THE BROWNS BOARD

That's just the way it is

One Post

There was a time this country was all about being self worthy and bonafide. The nation ran strong on American made hard steel and an honest days work. Those times are beyond us but it's not too late.

We used to have prayer and the honor of our country before class in school. There was a certain respectful nature from the students to the teachers. Why? Because that's the way it is.

Now it's common to hear of guns and shootings in our schools. Kind of weird how all the atheist wanted their rights not to have religion in our school systems and now it's come down to horrific happenings. Truly ironic how the judicial system doesn't look towards God for any sense of belonging until the kids wind up in prison.

We used to never hear of homosexually out loud. It was kept under wraps and for good reason. There's some things you don't talk about. Now if you voice an opinion about being anti gay you're a small minded bigot. You grow old enough to find a wife, you have a wedding and have children. That's just the way it is.

A man should earn his own way. It's not too hard. You get up, put your feet on the floor and get going. That's just the way it is. Now it's common to see grown men in the middle of the day doing nothing. Not on my watch. I raised five boys and have instilled work ethic and value in them. It took some ass whippings and plenty of tough love but now they're grown and gone with great smiles and their own families.

Those are just a few of the problems I see with our country and I just wish America could see just the way it is.

Sorry for the quick rant I should've taken more time writing this but I think the message is clear enough.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a lot of things. A lack of respect for self and others, a lack of appreciation

for freedom and the price it requires to keep it, a lack of understanding

how world wars started, and a lack of respect for personal responsibility and

accountability...

and entitlement to a free ride. It's a subculture of americans who seem to

deceive themselves with an incredibly bloated false sense of self-worth,

and they want a free ride, to the point of dissing everything that doesn't offer up

to them a free ride.

And they are extremely angry and intolerant of anything about God and America,

that doesn't enable how they live - through a dominant emotional knee jerk to everything

that doesn't enable their pretend world.

Something like that. Sometimes it's hideous parenting, sometimes it's influence through

leftist teachers/professors/friends.... who had very bad parenting.

Though atheism is not something I support, every atheist I've befriended have shown upstanding moral character. I think atheism comes to some people partly because they can't imagine a world where God allows the atrocities we see today to happen. That in of itself is an indication of a strong sense of justice and empathy.

Didn't mean to come across like a Jesus freak. I just meant when they had prayers at the beginning of school maybe the students and parents of those students should've just bowed their heads and dealt with it. When I was a kid in church I didn't care for prayer but I was respectful enough to shut up and let the process happen.

I don't believe in Bigfoot either but you don't see me calling the cheap cable companies complaining of all the Bigfoot hunting shows.

My point is .... It was just an example of not accepting how things are. It wasn't that bad but now it's worse.

Gays and Atheists! Of course!

We need to go back to the 50s when they weren't around. And then maybe a few other changes for those that aren't white males... but I'm sure it will be fine.

I wish we could go back to the 50's but we have taken giant steps on crushing racism. As for the fags ya I have a big problem with two dudes kissing in public.

It's a lot of things. A lack of respect for self and others, a lack of appreciation

for freedom and the price it requires to keep it, a lack of understanding

how world wars started, and a lack of respect for personal responsibility and

accountability...

and entitlement to a free ride. It's a subculture of americans who seem to

deceive themselves with an incredibly bloated false sense of self-worth,

and they want a free ride, to the point of dissing everything that doesn't offer up

to them a free ride.

And they are extremely angry and intolerant of anything about God and America,

that doesn't enable how they live - through a dominant emotional knee jerk to everything

that doesn't enable their pretend world.

Something like that. Sometimes it's hideous parenting, sometimes it's influence through

leftist teachers/professors/friends.... who had very bad parenting.

Totally agree

no you know what's wrong with this decaying society? willful myopia. The utter and profound willingness to blame whatever you deem antithetical to you as to why our society is falling. As if a century ago things were any different. We were still assholes, that's what a lot of you refuse to acknowledge. We shit through our resources a long time ago and have been living comfortably by pirating the resources of others. In the 50's, 60's and 70's we were assassinating leaders of foreign countries we wanted removed because they didn't allow American corporations to run through their lands unabated. There wasn't shit about us "back then" that was any better than it we are now.

Fact is that we were "NEVER" any better or any worse than any other group of humans on this god forsaken rock. We have done what we ALWAYS have done. It was never sustainable, it never is. But it's fun while it lasts huh? Here's a fun fact. We started recording the levels of nutrition in our fruits and veggies since about roughly the 40's. And since then there's been a 4-6 fold decrease in the vitamin/mineral content. So what right? I'll see if some of you can figure out what it was that has preceded the fall of every empire on record.

But god am I tired of these atheists and fags ruined everything schtick. It's horseshit.

Right, just wondering what about it is a big problem for you?

I guess I don't have any big problems. I've worked my whole life and wouldn't have what Ive earned without work ethic. I guess my problem is disrespectful people shooting up our schools and the moral of the country going to shit.

no you know what's wrong with this decaying society? willful myopia. The utter and profound willingness to blame whatever you deem antithetical to you as to why our society is falling. As if a century ago things were any different. We were still assholes, that's what a lot of you refuse to acknowledge. We shit through our resources a long time ago and have been living comfortably by pirating the resources of others. In the 50's, 60's and 70's we were assassinating leaders of foreign countries we wanted removed because they didn't allow American corporations to run through their lands unabated. There wasn't shit about us "back then" that was any better than it we are now.

Fact is that we were "NEVER" any better or any worse than any other group of humans on this god forsaken rock. We have done what we ALWAYS have done. It was never sustainable, it never is. But it's fun while it lasts huh? Here's a fun fact. We started recording the levels of nutrition in our fruits and veggies since about roughly the 40's. And since then there's been a 4-6 fold decrease in the vitamin/mineral content. So what right? I'll see if some of you can figure out what it was that has preceded the fall of every empire on record.

But god am I tired of these atheists and fags ruined everything schtick. It's horseshit.

I'm not ignoring your post. Getting ready for work today I'll respond tonite when I get settled in. Peace.

What do you think of polygamy chris?

To be honest I don't have a great problem with it. I fully understand that it's possible to love more than one person in a romantic way, and if everybody's happy where's the harm?

Right, just wondering what about it is a big problem for you?

Stuart

Perhaps it's "offensive" to him? You're a liberal, surely you know what being offended feels like, so feel his pain.

Hetero or homo kissing in public...get a room. Especially you homos, that's just nasty.

Reflecting on it I really don't see much of that anymore. Used to be anywhere you go you'll eventually come across two lovebirds passionately swapping spit.

Perhaps it's "offensive" to him? You're a liberal, surely you know what being offended feels like, so feel his pain.

Hetero or homo kissing in public...get a room. Especially you homos, that's just nasty.

Reflecting on it I really don't see much of that anymore. Used to be anywhere you go where there is a public gathering you'll eventually come across two lovebirds passionately swapping spit.

Sure, and I'm asking what's offensive about it. And be clear, he's talking specifically about 'two dudes' not just anyone. I personally don't like it so much when anybody's going at it in public, I agree, get a room. But it doesn't make much difference if it's hetero or homo loving.

To be honest, whatever the 'deviancy' if it's taking place between consenting adults and nobody's getting harmed (in a bad way ;) ) then have at it. If it's a man and a woman that think abstinence makes god happy, or a pair of guys marmite mining, or a 15-strong, 3 day orgy, makes no difference to me.

Archived