THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine satisfied with our effort

stillmotion

Reread my post and try again. I said nothing about being satisfied personally. What we witnessed was an absolute shit show. I'm giving you a valid reason why Pettine may have said what he did.. I never said his logic was correct.

I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the post game presser

On if he was satisfied with the Browns’ effort:

“Was I satisfied? Absolutely. Pull up the film and find me a guy that didn’t play hard and then go in the locker room and ask him if he played hard. That’s one thing: I thought our guys were flying around, but I give them some credit, too. It’s a good football team.”

LOL, they were flying in the wrong direction, or getting beat on pass routes. FWIW, your coaching effort sucks. Mike, you need to get sent to coaching rehab for that crappy effort we witnessed today. Your time management at the end of the first half was High School- again.

I'm satisfied the you're not NFL HC material. so go back to PA and coach HS.

He should be fired tomorrow if Jimmy has any brains. Interim coach for he rest of the year, what the fuck difference does it make now.

Exactly- if you saw that shot of the Browns bench at the end of the game- your coach is supposed to be your "leader" obvious the team only thinks their leader is leading them down a dark trip into a sewer.

I said nothing about you being satisfied personally either, the first line was sarcasm, and I was just pointing out how I thought what he said was completely illogical and how he's obviously already lost the locker room. We're on the same team though and no reason to argue. Didn't mean to make it look like i was taking a shot at you but i'm just really frustrated with coach uncle fester.

Fair enough. At this point, I'm not sure who would want to be in charge of this nightmare of an organization.

If it's sarcasm, then use pink or italics... no one can read your mind.

All you have to do to trump Pet's statement is name a player that laid down today... so name one. Would also give you a leg up on your unsupported "lost the locker room" claim.

From the post game presser

On if he was satisfied with the Browns’ effort:

“Was I satisfied? Absolutely. Pull up the film and find me a guy that didn’t play hard and then go in the locker room and ask him if he played hard. That’s one thing: I thought our guys were flying around, but I give them some credit, too. It’s a good football team.”

C'MON MAN.........

So if the effort was good, then the coaching was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They tried really hard, but the scheme failed us, right?

If it's sarcasm, then use pink or italics... no one can read your mind.

All you have to do to trump Pet's statement is name a player that laid down today... so name one. Would also give you a leg up on your unsupported "lost the locker room" claim.

But could anybody be satisfied with it? That's why it's sarcasm. Dwayne Bowe laid down, resting from the sidelines, thinking about his cash money, and laughing at the UDFA pettine played.

So if the effort was good, then the coaching was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that is the ultimate follow up question: Well, Mike, if the effort is good ... is the scheme bad or are the players not good enough?

He has the body type and experience of a tackle. He's not an interior lineman.

But yes, hopefully the next staff does make him a player. That's the problem with this staff - they were given talent and they can't use them. Farmer did his job, the rest of the staff didn't.

Really? IIRC, Erving was playing center in college.

Bowe? He was inactive. Name someone that fucking played...

OK Tour- if that was maximum effort, you can only draw three conclusions:

1) The talent is horrible.

2) the coaching is horrible.

3) Both of the above.

3) Both of the above.

That's what I was thinking. If great effort leads to a 34pt ass kicking, then all that remains is the people in the organization suck.

I agree, h, those are the three...

And Erving has an OT's build. He's a fish out of water at OG, but supposedly excelled at Center his last year at FSU. Gruden said he had "All-Pro promise as a Center." Unfortunately I never found any tape on him at C. However, he was my 10th ranked LT.

• Cameron Erving: FSU (02-11-15) vs. OK St/ND - no kick; lotta waist bend; feet look heavy; fires out on run blocks; focus? Head? ND's DE Sheldon Day gave fits with low edge rush. I can see as an interior prospect, but would like to see tape on him there.

You can't help him very easily at OG, but you can at C. If Bito's a no-go, I'd try Mack at LG and Cam at C. Can't be any worse.

I agree, h, those are the three...

And Erving has an OT's build. He's a fish out of water at OG, but supposedly excelled at Center his last year at FSU. Gruden said he had "All-Pro promise as a Center." Unfortunately I never found any tape on him at C. However, he was my 10th ranked LT.

You can't help him very easily at OG, but you can at C. If Bito's a no-go, I'd try Mack at LG and Cam at C. Can't be any worse.

Yup, Davis was killed a few times. Loved the missed blitz pickups. NOT. At least we got to see what a real defense is supposed to look like. Was shocked we actually had a few decent runs, with real holes getting opened.

Combination of the wrong draft picks, lack of offensive weapons, defensive scheme that the players are no where near comprehending and Coaching.

Erving is a center playing right guard or wherever. Our cornerbacks suck! which tells you Farmer should shoulder the blame. He let young players who were growing walk!

The players have quit on Pettine. He's supposed to be a leader but can't manage the clock in key situations. Situational football is a foreign word to him.

They have no downhill running attack and instead of fixing it, they waive players. Shaun Draugn is playing great ball in San Francisco.

The glaring needs will have to be addressed before the draft. Big tall wide receivers needed. Not one but two.

Since Farmer has blown the first two drafts, we now need to do a rebuild. Reboot again. But it cannot be with Pettine and Farmer. These two made this team a laughing stock. The play is sloppy, penalties, And special teams need to be addressed.

Pettine is obviously protecting the players. The effort sucked except for 2 or 3 players. You cannot seriously expect me to believe the talent level is this low. I know we have injuries, but a lot of teams have them...it's part of the game. We will not see the true talent until a HC comes in here and kicks ass.

3) Both of the above.

I don't think we're the worst team in the NFL talent wise, as our record indicates.

Far from the best, but we definitely have coaching problems.

Shaun Draugn is playing great ball in San Francisco.

I wouldn't say great ball - he has a 3.2 ypc and hasn't rushed for more than 60 yards yet this season.

But, this statement highlights two large problems with this organization and fanbase.

Look at some of the "practice squad" players we have that go to other teams - Snead, Lewis, Draughn, Johnson, etc. These guys go to another team and prove that they can play. I think it's easy to say "These are bad FA moves, we're letting guys walk who have talent and keeping scrubs." but I think it's more indicative of the philosophy here than anything else.

To be honest, 75% of the the NFL is talented enough to play. There's a reason they were drafted and there's a reason they continue to get picked up by other teams. But when you see guys go from doing nothing on one team to becoming stars on another, it shows that they were being completely misused - and that's what our problem is. Dion Lewis wasn't an every down back, he works best in space as a runner-receiver. Willie Snead isn't a number one WR, but he runs strong routes and has reliable hands - which Drew Brees is counting on.

We just take guys and try to make them into something they aren't, in a system that is requires perfection at all times from every position, with a coaching staff who doesn't seem to realize the strengths and weaknesses of individual players.

Secondly, we overhype the production of players elsewhere.

First, I want to modify my above reply to h... intelligence creates at least one more possibility:

4. The players aren't smart enough.

Same could apply to the coaches...

We just take guys and try to make them into something they aren't, in a system that is requires perfection at all times from every position, with a coaching staff who doesn't seem to realize the strengths and weaknesses of individual players.

There is another factor, but it runs contrary to your talent assessment. A roster devoid of top talent at a position is a vacuum pulling lesser players into roles they are generally not suited for.

Example: You lose a Haden. It pulls a Williams into the #1 CB role.

But happy accidents also do occur...

You lose a Cameron and uncover a Barnidge... a player no one saw emerging from his 2014, 3rd TE role.

A roster devoid of top talent at a position is a vacuum pulling lesser players into roles they are generally not suited for.

Exactly....Williams was a slot CB that we signed to play as #2 and be a mentor to Gilbert(who was hopefully gonna take over the job)..

What transpired was Gilbert failed and Haden went down.....and up until Haden went down, Williams was our top rated DB and defensive player.....NOW he has been asked to step into a role he's NEVER played and one that requires a lot of speed and talent......and he's done an admirable job....is the ONLY DB to play every snap of every game.....

yet....all day yesterday, all I heard was "fans" bitching about him...how he sucks....how he's over paid....yada yada yada..

Clueless fucks that just want to bitch, but dont know where t place it....

Clueless fucks that just want to bitch, but dont know where t place it....

Speaking of which...

What did you think of Pet's postgame presser closing with the bit about Tramon should've had help over the top.

Speaking of which...

What did you think of Pet's postgame presser closing with the bit about Tramon should've had help over the top.

I havent watched the pressy yet...but watch the play....

Folks are saying Williams "gave up and quit" on the play....when in reality, he just released the WR assuming Gipson was there to take him....

I blame Gipson for not being there....(though you can see him running his ass off trying to get to the play too late)......and Williams reaction afterward pretty much seals thats what happend.....

First, I want to modify my above reply to h... intelligence creates at least one more possibility:

There is another factor, but it runs contrary to your talent assessment. A roster devoid of top talent at a position is a vacuum pulling lesser players into roles they are generally not suited for.

You lose a Cameron and uncover a Barnidge... a player no one saw emerging from his 2014, 3rd TE role.

I agree with that, but you can't stock a roster full of #1's at every position and bank on injuries to happen.

It's more sustainable to build from the bottom up, this way the talent differential between #2 and #3 isn't a gigantic gap.

Ideally, I'd say it should be a two-to-one ratio. For every top talent you add, there should be two to the bottom. Not necessarily by position.

OK, we didn't bring Williams in to be a #1 corner.

Haven't forgotten the Ravens are even more beat up than we are at critical positions, and they still managed to beat us.

Problem is, either on D or O, you're only as strong as your weakest link. Opposing coordinators seemingly have no problems finding ours.

I'm getting mighty tired seeing opposing teams blow holes in our D-line, and the linebackers can't even step up to fill the gaps.

Really? IIRC, Erving was playing center in college.

3) Both of the above.

Primarily #2......I don't think the overall talent is that bad.

He actually said today, that after watching tape there was no loafing. That everyone was giving their effort. If that's true then the players we have suck! If they were giving it all their effort then they don't belong in the NFL! The Browns are 2-10 with the highest defensive payroll in the league!

Why won't Pettine admit they the players are quitting! Did anyone hear what Hartline said after the game? He wouldn't talk to reporters because he didn't want to LOSE HIS JOB!

Pettine is a tyrant who holds a grudge to the detriment of the team. He's not a football coach he's a Nanny! Farmer is another stubborn arrogant tyrant who can't be budged even when he's dead wrong. Both these guys are dragging this team so far down they'll never dig themselves out!

That's what I was thinking. If great effort leads to a 34pt ass kicking, then all that remains is the people in the organization suck.

Pettine is out of his FREAKING mind! Not one mention of accountability by him or his staff. From what he said; you'd think we just missed the playoffs!

I'm getting mighty tired seeing opposing teams blow holes in our D-line, and the linebackers can't even step up to fill the gaps.

Who isn't??? Also, who has been harping about LBs for three years running?

Archived