THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Well, back in Naples, sorry I am late again with the picks, the ol' crystal-ball-and-chain insisted on going boating yesterday.

bar-refaeli-on-boat.jpg?w=422

So let's see who has the sea legs in the AFCN this week:

Cincinnati at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Brown finally just completely abandon a set running game and Austin Davis throws for 458 yards and 5TDs. BROWNS 55 BUNGLES 46

Baltimore at Miami 1:00 PM

Fuck Baltimore. DOLPHINS 30 RAVENS 12

Indianapolis at Pittsburgh 8:30 PM Sunday Night Football

Matt Hasslebeck continues his Earl Morral impression over a floundering Steeler team. COLTS 27 STEELERS 14

Week 12 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 25-15 ..... 2-2 .... 27-17

Vs. the spread ..... 23-16-1 .. 1-3 .... 24-19-1

Week 13 Games:

Baltimore @ Miami (-4.0)

BLT is bad because it is hurt. Miami is bad because it is Miami. So which bad is better? I go with the home team playing starters who have something to play for. It's not a great basis for a choice, but it's a basis.

Prediction: MIA 24 BLT 17

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh (-10.0)

I admire Hasselbeck. What this 40-year old QB has done for a mediocre Colt squad is phenomenal. But today they face an offensive juggernaut that is primed to hit its stride going into the season's stretch run.

Prediction: PTG 48 IND 23

Cincinnati @ Cleveland (+7.0)

Man, I cannot afford to take another hit on a division daily double. Lately my AFCN boat has sprung enough leaks as it is. So there's only one thing to do... take the Browns outright.

Every year we rise up for at least one (and usually only one) surprise against a division rival. Our initial win at BLT almost qualified, but will be eclipsed by this one. It helps that Cinci is again relaxed by last week's victory after their two-week skid.

AD showcases his reading... Bibbs has his coming out party... D produces 4 turnovers on 2 picks and 2 fumble recoveries.

Prediction: CLE 31 CIN 27

FINAL: MIA 15 BLT 13 - W/L

FINAL: PTG 45 IND 10 - W/W

FINAL: CIN 37 CLE 3 - LL/LL

Week 13 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 27-17 ..... 2-2 .... 29-19

Vs. the spread ..... 24-19-1 .. 1-3 .... 25-22-1

Baltimore @ Miami (-4.0)
Prediction: MIA 24 BLT 17
FINAL: MIA 15 BLT 13 - W/L

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh (-10.0)
Prediction: PTG 48 IND 23
FINAL: PTG 45 IND 10 - W/W

Cincinnati @ Cleveland (+7.0)
Prediction: CLE 31 CIN 27
FINAL: CIN 37 CLE 3 - LL/LL

Week 13 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD
Straight-up ........... 27-17 ..... 2-2 .... 29-19
Vs. the spread ..... 24-19-1 .. 1-3 .... 25-22-1

Great calls as usual!

And this time you can't even hide behind the old "well I got it right if you count the spread" ploy.

It is not a ploy, I have been predicting the the scores since 1998, you poor mentally Retarded bastard.

But if you hate the spread so much, the Baltimore/Miami game is correct both ways, no hiding from that, Bitchtits.

Zombo

No Retardation here. You clearly follow the same pattern:

1. You pick not only the Steelers to lose -- outright -- but you also post the actual score.

2. When the Steelers win (which is most of the time) you then fall back on the same excuse should the opponent cover the Vegas line: "yeah but if you count the spread I was right."

If you want to use the "spread" ploy, you might not want to post actual score predictions. Genius.

How is this so hard to comprehend?

I have been picking against the spread for 364 straight weeks. Are you new here? Or does the math just confuse you?

Zombo

--subtract the smaller number from the bigger number

No Retardation here. You clearly follow the same pattern:

1. You pick not only the Steelers to lose -- outright -- but you also post the actual score.

2. When the Steelers win (which is most of the time) you then fall back on the same excuse should the opponent cover the Vegas line: "yeah but if you count the spread I was right."

If you want to use the "spread" ploy, you might not want to post actual score predictions. Genius.

How is this so hard to comprehend?

Picking a score always includes picking against the spread.

Here is a task for you, since you want to pound on Z about this: Research how many times he has lost his predictions against the spread and how many times he has won.....when it comes to Steeler scores only.

You want to demonstrate how messed up he is doing on his predictions....prove it. Just go back the last 10 years.

You post actual scores dude. Colts to score 27, Steelers to score 14. I don't think I'm the one confused here.

You pick here outright. On those REAL rare occasions you hit, you beat your chest. When you DON'T you hide behind the spread thing. Nice system you got there.

Please tell me you aren't this dumb.

Zombo

These posts are obviously not serious picks.

If they are, the author doesn't understand football.

These are absolutely serious picks.

They are the same picks I use in Pro Pickem.

I have won Pro Pickem three times (Over 30 people playing), and I am in the top half again this year.

The author understands football. What he doesn't understand is what kind of cause you are a "Soldier" for? Stupidity?

Zombo

These are absolutely serious picks.

They are the same picks I use in Pro Pickem.

I have won Pro Pickem three times (Over 30 people playing), and I am in the top half again this year.

The author understands football. What he doesn't understand is what kind of cause you are a "Soldier" for? Stupidity?

Zombo

So, based on your knowledge of football, you absolutely thought... Austin Davis throws for 458 yards and 5TDs. BROWNS 55 BUNGLES 46???

You looked at the Bengals, what they have achieved this year, their players, and thought that the Browns were going to beat them?

You, with your keen understanding of football, believed that Austin Davis would throw for 458 yards and 5 TD's against the Bengals?

YOU, do not understand football. Talk about stupidity!

So, based on your knowledge of football, you absolutely thought... Austin Davis throws for 458 yards and 5TDs. BROWNS 55 BUNGLES 46???

You looked at the Bengals, what they have achieved this year, their players, and thought that the Browns were going to beat them?

You, with your keen understanding of football, believed that Austin Davis would throw for 458 yards and 5 TD's against the Bengals?

Yes, I thought the Browns would beat the spread.

The stupidity part I will leave up to you to figure out.

Zombo

Really! I assume this is another Steeler Retard that gets a puckered sphincter every time Z predicts the Browns to win?

So all brown uniforms since were are at home?

Oh God, no...

Are we ever going to do throwbacks now that folks could actually tell that's what we'd be doing?

Archived