THE BROWNS BOARD

Starting to hear rumors in TN

bigbaddawgjr

Man... that Jimmy has a lot of friends in coaching/broadcasting...

Too bad none of them were available 2 years ago...

Oh, wait...

Ain't that the truth? Anyway I think Nick Saban is a little older than a new rebuilding head coach should be.

But remember no matter how much money you have a free dinner is a free dinner!

WSS

Saban is 64 years old. That would make him the second oldest coach behind Coughlin. Can't see him trying to make the transition back to the NFL at that age.

Yup, see below.

Leave a regular CFB playoff contender to try and work with the Browns? Doubtful.

Saban's latest salary is $6.9 million- only Bellichick and Sean Payton make more. He's got lifetime job security at 'Bama, & the boosters paid off his house for him. About a 1% chance he'd want to make a move.

Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is still my guy. He is 60 from Royal Oak MI. If we want to run the ball watch Iowa's OL after losing Scherff. Ferentz was a Asst. Coach at Cleveland & Baltimore was than wanted in Shitsburg. Here's the issue:: He is the highest paid state employee in Iowa & under contract till 2020 at a mere 3.775/yr. plus bonuses. Does he want to challenge himself at football at the highest level with ageing? If I were Haslem's dollars at end of Iowa's season, I hear Iowa serves 1 hell of a steak dinner to talk to Ferentz..

You want a guy who might think about testing the NFL waters? Here's your guy. Should Iowa (just make the playoff) or win the National Championship, there's going to be plenty of teams interested in his services. The NFL would be a significant raise too.

I cant find one drop of anything to say this really happened.....are you in Nashville? .....If not, is there somewhere I can go to confirm this dinner even happened or what was discussed???(ala "him giving Saban full control")

I live in Murfreesboro, TN just moved down here about two years ago from Toledo Ohio area. I heard it on the Nashville ESPN radio station.

I live in Murfreesboro, TN just moved down here about two years ago from Toledo Ohio area. I heard it on the Nashville ESPN radio station.

Im sorry....Im sure those guys may have been talking about it, but I gotta call complete BS on the whole notion.....

First off, Saban was in Alabama sunday, and in fact, was conducting the weekly SEC teleconference when your guys are saying he was having dinner with Haslem.....so, right there, I can tell ya that dinner didnt happen....

And...if it did(which it didnt).....I doubt that a couple ESPN radio personalities would have the inside scoop on what was discussed....and I doubt such a hi-profile meeting happens at a public restaurant....(seriously?)...hahaha

And....if they did(which they didnt)....it would be national news right now.....and huge news in Alabama.....or Cleveland.....

So.....gotta chalk this one up as another.... "Cowhers in Strongsville looking at houses right now".....

I will say, in my searches, that I found out its already a done deal for Saban to go to Indy as HC...AND he's also gonna be the Giants new D coordinator.....as well as going to NE to re-unite with Billychuck......all while secretly signing to take over the Lions.....

So he is about to be one busy busy man.....;)

Archived