THE BROWNS BOARD

Is this true?

Browns149

Since 2013 Browns games started by Hoyer 10-6. Not started by Hoyer 3-24

Is this true? If it is WOW?

I saw this from Grossi on Twitter

Here's the thing...

Yes, that is true, but let's not forget the five game stretch where Hoyer completely unraveled. It wasn't pretty, and it was heartbreaking to a fan base that desperately wanted him to succeed. Not helping matters was having Manziel on the bench, a player that presented potential and athletic ability, not to mention a more reliable deep ball. Does anyone remember the passes Hoyer missed for deep completions? The open TD's? How disoriented he appeared at times? I'm not placing all the blame on him, but the relationship between he and Manziel was frosty to say the least, and it was a difficult situation.

Hoyer is playing pretty well during the past several games, but it's not like he took the league by storm this season. He started by default (when super idiot missed the bus or plane...or whatever it was), then he was benched for being ineffective, and then he got the starting role back again. Hoyer can play at a decent clip when he has the support of a competent defense. I still maintain that he's a good backup because I don't believe he can sustain a high enough level of play for 16 games. However, as a backup...he might be the best in the league, and I'm not knocking that. A reliable backup can mean the difference between making the playoffs or sitting out in January.

If the sock monkey, assuming you mean Josh McCown, hd started instead of Hoyer last year we'd have gone to the playoffs.

WSS

McCown has played tough and played well, but t Hoyer won. No matter what, that's what counts.

As is the Brownsboard fans way, we can make excuses, what it's, yea buts, etc. Fact is Hoyer won with basically the same group.

I'll take 10-6 over 3-24 all day long. I don't care who is better or looks better or has more so-called potential. This is a win-loss business.

I don't think they make the playoffs last year because they were "forced" to play Johnny.

I'll take 10-6 over 3-24 all day long. I don't care who is better or looks better or has more so-called potential. This is a win-loss business.

I don't think they make the playoffs last year because they were "forced" to play Johnny.

Point being Josh McCown was and is lots better than Brian Hoyer and wouldn't have collapsed.

WSS

Point being Josh McCown was and is lots better than Brian Hoyer and wouldn't have collapsed.

WSS

But he did collapse. Why? It's a team game and he is on a team that's playing horrible. And right now, I don't see qb as being either a solution or problem. The IR, lack of practice time and complacency are the biggest issues...at least that's how I see it.

Hoyer collapsed because the running game went into the shitter last year. I have the colts game on dvr from last year and watch it all the time. Everyone and I do mean Everyone blames Hoyer for losing that game in the second half. I see it much much different.

Of all the RB carries in the 2nd half of the that colts game last year not 1 FUCKING RUSH went longer for 3 yrds NOT A SINGLE FUCKING RUN.

Hoyer collapsed because the running game went into the shitter last year. I have the colts game on dvr from last year and watch it all the time. Everyone and I do mean Everyone blames Hoyer for losing that game in the second half. I see it much much different.

Of all the RB carries in the 2nd half of the that colts game last year not 1 FUCKING RUSH went longer for 3 yrds NOT A SINGLE FUCKING RUN.

My only argument would be that McCown has flourished w/o a running game and, in my estimation, a team that was performing at a lower level....

On balance I prefer McC as well, but I don't think you can say "lots better".

The good Hoyer, the confident one that started the season for us last year, was better than McC. He was quicker, more decisive and (this just occurred to me) probably hid PassPro warts that are all too evident this season.

But, alas, BH was more fragile... especially mentally. He was the holder of his dream job (not a factor for McC), winning and being rooted against by half(?) his fan base who had thrown him over for what he knew to be an ill-prepared, party boy.

They wanted Hoyer to help Johnny and he didn't do that. Hoyer wanted the job for himself, which is what I want in a QB. Not some retread that is OK with giving up his job to some punk. And by the way, how's McCown doing in his role as mentor to Johnny?

Tour I might disagree that Brian Hoyer was better than Josh in the first six games but... Emotionally fragile? Yes sir I fully understand that and felt shitty for the kid.

I played with a guitar player whosee attitude and ability went right in the crapper when we replaced the second guitar player with one who is pretty hot. Guitarist A sulked and bitched, made a point of scowling on stage etc etc.

WSS

Hoyer was successful, until a certain point in the season. What changed? Josh Gordon came back. That is what changed. Shannihans play calling and Hoyer's reads changed when Gordon came back. He is the reason for Hoyer's failure. Gordon tokes up again and never touches the field, Hoyer is still a Brown.

Here's the thing...

Hoyer is playing pretty well during the past several games, but it's not like he took the league by storm this season. He started by default (when super idiot missed the bus or plane...or whatever it was), then he was benched for being ineffective, and then he got the starting role back again. Hoyer can play at a decent clip when he has the support of a competent defense. I still maintain that he's a good backup because I don't believe he can sustain a high enough level of play for 16 games. However, as a backup...he might be the best in the league, and I'm not knocking that. A reliable backup can mean the difference between making the playoffs or sitting out in January.

Actually, I'd take Hoyer's play right now 95 qbr. Sure, he hit a dreadful patch the end of last season.

That he didn't want to mentor Johnny is well documented. He wanted to start- or go elsewhere. Good for him- the Texans are still in the playoff hunt.

We should have had Hoyer and McCown. That would have been the ticket. It's the defense that sucks. Farmer needed to draft better and passed on wide receivers. Every team took a wide receiver but us. And I don't count those shrimps he found in free agency or Vincent Mayle who's gone now.

It's embarrassing to be this bad 15 years after coming back into the league. Teams get better, they trend in the right direction by drafting the best available. Why is that so hard for anyone who works for the Browns to believe? Why do they skip pro days and combines? What's wrong with these arrogant pricks? They always pull a stunt on draft day. The only time the Browns are relevant. Then back to obscurity.

This current team couldn't beat Clemson

Fuck Hoyer. He's history and who gives a shit?

Opel does.....actually loves all our EX players more than the current ones.....

If we had all those shitty players back, then we'd be as great as we were when they were here dammit!!!......oh wait.....

Archived