THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday 12/2

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey. Give your opinions...though I know for a couple of these they have been covered ad nauseum:

1. Who would you want to see be the HC of the Cleveland Browns in 2016?

2. Who would you want to be the QB of the Cleveland Browns in 2016?

3. Do you think Terrelle Pryor will ball out the rest of the year?

4. What would you ask for from Dallas in a trade for JP Manziel (Jerrah has been making noise about regretting not drafting him)

5. Do you think Jeff Fisher's days as an NFL HC are about done?

6. Do you agree with this article from Yahoo Sports that the Cleveland Browns have the best fans in the NFL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-fans-best-nfl-185255297.html

Here is this week's survey. Give your opinions...though I know for a couple of these they have been covered ad nauseum:

Mike Pettine?

Manziel

Unlikely

4. What would you ask for from Dallas in a trade for JP Manziel (Jerrah has been making noise about regretting not drafting him)

Besides a no-backsies clause? Probably a second or third round pick.

Nah, he'll get another year to work around Foles.

6. Do you agree with this article from Yahoo Sports that the Cleveland Browns have the best fans in the NFL:

Mike Pettine

McCown/Davis

No..

A 3rd rounder would be nice, but dont realistically think we could even get that.....

No...unless he retires

Well, of course we are......who else would fill the stadium every week just to see crap?

Mike Pettine

Aaron Rodgers

He'll do OK

I think it is down to a 4th rounder for Manziel and a 7th

I think his time with the Rams is about done. maybe go back to a coordinator for year or two and gets another shot by desperate team.

http://sports.yahoo....-185255297.html

Without reading it ... Yes.

Pet, but if we are going to make a change and hire a retread, Mangini. I have always believed he was building a team here and deserved a year 3.
Of the first-time candidates? Collegiate-level: maybe Tressel... Pro-level: maybe McDermott...

Not ready to pick a draftee.
Of our four... JM because of the impact of a draft pick making it.
Of any playing or has ever played? Rogers or Montana...

Ball out? No... See some PT? Yes... both at WR and WildDawg QB.

Byron Jones would work... and I'd throw in Gilbert to sweeten the deal... :)

Seems like it... and he'd make a helluva DC for us.

No... there's more to being a fan than suffering.

Mike Pettine

Aaron Rodgers/Andrew Luck/Matt Ryan? Realistically it'll probably be McCown,Manziel,Davis and I don't care who - just want one that wins.

No

Third or Fourth rounder

After a couple decades, I'd say probably

Of course, they are just understandably frustrated

I just wanna win, I don't know the right answers to the coach/QB question - just start winning.

If JM remains then Gruden . I think Farmer is and has been the real problem here-he should go before Pettine. But regardless of what Pettine says, JM is history for him.

JM but only if Gruden is here. He'll be gone if Petttine remains.

TP is in reality the emergency backup plan if Davis goes down. I'm not fooled by the WR ruse.

1st rounder for JM and Gibson. Throw in Bowe as a freeby. (Heh I didn't say they'd bite, but that would be the opening offer)

Maybe

My experience here is yes they most certainly are. Not one bandwagon fan or sunshine patriot among 'em. And none of you deserved this crappy year.

Wade Phillips, Josh Mcdaniels or Jon Gruden

McCown, Connor Cook or Peyton Manning (Speculation he won't return to Denver but wants to play)

May show flahes of greatness, but will be clueless out there sometimes

Cleveland Trades: Johnny Manziel, Justin Gilbert, 5th Round Pick

Dallas Trades: 2nd Round Pick,

No, he will get another shot next year

http://sports.yahoo....-185255297.html

Absolutely. I go to a high school in southwestern Ohio and have to deal with Bungles fan pricks throughout the week. I hear them crying about their two losses and would love to see them go through what we go through every freaking year

Any team who has had the run of form the Browns have had and who NFL.com say are the most challenging team to support, yet fill out the stadium every week, and have a huge world wide following, MUST have the best fans. Until any other team matches the Browns over the last 20 years and still keeps this level of support there is no debate in my mind. Yes there are other teams who have great support, but none of them have had to suffer the way you guys have had to. Total respect from me.

Ugh...as the HEAD coach? I'd like to see Mike Pettine. I'd like to see us somehow pull a Mangini and finish out the season strong. I'd love continuity. Do I think it will happen? No, no I don't.

Man...I'd die to see Manziel be our guy for the next ten years. There's something...about him. There was a certain energy about Monday's game, and that energy was noticeably absent upon his benching. Do I think Manziel will somehow pull it together for us? Nope. But I'd love to see him get some talented receivers and a FREAKING RUNNING GAME.

Nope. Can't think of too many times a player has switched positions and performed well. Hope I'm wrong.

In a recent interview, Jerry Jones said they had Manziel in their top 5 or 6 players in the entire draft. I'd love a second rounder, but it'll never happen. Teams seldom part ways with draft picks. Especially for a player who is deemed a trouble maker.

"Mr. 8-8"? I'm not sure. Tough to judge a guy without a QB. Rams need several weapons on offense, and then look out.

Without a doubt. We will be a great team one day, and the country will be so tired of us because we'll be everywhere.

In theory it would be nice to keep Pettine as our coach...but he has done such a poor job this year....and I don't know if he has "it".

In that regard then, sure I would take a Gruden, or a Saban. Why not? Both proven at certain levels.

I think the Johnny Circus will have left town by next year.

It would be nice if Austin Davis could turn into the next guy that was in the league for a few years then blossomed. That is my preference.

Beyond that....I do NOT see the Browns taking a 1st round QB. They will get a developmental guy in the third round.

And maybe that guy will become the next Russell Wilson.

Yes, I kind of think it will be worth the experiment.....if he is used in a all purpose fashion.

4. What would you ask for from Dallas in a trade for JP Manziel (Jerrah has been making noise about regretting not drafting him)\

I would ask for a first round pick.......but I would take whatever I could get. The least that I would accept would be like a 4th rounder.

Yes. I think he has been bad for a decade and run his course. I think the Rams should let him go...and as someone said, he could be a DC somewhere.....maybe even here.

Absolutely.

Note this: the only other team that has had as many consecutive losing seasons as the Browns is the Rams......and you know what the Rams will be doing in the near future: Moving to LA.

One thing though about Ross Tucker: He says the Browns do not have much talent on this team. I disagree completely. In my view their talent level is probably top half of the league. Their coaching competence level is ranked #32.....and it is probably not even a close 32.

McDaniels is interesting.

He was born about 1.3 miles from where I sit.

McCown, Connor Cook or Peyton Manning (Speculation he won't return to Denver but wants to play)

Peyton may want to play....but he can't play.

That would be as bad as seeing Jordan with the Wizards.

I kinda like it.

- Pettine with new D Coordinator or McDaniels

- Paxton Lynch

- Relative to Dwayne Bowe he will be the next Webster Slaughter

- nothing lower then a 3rd rounder

- I think he has enough stock for one more losing season until they fire him or until they move to LA, whichever comes first.

- Easily, and it's not even close

If Pet doesn't get rehired, Gruden.

Johnny.

He will sit on the bench teaching Dwayne Bowe the finer points of gin rummy.

They wouldn't do it unless they were desperate. For them that would be a great move. Texas Homer's won't care about a night on the town. No less than a first rounder and a player

Is he still coaching?

6. Do you agree with this article from Yahoo Sports that the Cleveland Browns have

I didn't read it but if it says Cleveland fans are the best in the world I agree. We have tons of assholes but I figure every city has assholes.

[/url]

WSS

McDaniels is interesting.

He was born about 1.3 miles from where I sit.

Peyton may want to play....but he can't play.

That would be as bad as seeing Jordan with the Wizards.

I kinda like it.

Dear god, nevermind what I said about peyton,Jordan with the wizards, oh god

Archived