THE BROWNS BOARD

No taking a QB in the draft when we have so many issues at the line...

Clevfan4life

This offensive line sucks a fat cock. It does. Minimal talent on either side of the ball. This team needs a rebuild and you're not going to develop a young QB here until those issues are resolved. The Bengals are a very good defensive front, i get that....but they're shitting on our O line. Even other not so good teams have had their O lines look better against the Bengals than this. This is shit.

Not interested in using a high pick on a development QB that will run for his life if he has to step on a field with this O line. And he will because i don't see any QB starting for the Browns making it through the season. I mean teams aren't just sacking our QB, they're killing him. Again today we cut, who was it..Michael johnson?...we cut that ngr loose on Davis. We cut loose opposing teams primary rushers....as if they're going to pull up in the backfield for a stop and chat. Some of the best edge rushers in the league have been utterly cut loose into the backfield by our O line. I'm just done with this.

Cam Erving clearly looked like he doesn't belong on an NFL field

Yeah like wtf? Dude was getting hoisted. Tough D line though, maybe the best in the league. He's got one offseason to clean that up or he's cut. Paizer or whateve that they brought in at the end, didn't fare too much better but at least he kept Atkins infront of him and didn't let him toss him off to the side like Erving was getting.

How many early round picks are we going to spend on offensive linemen before we start trying to draft play-makers? The O-line is underperforming and Cam Erving is sucking big time, but we need playmakers. Guys who can get open quickly so the QB can get rid of the ball quickly.

Coaching is horrible. D is just a steaming dog shit pile on a hot summer day

Just as a matter of physics it would probably steam more on a cool fall day come like today. Carry on.

And again the quarterback position did nothing to lose this game. But we taught Johnny a lesson by God! Thanks Mike!

WSS

Yeah like wtf? Dude was getting hoisted. Tough D line though, maybe the best in the league. He's got one offseason to clean that up or he's cut. Paizer or whateve that they brought in at the end, didn't fare too much better but at least he kept Atkins infront of him and didn't let him toss him off to the side like Erving was getting.

All pro DL (top 3 in league IMO) vs. rookie. It's not gonna be good

I would say that this was the dumbest fucking thread I ever saw, but it simply joins the list of many of the same ilk that have come before.

The reason the OL sucks is because there is no motivation for them to block. They don't give a fuck to block for skilled players who can't do anything even if they touch the ball. Do you not realize the there are a lot of secret service guards, who if pushed...will ALSO "NOT BLOCK?"

Belichik won the SB with 3 scrubs on his OL, one of them a walk on.

he Browns have wasted more money on the OL than Bobbi Christina did on coke. QB. That's where it all starts............ NOT the OL.

So O lineman are a dime a dozen?

The only QB draft question is whether there will be one promising enough to warrant our top pick. If there is, then you take him.

It's too hard to add a QB as the last piece.

The reason the OL sucks is because there is no motivation for them to block. They don't give a fuck to block for skilled players who can't do anything even if they touch the ball. Do you not realize the there are a lot of secret service guards, who if pushed...will ALSO "NOT BLOCK?"

I would say that this was the dumbest fucking thread post I ever saw, but it simply joins the list of many of the same ilk that have come before.

The only QB draft question is whether there will be one promising enough to warrant our top pick. If there is, then you take him.

It's too hard to add a QB as the last piece.

Have you seen one Tour? I'll watch the bowls to see if one of those looks like a no brainer, but so far I have not identified one this year. At the moment I am of the opinion we can trade down (maybe more than once), get our pick and add to the overall quantity/quality that we so desperately need.

I would say that this was the dumbest fucking thread I ever saw, but it simply joins the list of many of the same ilk that have come before.

Belichik won the SB with 3 scrubs on his OL, one of them a walk on.

he Browns have wasted more money on the OL than Bobbi Christina did on coke. QB. That's where it all starts............ NOT the OL.

Wait wut? There's no motivation for them to perhaps try to impede the progress of other large men hastily making their way into the backfield to kill the QB? And wut now about the secret service? And the Patriots O line who historically has kept Brady upright though maybe struggling this season...do you think they'd have all their SB's if their O lines had always struggled like they did today? I'm sorry I have to come back to the motivation thing, so money and being respectable at your job...that's not motivation? What on earth dude?

I would say that was the dumbest fucking post I have ever seen. I think there are genuinely a lot of things about the NFL, and gainful employment in general, that perhaps you don't understand.

Have you seen one Tour? I'll watch the bowls to see if one of those looks like a no brainer, but so far I have not identified one this year. At the moment I am of the opinion we can trade down (maybe more than once), get our pick and add to the overall quantity/quality that we so desperately need.

Above is different than what I took your OP and title to be saying... and I agree with it.

No, I see no QBs I'd take Day 1... not yet anyway... and I doubt they'll emerge in the Bowls.

Day 2? Working on a couple...

Day 3? Have one penciled in... looking for others to consider.

Are there holes in the guy from Memphis? He looks legit

One I have not seen but intend to when they play Auburn in the Birmingham Bowl Dec. 30. I am a bit concerned that he has faced few top opponents, but other good NFL QB's had similar backgrounds so I'll keep an open mind.

Grossi reporting he's hearing Pettine starting Manziel the last 4.

That'd surprise me a little. Pretty quick turnaround for the film review to be done and my game impression was that AD made the reads and did enough to start against SF.

One thing... if the report is true, I would look for someone's head.

Lynch flashes and has size.... to say the least.

He is hardly a polished prospect, but has progressed statistically in each of his 3 years as a starter at Memphis.

Biggest 2015 negative has been 10 fumbles.

Best 2015 win was against Ole Miss.

Archived