THE BROWNS BOARD

No taking a QB in the draft when we have so many issues at the line...

Clevfan4life

Lynch flashes and has size.... to say the least.

He is hardly a polished prospect, but has progressed statistically in each of his 3 years as a starter at Memphis.

Biggest 2015 negative has been 10 fumbles.

Best 2015 win was against Ole Miss.

I know you saw that throwing motion.

Also, watched Henry today. No thanks. Big man that runs upright and finishes his runs the same way. Not much lateral agility to speak. I can't remember seeing a jump cut, cut back or spin against the flow of the defense. Non factor in the passing game and that isn't changing soon.

I don't see a first or second rounder in this guy.

I know you saw that throwing motion.

What? You don't like a 3/4 side-arm, push delivery?

Actually did not bother me too much. If a 6'7 guy can't get away with a little side arm action, who can? Kinda reminded me of Phillip Rivers motion... very compact... but Rivers he ain't.

Feet are all over the place. He can move and has some speed, which surprised me, but is not elusive. And he sure doesn't look to weigh 245 to my eye.

Big trouble is, as usual, getting a sense of what's between his ears. Seeing a lot of throws to first looks regardless of how well covered... makes me leery. His INT vs OLe Miss was a forced throw. It's at the 3:05 mark.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/paxton-lynch-vs-ole-miss-2015-2/

The OL will be fine. Those are all good players, every one, but for some reason I'm not knowledgeable enough to articulate, it's not happening. It could be on not having an OL coach, or it could be Flip's schemes not doing their job, I'm not sure.

"Horrible coaching", "the players quit", "poor defensive scheme"...all baloney.

All cop out excuses from those that just cant bring themselves to admit the browns seriously lack talent.

And that's on Farmer...recall this GM who marginalized the importance of a stud wideout, "receivers are only involved in a few plays per game" (paraphrasing). That's just ignorant. Get him the fuck out and retain everyone else.

Last year the consensus was that all the browns needed was a QB to put them over the top. This year all 3 QB's proved competent and played well enough to win. The QB is not the problem. Its overall talent in all phases.

Cant imagine Carolina a 2-10 team this year if Pettine was their coach. Keep Pettine around and let him do the job he set out to do. That approach worked with Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati.

And those awful uniforms. These players are not worthy to wear the name "Cleveland" or "Browns" on them.

"Horrible coaching", "the players quit", "poor defensive scheme"...all baloney.All cop out excuses from those that just cant bring themselves to admit the browns seriously lack talent.And that's on Farmer...recall this GM who marginalized the importance of a stud wideout, "receivers are only involved in a few plays per game" (paraphrasing). That's just ignorant. Get him the fuck out and retain everyone else.Last year the consensus was that all the browns needed was a QB to put them over the top. This year all 3 QB's proved competent and played well enough to win. The QB is not the problem. Its overall talent in all phases.Cant imagine Carolina a 2-10 team this year if Pettine was their coach. Keep Pettine around and let him do the job he set out to do. That approach worked with Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati.And those awful uniforms. These players are not worthy to wear the name "Cleveland" or "Browns" on them.

I think hell just froze over...I agree with you for once.

One problem with the players that aren't playing I think is the attitude. Pettine stubbornly refuses to hand a starting role to players who don't put the effort in to training, like Bowe, Gilbert, West/Crowell last year, etc. regardless of the talent level. This is fine if everybody's on board but if you get some people who are full of themselves (Bowe), they don't like the approach and you're basically wasting a roster spot.

It's a failing of Pettine to bring them in to the fold, and it's a failure of Farmer to force these players on to him.

Fuck it take Cardale in the third and sign RG3 in FA.

If we're gonna lose, let's at least lose fun.

This. I'm still for drafting cardale and we can get him for a bargain. But I'm good on griffin. I'd just as soon keep manziel. If we take a goddamn o lineman 1st overall I'm going to puke.

Eagles showed yesterday what happens when a team with a HoF QB and no OL goes against an average pass rush: He will get clobbered and eventually pick-6'd. OL is important just as the QB is important. The Pats won't win the AFC this year with that OL.

But I agree we don't need more OL.. if anything that first pick does need to be QB because manziel is just not that good.

After that? Our FB and DL/LB have to be the worst in the league. The DB is of course good but not in that scheme.

I have NO interest in taking a QB at the #1 pick this draft. We have so many other holes, that a QB wouldn't fix anything. Oh, and we're probably losing Alex Mack, Gipson (I think), and others I can't remember at this time. We can't fix the talent problem in one offseason, we know that. The thing is, we were 7-4 at one point last year and many of us thought, "Ok...we're close. We're finally close!" Oh but we're not. I never would've believed we would have the first pick in the draft after 12 games.

It wouldn't surprise me if we traded Johnny to Dallas, but anyone who thinks we're getting a high pick is nutso. Johnny will start the rest of the season, but just who the hell is he throwing it to? His trade value will probably GO DOWN because he's going to get murdered. He won't have time to throw, he won't have a running game, and he won't have any elite targets. This is how you ruin a young QB in the NFL.

Who would I pick at the #1 spot? Ugh...I have no idea. Is there someone that really stands out as the top candidate? Joey Bosa fills a huge need, and he's talented...but is he #1 potential? I know I'm showing my FSU bias, but I LOVE Jalen Ramsey. He's a physical corner that can play press-man style and his physical gifts are off the chart. He's about 6'3, runs a stupid 40 time (I forget the exact time and don't want to make something up), and his vertical leap is in the 40's. But again, is a cornerback or safety worth a top pick?

What a mess. As our luck would have it, there isn't that "one guy" that we know we're going to pick, or that other teams would sell their soul to have.

I have NO interest in taking a QB at the #1 pick this draft. We have so many other holes, that a QB wouldn't fix anything. Oh, and we're probably losing Alex Mack, Gipson (I think), and others I can't remember at this time. We can't fix the talent problem in one offseason, we know that. The thing is, we were 7-4 at one point last year and many of us thought, "Ok...we're close. We're finally close!" Oh but we're not. I never would've believed we would have the first pick in the draft after 12 games.

It wouldn't surprise me if we traded Johnny to Dallas, but anyone who thinks we're getting a high pick is nutso. Johnny will start the rest of the season, but just who the hell is he throwing it to? His trade value will probably GO DOWN because he's going to get murdered. He won't have time to throw, he won't have a running game, and he won't have any elite targets. This is how you ruin a young QB in the NFL.

Who would I pick at the #1 spot? Ugh...I have no idea. Is there someone that really stands out as the top candidate? Joey Bosa fills a huge need, and he's talented...but is he #1 potential? I know I'm showing my FSU bias, but I LOVE Jalen Ramsey. He's a physical corner that can play press-man style and his physical gifts are off the chart. He's about 6'3, runs a stupid 40 time (I forget the exact time and don't want to make something up), and his vertical leap is in the 40's. But again, is a cornerback or safety worth a top pick?

What a mess. As our luck would have it, there isn't that "one guy" that we know we're going to pick, or that other teams would sell their soul to have.

With so many holes to fill, taking BPA should be a no-brainer.

Last year the consensus was that all the browns needed was a QB to put them over the top. This year all 3 QB's proved competent and played well enough to win. The QB is not the problem. Its overall talent in all phases.

I'll be damned if that's not a cold slap in the face...

If we take a goddamn o lineman 1st overall I'm going to puke.

There is little chance that your cookies will be tossed. If we resign Mitch, then the chance falls to zero.

As our Luck would have it, there isn't that "one guy" that we know we're going to pick, or that other teams would sell their soul to have.

Fixed...

Archived