THE BROWNS BOARD

This is what we should be getting from pettine and oneil

calfoxwc

Heard Chris Tabor, special teams coach, talk about that field goal block and return.

He just smiled and said "no panic"... that you don't go from being #1 and panic. Then,

he said "Chris Tabor just has to coach better"....

THAT is what we should be hearing from Pettine and oneil, but we do NOT.

they talk about how the players have to execute better. Oneil talks about

"miscommunications"....

if you have miscommunications at this point of the season, dammit, IT IS THE
COACHES FAULT.

And, we've yet to hear Farmer say "I have to be a better GM".

I still think oneil must go, and if Pettine refuses to bring in a new DC with a revamped,

intelligent defense....

he should go, to.

I'd keep Flip and his entire staff, and sure the hell would keep the special teams staff.

Haslam must make changes, because Pettine, oneil and farmer seem to refuse

to change the way they operate.

Getting coaches to be honest is about as likely as getting you to vote Democrat. Some are more open, like Tabor, then others are like the Hoodie. No coach is going to last very long telling the truth. How would it be received if O'neil said, "Karlos Dansby has the run stopping ability of a wet paper towel?". The media asked the question we all know the answer to but a coach isn't going to call guys out. It floors me that people think coaches just mysteriously make teams great. What do Shula, Walsh, Belichick, etc. all have in common, talented football players.

Well, Tour, that would make me second guess what I was athinkin.

I've heard him say the players had to execute better,,,, that's all I caught.

That's good, now all they have to do is get rid of Oneil and Farmer, and

go to wins next year.

This defense does not work. Miscommunications baloney.

Pet has talked more about execution to be sure. And the times I have heard him include coaching have both been fewer and not stand alone, but rather part of an multifaceted critique after a blow out loss. But at least twice he has listed coaching.

You'd have loved Harry Truman... ;)

Pet has talked more about execution to be sure. And the times I have heard him include coaching have both been fewer and not stand alone, but rather part of an multifaceted critique after a blow out loss. But at least twice he has listed coaching.

You'd have loved Harry Truman... ;)

As Mora said regarding their execution. "I'd be in favor of it."

Ive heard Pettine say we gotta coach better....over and over again.....not sure what Pressys you're listening too.....

And nothing wrong with a coach wanting execution from his players.....and, though you may find it admirable....a Coach accepting ALL the blame only relieves the players from responsibility for their poor play.....

Damn those coaches who demand accountability....because(here), THEY are the ONLY ones I see taking ANY blame.....while the players are pretty mum, eh?

McKay's greatest quip...

After a blow out loss it was in answer to the question, "What do you think of your Offense's execution?"

When it comes down to it, Pettine is correct when he says his players should execute. Is it bad coaching that Crow continues to miss a hole on the goal line? When Benji drops a touchdown pass in the bread basket? When Erving gets his ass blown apart? When we miss countless tackles? I'm not saying that Pettine is without blame, but there have been multiple times when our guys simply screwed the pooch. Pettine can't help Shelton and Erving block that undrafted free agent that stuffed our game-winning FG. At the end of the day, the players are the ones in the game. They KNOW how to tackle, they just have to do it.

What I really want to examine is our red zone offense. Why can't we punch it in on the ground like we did last year? Is it bad play calling, or is it poor execution? Both? Somebody who knows about football will have to answer that, but all I know is when we get inside the 20 yard line, all hell tends to break loose. Like against the Ravens, we got that one touchdown to Marlan Moore (yes, him), and the only reason we got the score is because the play got blown up and they forgot about Moore because he busted his ass and fell on the ground.

McKay's greatest quip...

After a blow out loss it was in answer to the question, "What do you think of your Offense's execution?"

Duh- must be getting senile. Confused that one with a classic Mora rant.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/greatest-coaching-tirades-meltdowns-rants-nfl

I believe in most of the talent on this defense.

Their defensive scheme is so complicated they still have miscommunications?

nah, it's on the coaches and their defense that just hasn't been a good or great defense before.

When you keep putting Kruger on pass coverage, it shows you are tring to fit square pegs into

round holes of the same size.

That's either the defensive DC and def HC being way too arrogant, or ignorant. Or both.

they won't modify the defense to fit the talents they have, and probably don't have the experience

or smarts to know how to. FIX IT>

Not surprised to see some people still supporting Pettine. Lost 14/16 and counting. Lol, sad.

And your point is....?

Wait...let me guess......all Browns fans are dumber than you?......or....maybe.....you told us so?.....or what?

So....not surprised to see some people showing up for nothing other than to swipe at Browns fans.....you so smart....

Why not come back in a month to laugh at our final record while you're at it....then you can feel smug as a bug in a rug...

Idiot....

Archived