THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine satisfied with our effort

stillmotion

Kruger...

To my eye he's doing what he did last year, namely bulling the RT back to the vicinity of the QB, with about the same regularity as he did last year. What I think is lacking is associated pressure from others to either flush the QB Krug's way or make the QB step up. Either allows Krug's to simply disengage for the sack.

Players who might not be giving 100%...

• Bowe
  • Gilbert
  • Anyone on IR
  • Anyone in Concussion protocol
List certainly does not include Gipson...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kruger...

To my eye he's doing what he did last year, namely bulling the RT back to the vicinity of the QB, with about the same regularity as he did last year. What I think is lacking is associated pressure from others to either flush the QB Krug's way or make the QB step up. Either allows Krug's to simply disengage for the sack.

My take too...plus he had a lot of help(last year) from our DBs....and Sheard....which I have posted here several times now....

And you know whats REALLY funny???.....the Browns(today) posted a break down of Krugers sack from Sunday....

And you know what they said?......he got the sack because...

#1) there was strong coverage from the DB's, forcing Dalton to hold the ball......and....

#2) there was pressure from Mingo, which forced Dalton over to Kruger......

Typical Kruger sack.....(off the backs of others)

Here is the link from Browns.com for anyone interested.....just another example of what should be so obvious, yet apparently still isnt....

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Film-Breakdown-Paul-Krugers-3rd-down-sack-vs-Bengals/177f4465-2080-48cd-b19c-c809cbe3c9a5

Im sorry to keep going....but I REALLY feel a need to put this Kruger garbage to rest.....the whole "covering" thing you all keep screaming about.....

here are Krugers rush vs cover snaps for the last 4 years.....lets see "who" made him cover the most and "who" gave him the most opportunities to rush the QB....shall we?

2012 - Baltimore.............380 rush 97 cover

2013 - Clev (Horton).......440 rush 110 cover

Now the Pettine era....(you know....the guy who makes him cover so much that he cant rush)....

2014 - Cleve(Oneill).......480 rush 65 cover......so the MOST rushes and FEWEST covers yet(and Krugers best year ever, btw)

2015 - Cleve(Oneill).......281 rush 56 cover......so the fewest covers of all the years, even though this is the year that we are making him cover all the time.....

And...before you say it.....he WAS on track for more rushes up until week 6, which is when his snaps got cut drastically and many of his rush snaps were given to Armonty.....so, he has less rushes because he was awful and the coaches saw that and adjusted.....

This is fact guys.....not opinion....SO PLEASE STOP SAYING HE IS ALWAYS COVERING WHEN HE'S NOT!!!!!!

HE IS COVERING LESS THAN HE EVER HAS AND LESS THAN ANY OTHER DC HAS MADE HIM.....

Last year...w/o Kruger.....The browns averaged 1.2 sacks a game...

THIS year...w/o Kruger....The browns averaged 1.2 sacks a game...

So the difference between last season and this season?.......Kruger......

Last year...Kruger got 1 sack every 44 attempts

This year...Kruger gets 1 sack every 112 attempts...

So...PLEASE....JUST STOP.....its not Oneill "misusing" him....and it's NOT because he is covering....IT JUST NOT....

Damn.....

Im sorry to keep going....but I REALLY feel a need to put this Kruger garbage to rest.....the whole "covering" thing you all keep screaming about.....

here are Krugers rush vs cover snaps for the last 4 years.....lets see "who" made him cover the most and "who" gave him the most opportunities to rush the QB....shall we?

Now the Pettine era....(you know....the guy who makes him cover so much that he cant rush)....

2014 - Cleve(Oneill).......480 rush 65 cover......so the MOST rushes and FEWEST covers yet(and Krugers best year ever, btw)

2015 - Cleve(Oneill).......281 rush 56 cover......so the fewest covers of all the years, even though this is the year that we are making him cover all the time.....

And...before you say it.....he WAS on track for more rushes up until week 6, which is when his snaps got cut drastically and many of his rush snaps were given to Armonty.....so, he has less rushes because he was awful and the coaches saw that and adjusted.....

This is fact guys.....not opinion....SO PLEASE STOP SAYING HE IS ALWAYS COVERING WHEN HE'S NOT!!!!!!

HE IS COVERING LESS THAN HE EVER HAS AND LESS THAN ANY OTHER DC HAS MADE HIM.....

So...PLEASE....JUST STOP.....its not Oneill "misusing" him....and it's NOT because he is covering....IT JUST NOT....

Damn.....

If O'Neil would just learn how to use Kruger and stop misusing him, Kruger would be better.

We're just going to agree to disagree but I see it on the field and read between the lines of what a good amount of players are saying. I just don't see how someone doesn't correlate a teams effort being because in large part the coach doesn't have the locker room. I know the browns suck but Sunday's game was pathetic. It was not (IMO) guys trying hard but just being bad-it was guys half-assing it and going through the motions. There's a clear difference between the two in my book.

It'll come out in the wash sooner than later but I just don't see it the other way around. It's really hard for me to look at guys like the Williams x2, Whitner, Starks and Haden before he got hurt amongst other dudes and think they've regressed that badly, it just doesn't make sense.

Randy Moss didn't play hard all game long and he's a first ballot Hall of Fame.

Damn.....

Kruger is just another fine example of the Browns overpaying for lesser talent to sign a name brand in free agency.

right now, opponent wr's are getting open with injuries, and just like the Buffalo players were saying,

although Mud thinks he knows better than them... (okay, that's just a payback, Mud)....

this defense does not work, and it isn't the number of times last year vs this year, it's that

Kruger is ever asked to go back into pass coverage, he is not that quick, depending.

Pettine/Oneil are misusing all the players on defense - that is why this defense is ranked

so badly.

This defense does NOT WORK, Mud. You can keep supporting it, and pettine and oneil, but the facts that

matter are, look at where the defense is this year. It's miscommunication city. If you won't put that on the coaches,

then fine, but you don't have to get all uppity and have a conniption fit over it. You didn't comment on the

comments by Buffalo dline players... talk about ignoring facts....

The Browns defense is not the players. It's the scheme and the coaches - players are frustrated,

and it is causing a lot of confusion on the field.

It is not on Kruger - he had eleven SACKS last year. 36 tackles, 17 assists.

Marcell Darius of the Bills had 36 tackles, 13 assists, and 10 sacks last year.

It doesn't matter how many times he dropped back last yr vs this year. it's that this defense does

not work, and the more they complicate it, the more it doesn't work. It's the freaking defense,

unless you think Marcell Darius is also a "bum".

Oneil and Pettine's defense has to go. And Mud, that is a fact, jack.

So your defense of Pettine is that we don't have 22 Randy Moss' running around?

Pettine doesn't need me to defend him. My point is some players play hard all the time, some most of the time and some when they want to regardless of coaching and success is often times predicated on how good you are.

right now, opponent wr's are getting open with injuries, and just like the Buffalo players were saying,

although Mud thinks he knows better than them... (okay, that's just a payback, Mud)....

this defense does not work, and it isn't the number of times last year vs this year, it's that

Kruger is ever asked to go back into pass coverage, he is not that quick, depending.

Pettine/Oneil are misusing all the players on defense - that is why this defense is ranked

so badly.

This defense does NOT WORK, Mud. You can keep supporting it, and pettine and oneil, but the facts that

matter are, look at where the defense is this year. It's miscommunication city. If you won't put that on the coaches,

then fine, but you don't have to get all uppity and have a conniption fit over it. You didn't comment on the

comments by Buffalo dline players... talk about ignoring facts....

Chip Kelly is a racist or at least that is what ex-Eagle Shady Mccoy insinuated after he was sent packing.

And, Mud,

the difference you noted with the number of times...

read on.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2015/10/02/browns-lb-paul-kruger-struggling-to-understand-switch-to-strong-side-determined-to-capitalize-on-fewer-opportunities/

It's when and where.

Unless you think Mario Williams is also a bum.

Sounds to me like they have the same problem as the Browns.

What I said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13932727/marcell-dareus-joins-mario-williams-questioning-buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-calls

That was written October 2nd, 3 games into the season

so...that makes it a false story? It is what it is...

maybe it was written in blue font, not black font,

so the article is fake?

good grief, losing is driving people to near nervous breakdowns or something.

Pettine doesn't need me to defend him. My point is some players play hard all the time, some most of the time and some when they want to regardless of coaching and success is often times predicated on how good you are.

You're right, because defending him would be futile.

And, Mud,

the difference you noted with the number of times...

read on.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2015/10/02/browns-lb-paul-kruger-struggling-to-understand-switch-to-strong-side-determined-to-capitalize-on-fewer-opportunities/

It's when and where.

Unless you think Mario Williams is also a bum.

Sounds to me like they have the same problem as the Browns.

What I said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13932727/marcell-dareus-joins-mario-williams-questioning-buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-calls

Buffalo and Cleveland are 2 different situations and Rexy and Pettine are different coaches.....maybe from the same tree, but not the same D...

The biggest issue is that Buffalo was a 4-3 and Rexy switched em to a 3-4 and they are struggling.....that is a huge change that did not happen here...

So...instead of ignoring my questions and just giving me Rexy link after Rexy link.....why not answer what Ive been asking alll along ....

Who is Pettine miss using?....How is he miss using them?....What is different this year, that he wasnt doing last year?.....and can you give my ANY examples or numbers to support that?

Ive asked this 20 times.....and, so far, no one has been able to answer.........

Well....would you look at that....Kruger posts ANOTHER game of all goose eggs....no tackles, no assists and no sacks....thats 2 games in a row and #6 out of 13.......

and he got his wish.....no coverage duty(which was his excuse for sucking)....just rush rush rush all day long...

But, but but.....the OTHER guys, who DID have to cover and play the run too ended up with 5 sacks and a bunch of tackles...

Armonty played 1/2 the snaps and had as many tackles in this one game as Kruger has had in the last 6 games.....

But, it's the scheme.....not Kruger......

Well....would you look at that....Kruger posts ANOTHER game of all goose eggs....no tackles, no assists and no sacks....thats 2 games in a row and #6 out of 13.......

and he got his wish.....no coverage duty(which was his excuse for sucking)....just rush rush rush all day long...

But, but but.....the OTHER guys, who DID have to cover and play the run too ended up with 5 sacks and a bunch of tackles...

Armonty played 1/2 the snaps and had as many tackles in this one game as Kruger has had in the last 6 games.....

But, it's the scheme.....not Kruger......

If O'Neil would just use Kruger the right way.

Archived