THE BROWNS BOARD

Starting to hear rumors in TN

bigbaddawgjr

Starting to hear on local radio down in Nashville that Haslam is in love with Nick Saban. They had dinner together Sunday night. The talk is he would give Saban full control of the Browns. Just think Saban coming back to Cleveland. He was defensive coordinator for before the old browns moved. Then he went to Michigan State as a Head Coach. I think this would be awesome.

Starting to hear on local radio down in Nashville that Haslam is in love with Nick Saban. They had dinner together Sunday night. The talk is he would give Saban full control of the Browns. Just think Saban coming back to Cleveland. He was defensive coordinator for before the old browns moved. Then he went to Michigan State as a Head Coach. I think this would be awesome.

No thanks. He can't recruit in the NFL. That's his real talent..

How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

I don't know I have a feeling if he had full control he would make it great. I think he would of learned from what went wrong in Miami. Look Billy boy came to the browns as a head coach then goes to New England and is one of the greatest ever.

as compared to what, the disaster we have now. I don't think saban is leaving alabama anyway.

The point is that he doesn't stick around when it gets tough. He will bail out quickly. If we are hiring a retread NFL coach. I could be talked into Gruden or I could be talked into Sean Payton. Although in both cases, I'd rather find the next Gruden or the next Payton but if we're going with a "name"....I could get excited about these two.

How did it work out for the Miami Dolphins? Do they think it was "awesome"? I think this would be a fucking disaster.

I was thinking it was just another wish list post, but now with the word disaster used, it must have some merit.

I was thinking it was just another wish list post, but now with the word disaster used, it must have some merit.

The only merit it has is Saban's NFL history. How long did he last in Miami and how well did he do? Not long and not very well. I don't think anyone in the NFL brings him in because he can't be trusted to stick around if it's a struggle. He'll jump right back to college.

Man... that Jimmy has a lot of friends in coaching/broadcasting...

Too bad none of them were available 2 years ago...

Oh, wait...

What about a Saban/Gruden/Dungy Trifecta?

What about a Saban/Gruden/Dungy Trifecta?

All as head coaches?? You really think those three giant egos are going to answer to anyone other than the owner?? Any one of those guys takes an NFL job they are going to want to be the HC, GM, team president and what ever other title they can think up. They will answer to no one other than the owner and probably not really even answer to him either.

Saban gave Urban Cryer a heart condition and cunt punted him out of the SEC.. I'm guessing he could probably do the state of Ohio the same favor ;)

He seemed to do pretty well against him last time.

It seems like all he needed was some Ohio talent, rather than southern puss.

....says the Southern boy.

This would be a great hire. Pete Carroll flamed out in the NFL, went back to college, came back with a tweaked plan, and won a Super Bowl.

To an extent I would agree. Saban has shown in the last few years flexibility and adaptation to his offensive schemes.

Though I haven't versed myself on his defensive philosophy, my understanding is a lot of pattern matching coverage with his fire zone (5man early down pressure, 3 deep, 3 underneath) being a calling card.

Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is still my guy. He is 60 from Royal Oak MI. If we want to run the ball watch Iowa's OL after losing Scherff. Ferentz was a Asst. Coach at Cleveland & Baltimore was than wanted in Shitsburg. Here's the issue:: He is the highest paid state employee in Iowa & under contract till 2020 at a mere 3.775/yr. plus bonuses. Does he want to challenge himself at football at the highest level with ageing? If I were Haslem's dollars at end of Iowa's season, I hear Iowa serves 1 hell of a steak dinner to talk to Ferentz..

That's correct, tia. This offense the last two years has been an absolute beauty, and he's done it with two different pretty mediocre quarterbacks. Defensively, he obviously has a bunch of elite players, but he's had very few, if any, elite pass rushers, and he runs a 3-4. Fits exactly what we have now. He's also a DBs coach, as Pettine hilariously pretends to be. You want to fix the run D? Hire the guy that held Fournette under 35 yards on 20 carries.

We get this speculation literally every time we are looking for a coach. Cowher, Saban, Dungy, Gruden, etc. - seen at a local coffee shop, meeting the owner, meeting the GM, seen with X and Y.

....Then we hire Crennel,Shurmur,Chudzinski,Pettine, (maybe next year there'll be another name)

I can't IMAGINE Saban leaving Alabama. He literally has created a football powerhouse, and they'll be good forever.

I cant find one drop of anything to say this really happened.....are you in Nashville? .....If not, is there somewhere I can go to confirm this dinner even happened or what was discussed???(ala "him giving Saban full control")

Archived