THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam calls mtg with upper management tonight

Tim Couch Pulls Out

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a "dont fire Pettine guy" too.....

I do agree that the coaching is a big part of the problem and there's probably a communication breakdown between the top and the players. ....so the staff needs to be upgraded. Though, Im leaning toward making changes with the position coaches, and maybe coordinators, before I go after Pettine.....who really is just the guy who manages the coaches......

If you look at out position Coaches, they are painfully inexperienced.(just like the guys at the top)...none of them have any NFL experience and most are in new roles here. So, for example, we have a guy coaching our OLB's who played QB in College and has zero NFL coaching experience.....and you know what?.....our OLB's suck and seem lost......and this theme continues.....Our OL coach was thrust into his position because the other one was fired(and drunk) and he has zero NFL experience....he was "supposed" to be an asst, but now has the whole ball of wax, yet he has zero experience.....and, oddly, its the O line and OLB's that are struggling greatly....

So...Id say these types of guys are more likely to be the reasons for poor coaching, than Pettine.....Of course, Pettine is responsible for assembling a staff....and seems to have failed in that respect....but, I also know he had literally no one to pick from. So, the owner or GM really need to consider if Pettine is the problem, of if his staff is.......I get that the mob is lined up with their torches and pitch forks ready to hang someone....Im just hoping they dont string up the wrong guy.....again.....(or too many guys, just to make sure they get the right one)...

I also worry that these "kids" we have as Coaches really arent up to the task of developing new talent....hech, they are rookies themselves and also trying to learn a new job....and anybody learning a new job struggles a bit, so how are they supposed to be teaching, when they are still focused on learning??

So....If Im Haslem.....here's what Im doing...

Step 1, Im getting Pettine to offer an honest evaluation of his staff and then we are going out and getting some REAL NFL coaches to replace the kids....especially on Defense, which has the most glaring Coaching needs in terms of experience..... Im getting a quality LB Coach, RB coach, OL coach, DC and OC.....with experience....no more "Learning as we go".....plus as many other experienced coaches as Jimmys money can buy....

Step 2, Im getting after Farmer about the talent, which is seriously lacking. No coach is gonna win too many games with this team. Not a one. So, there has to be an ultimatum about acquiring talent and getting it properly developed and on to the field....I would also expect better control with the check book, because we have some "less than talented" players making a shit pile of money.....Id be mad to have the highest paid defense, which is nowhere even close to the most talented.....

Step 3....Im getting rid of a lot of dead weight. Right away too. We have some guys who are NOT buying into the system and, by doing this, are hurting the team. And we have some guys who are just a negative drain on everybody and everything associated with the team. Guys like Manziel, Bowe, Gordon, etc have all created massive negativity and bad bad public relations, while bringing us very little on the positive side or on the field....and it's been 100% on Pettine to deal with it....both in having to explain over and over why they suck and why they dont play....having to be their coach AND babysitter......and having to deal with all their issues and problems in the press,,,,,,all while Farmer hides in his office, as if HE wasnt the reason they are here.....

Step 4....Im STILL getting rid of dead weight....in terms of non-performing players.....Time to dump the guys who just arent good. Weve seen enough to know that guys like Mingo, Kruger & Bowe arent worth their paycheck....so get em outta here already.....we need players and these guys arent bringing that. PLUS, some of these guys are not helping the team with their attitudes and probably cause a lot of negative thinking & feelings in the locker room....time to chop ANYBODY who's not 100% in or who plays like shit......

I think this would be a more reasonable approach to fixing some of what ails this team......and honestly believe if they just fire everybody, we will be right back in the exact same position soon enough. No matter who the new coach is, he will have similar problems to Pettine, in assembling his staff.....and, everyone will see, that he will not win with the group we have in there now....

So....if Im firing people....its names like DeLeone, Montgomery, Fleury, Driesbach, Hafley.....and yes, Oneill & Flip are at risk too....though, if their egos would allow, I might just demote those 2 and keep em on staff at positions that are a bit more suitable to their skills and experience....

Anyhow.....I know this will be unpopular and you all are pretty set on hanging somebody.....but hopefully, Haslem doesnt have a torch and is taking a calmer, more reasonable approach to the next step....

Here is my take. I said that johnny is going to dallas. He will be on stage from now until the end of season to show jones what he can do..I don't know how he can do much with this team because it is like everyone else is saying, this is just a very bad football team. Now if haslam can find a coach that can get along and work with manziel, there may be a slight chance he stays. Bottom line, either manziel goes or coachy coach goes because i think they hate each other. My guess, the kid is going to dallas and coachy coach stays...

I say fire Pettine, fire O'Neil, promote Flip to interim coach, start Johnny, give him a Terrelle Pryor, start Gilbert across from Tramon, and let's see what we have for the future.

4 game audition.

get rid of that fucking gm. Oh wait. He did say he would get guys that play like browns. He did say that. Dang, can't get rid of him.

Archived