no indication he wants to cut spending. He called Bush unpatriotic for the 10 trillion dollar debt when it has almost doubled under Obama's term. We are taking in a record amount of revenue with the new taxes which has decreased the deficit but not even touched the ever growing national debt (becaue we are spending too much). We have had the worst economic recovery coming out of a recession since the Great Depression. Even if Bush made a mistake with Iraq when Obama pulled all the troops out too soon against the advice of the military and ISIS took over a good part of Iraq Obama made a huge mistake himself. Worse yet if Bush was wrong in trying to bring democracy in the middle east (and the evidence has been that toppling dictators in Muslim countries usually ends up with an even worse situation) then we made the same mistake in Libya by toppling Khadaffi and the chaos that reigns in Libya today is even worse than when Khadaffi ruled. In Iran Obama has negotiated a horrible nuclear treaty that will enable Iran to get nuclear weapons which is not going to end well. Obama's weakness has made the world more dangerous than ever. The Jayvee team ISIS continues to grow even though Obama says they have been contained. Whoever follows this president is going to inherit a mess.

Obama followed W's schedule to pull troops out of Iraq. W signed the order, right? Obama just followed the timeline that W approved.

As we know now, yes it was too early and Iraqis were not equipped willing to defend themselves (they may have never been willing to defend themselves, a big part of it is they didn't like the Shi'a government that was put in place). Iraqis wanted us out and so did the general public when it came to the 2008 election also.

Libya and Syria are both total mistakes - though other NATO allies also share responsibility for those.

Pretty much all of the democrats/republicans perpetuate similar doomed to fail ideas in terms of foreign policy - I'm not sure why common sense is lacking so much in this country.

Still with all the mistakes, the decision to invade Iraq on false pretenses is definitely the biggest foreign policy blunder of our time.

Obama adjusts Iraq narrative, now blames Bush for troop withdrawal

U.S. military airstrikes against Islamic State prompt revisionist history

The president who spent years touting the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq suddenly has had to distance himself from that action. At the White House on Saturday morning — less than 48 hours after authorizing airstrikes against Islamist militants and humanitarian air drops to save the lives of trapped Iraqi civilians — President Obama blamed his predecessor, George W. Bush, for the absence of American troops in Iraq and rejected the assertion that he could have left a small peacekeeping force in the war-torn nation.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/11/obama-adjusts-iraq-narrative-now-blames-george-w-b/?page=all

Those sites do exactly what the jihadis are doing - taking verses out of context. Then it's all "look what muslims are taught to believe, they must all be barbarous savages that want to kill everybody and impose sharia law" and you leave convinced that all muslims are terrorists waiting to happen.

Stuart

LOL...there's always the "taken out of context" card. The Planned Parenthood videos were "taken out of context" too.

Obama adjusts Iraq narrative, now blames Bush for troop withdrawal

U.S. military airstrikes against Islamic State prompt revisionist history

The president who spent years touting the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq suddenly has had to distance himself from that action. At the White House on Saturday morning — less than 48 hours after authorizing airstrikes against Islamist militants and humanitarian air drops to save the lives of trapped Iraqi civilians — President Obama blamed his predecessor, George W. Bush, for the absence of American troops in Iraq and rejected the assertion that he could have left a small peacekeeping force in the war-torn nation.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/11/obama-adjusts-iraq-narrative-now-blames-george-w-b/?page=all

Stuart

How pathetic. This piece of garbage Obama is smart in that he knows half of America is stupid and will believe anything he says.

Stuart

LOL...there's always the "taken out of context" card. The Planned Parenthood videos were "taken out of context" too.

The Planned Parenthood videos were taken out of context. Feel free to check out the PP thread if you're skeptical; I addressed the matter in detail.

Oh, baloney. She said what she said, and there's no question about that.

If PP was a conservative religious org talking about abstinence and

women's health...

all you libs would hate the freaking abomination.

Archived