THE BROWNS BOARD

First Draft Pick Must be a QB - Paxton

MedinaDawg

Agree, if there's a HOF calibre guy, you take him, regardless of position (except LT, where we already have one). Otherwise, it's looking murky, and for the same reason we'd look to trade down, nobody will want to trade up.

Let's try to keep it rea guys. Profecting a draft choice to be a HOF'er???

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name me ONE GAME Joe Thomas has won for us. You can't. No fucking highlight films, no touchdowns, Not even any measurable impact. Our QBs got hurt from the left side probably more than any other team in the history of the NFL and college football. The Browns can't run flet because JT is physically pretty much on the weak scale of LTs. He has good balance and quickness, but really, he is a pussy in his position. He was a total waste of a fucking draft pick.

By your logic, NO lineman is worth a high draft pick because they don't produce 'highlight films'.

No measurable impact? Joe is a HOF player yet somehow a 'wasted' pick because he doesn't produce touchdowns? Really? Beyond that, I won't waste time with a rebuttal to the rest of that post or any others you may give. You are fucking clueless about the game of football, that much is clear.

Gipper, you full of shit. Won in spite of him? Why the fuck didn't win without him then?

Because as mediocre as BR was in 2005.....he was still better than Tommy Maddox or whoever else they had playing before him.

Total bullshit. You are so blinded by x's and 0's you can't see humanity.

It is the "humanity" that I am looking at. The fact is....BR had the worst performance in the 50 years of the SB for a winning QB.

So, yea, they won despite him.....that year. (but yes....they have been winning because of him since that time)

Bosa will bring nothing to Cleveland. Any pick other than Lynch is the wrong pick. You want a guarantee? Don't be a pussy, There's no such thing. Paxton could bust jsut like the others you mentioned. But the upside of Lynch to the upside of a slight impact player like Bosa is a no brainer. Bosa maybe can change one game every year. Paxton has the ability to change the entire fortunes of the team. Bosa is the pick of a jackoff, as far as the Browns are concerned.

Sure...you are right.....Lynch could change the entire fortunes of the team....if he is what you say he is......or, if he isn't, they would be just right back to where they are no.

History says you have at best a 50/50 chance.

Name me ONE GAME Joe Thomas has won for us. You can't. No fucking highlight films, no touchdowns, Not even any measurable impact. Our QBs got hurt from the left side probably more than any other team in the history of the NFL and college football. The Browns can't run flet because JT is physically pretty much on the weak scale of LTs. He has good balance and quickness, but really, he is a pussy in his position. He was a total waste of a fucking draft pick.

One game?

Yesterday. The offensive line won that game. @250 yards rushing....and JFF had all day.

(against a bad team? sure....but it was a win dominated by the Browns OL)

The ONLY pick in the group that was worth the gamble was BE.

OK, but we lost that gamble.

I called out those other assholes as losers before they ever took a snap. You jackoffs are getting hung up on THE POSITION and not the PLAYER. Taking shit like WEEDEN, MANZIEL and QUINN is NOT representative of spending a high draft pick on a player with GREAT upside. We already knew they were shit before we picked them. Fucking Brady Quinn would have gone in the late 3d round if the asshole Browns didn't waste a pick on him. K2 fucked himself....he had the skills. Richardson was likewise a pick only a jackoff thought was good. We have not drafted a QB the caliber of Paxton in decades.

A lot of hindsight insight in there Ghoolie. No one would have taken these guys if they knew they would suck.

But you bitch about the one draft pick made that did suck....JT.

Glad now that you see the light.

if Paxton has a 50/50 chance of being our franchise QB for the next decade then its an extremely easy pick. how many games has jj watt won this year?

The same as franchise qb Brian Hoyer. Meanwhile, Luke kuechly has won as many as his franchise qb.

How many has Matt Ryan won? Philip rivers? Joe flacco? Anyone here would trade any of our guys for one of them straight up, yet they combined have won 13 games.

A franchise qb is nice, and necessary, but so are many other things. Unless you have a first ballot hall of fame like Brady or younger manning, you need a team as well.

Every time we draft a qb high and throw them in to the fire expecting to paper over all of our cracks and somehow elevate a mediocre at best group of skill players while carrying a bottom feeding D we set our team back another 3 or 4 years.

We've never been better set to not have to throw that QB into the fire than we will be going into 2016...

... except of course for "the best fans in the world" demanding it.

if Paxton has a 50/50 chance of being our franchise QB for the next decade then its an extremely easy pick.

Interesting...

I have to believe the odds are better than 50/50 to spend an overall #1 on a QB... or a top 5... or a top 10...

Not sure where the point is in the draft when 50/50 would be acceptable, but late Day 1 is getting close. But even then would still depend upon other talent available.

if Paxton has a 50/50 chance of being our franchise QB for the next decade then its an extremely easy pick. how many games has jj watt won this year?

First off, really ANY pick has a 50/50 chance at being a successful one. That said, if you should find yourself looking at Lynch and at any time thinking to yourself that you just don't see the surefire, bonafide #1 Overall (Peyton, Luck as recent examples) then chances are its a smart idea to take a pass.

Football teams are ecosystems, when the positions are too far out of balance the team does not thrive except under rare conditions.

That said, how many games has JJ Watt won this year? Well seeing as how the Texans defense has kept them in a few W's, I'd say at least couple on his own.

i didn't say 50/50 to be successful. I said "50/50 chance of being our franchise QB for the next decade" Blake B is the guy he is most comparable to and it is looking like Blake is going to be a part of the Jags for years to come. If we had a Franchise QB i would be saying we draft bosa sure or treadwell or henry or coleman or smith but the fact of the matter is we have an old man playing his best football in his twilight years. John the Gimmick QB with Piles of disruptive Baggage and Bullshit and davis a fine backup qb. We need to keep taking a shot at the QB spot until we hit it and its just that simple. I hope we take lynch or lynch falls to us he is the most impressive Total QB of this draft. (though Connor Cook has the better arm talent but more inconsistent).

i didn't say 50/50 to be successful. I said "50/50 chance of being our franchise QB for the next decade" Blake B is the guy he is most comparable to and it is looking like Blake is going to be a part of the Jags for years to come. If we had a Franchise QB i would be saying we draft bosa sure or treadwell or henry or coleman or smith but the fact of the matter is we have an old man playing his best football in his twilight years. John the Gimmick QB with Piles of disruptive Baggage and Bullshit and davis a fine backup qb. We need to keep taking a shot at the QB spot until we hit it and its just that simple. I hope we take lynch or lynch falls to us he is the most impressive Total QB of this draft. (though Connor Cook has the better arm talent but more inconsistent).

What if "John the Gimmick QB" wins two of the next three?

Taking a shot at the QB spot for the sake of doing it is what sets franchises back. Please look at the recent history of Jacksonville, Tampa, San Fran, Minnesota and the Browns for god sake.

in all those cases another team picking before them got a Good to great QB. we are the team picking before them now.

That's my point. The great QB's were off the board and the one's their respective teams took were highly questionable.

In a draft that isn't deep at the QB position, what product are you expecting us to have in Paxton?

You can look me in the eye after watching his tape and say he's a day 1 starter with the Browns?

indeed i have. Smith out of notre dame maybe. Ramsey is okay but i worry about the whole S/CB thing going on a little to much of a project there. Bosa has been a kruger clone this year and has said he doesn't care for the city of cleveland. a RB at 1 overall is insane. there is no calvin johnson cant miss WR in this draft. the best this class has is a slot guy. really who is your top guy? who actually is worth the number 1 in your eyes. Personally i hope we draft #2 after the titans that way they can get bosa and we can get lynch without the osu homers complaining. We have zero need of a tackle so most lineman can wait until day 2-3.

Also bear in mind we currently have 2 4th round comp picks and 2 5th round comp picks which is some food for thought.

Then he isn't your #1 overall pick. Pretty simple.

I don't think you have to start a #1 overall QB right away. I would hope, however, that player would at minimum, make it difficult for you to sit him.

I like Goff over Lynch from limited I have seen of both.

If they decide to give up on Manziel, QB should be the pick. The question then is which one.

agreed. when you don't have a franchise QB in place and you have the first pick of the entire draft you don't get greedy and stockpile pix or have the luxury of drooling over Jadaveon Clowneys. safe odds say you take a shot at getting your franchise face, hit or miss, win or lose.

the alternative? spending 3 drafts worth of #1's to trade up to get the #1 overall in 2017 or 2018 ala RG3? yeah no thanks.

even if he ends up being Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford, or even Jamarcus or Ryan Lief >> when in Rome...and WHILE in Rome...you absolutely make the sacrifice to try to get your guy in place. too expensive a trip otherwise. the cost equates to the pain of being the 32nd team out of 32 other teams. get ur QB. then the blue chip luxury pieces come thereafter.

without a franchise QB, Calvin Johnsons, Adrian Petersons, Khalil Macks and JJ Watts are about the same as a Joe Thomas in terms of wins.

if it's Johnny so be it it's Johnny. and if that's the case spending a #1 on a QB just to back him up and get groomed for the (potential) future won't even hurt. it's just the single most important position in all mainstream sports. best case: would having two really be that bad? how about having none? the Browns franchise is worth about 1.5B. a mazzeroti with no driver isn't makin it anywhere fast.

Archived