THE BROWNS BOARD

Bitonio on IR

Kvoethe

Browns place Joel Bitonio on season-ending injured reserve

Dec 7 2015, 5:52 PMArun Srinivasan

The Cleveland Browns have placed guard Joel Bitonio on season-ending injured reserve with an ankle injury, the team confirmed Tuesday.

Bitonio suffered the injury during the first quarter of Sunday's loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, and was replaced by Cameron Erving.

Browns head coach Mike Pettine indicated during his press conference Monday that it was likely Bitonio would be placed on IR.

The lineman was fighting through the ankle injury throughout the season, and he appeared to aggravate it during Sunday's game.

In a corresponding move, the Browns claimed Gabe Ikard off waivers.

Oh horseshit, I predicted this a while ago. When the season goes on the shitier it's amazing how many veterans and guys that aren't worried about their jobs come up with a season ending injury. Why dick around and get yourself really hurt for nothing?

They will be dropping like flies over the next four weeks.

WSS

Joel ain't doggin' it, Steve. If he tried to, Thomas would kick his ass...

The lineman was fighting through the ankle injury throughout the season...

I must have slept through this announcement. Certainly could explain a couple of his games...

Yeah, probably that's true tour but if we are in the playoff hunt I bet he'd find some way to make the field.

Agree with that my kilted kompadre...

Winning make everythng hurt less... at least it seems like I remember that it does... ;)

Just listening to Pet's latest presser and up front in his injury portion he called Bito's ankle "a new injury."

Small thing I know, but does demonstrate FO is not on the same page.

Erving may not even play the rest of the way. He was pulled yesterday for Pasztor, who they may want to give game time to to see how he does. To my untrained eye he was no worse than Erving, and a little better.

Not to say Erving is a bum, he may be great at center next year.

Erving may not even play the rest of the way. He was pulled yesterday for Pasztor, who they may want to give game time to to see how he does. To my untrained eye he was no worse than Erving, and a little better.

Right....and IF Pasztor is supposed be our back-up LG, then I say play him.....

Dont think Cam is slated to play there, so no point in beating him up for nothing....

I'm not missing Miles Austin, and we don't need to be signing old vets at this time of the year.

Benji and Harttine will start, and if we don't get the Concussion boys back, I'll take more of Jennings with a little Prior.

Zombo

We claimed Gabe Ikard © off waivers from BUF. 2014 UDFA out of OU.

Was actually a combine invitee. 6'3.5, 304... Fast, quick, not very strong.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90224&draftyear=2014&genpos=C

I'm not missing Miles Austin, and we don't need to be signing old vets at this time of the year.

Benji and Harttine will start, and if we don't get the Concussion boys back, I'll take more of Jennings with a little Prior.

Zombo

What was Benjamin's injury? Is he good to go?

Right now it is Training Day for Cam Erving. He needs to now start playing like a first round draft choice. Browns have played 12 games now.....he is not a rookie anymore.

Called it. Pasztor is starting at LG.

Heard Nathan Zagura(Browns Radio) say yesterday that its "certain" & a "foregone conclusion" that Mack is leaving.....and happy to take less to do so......and, considering he broadcasts from Browns headquarters and can only say good things about the Browns, I trust he wouldnt say this if it wasnt true.....

so lets assume that Cam Erving will be our center next year......(and we'll hope he's better at center, than he is at guard)....;)

Heard Nathan Zagura(Browns Radio) say yesterday that its "certain" & a "foregone conclusion" that Mack is leaving.....and happy to take less to do so......and, considering he broadcasts from Browns headquarters and can only say good things about the Browns, I trust he wouldnt say this if it wasnt true.....

so lets assume that Cam Erving will be our center next year......(and we'll hope he's better at center, than he is at guard).... ;)

Didn't Erving play center the last season he was with FSU?

Some discussion on Browns radio this week pretty much leads me to believe that Mack is already gone.....and he's gonna take less $ to go elsewhere.....

So, Id say....book it.

Well, his play has diminished since his injury last year, ergo...his salary should be diminished. He can take less elsewhere....that doesn't mean elsewhere will actually be any better than what he has here.

Here is my response to a lot of players who say that they want to go elsewhere because they don't want to stay with a losing team:

"You were part of that team....had you played better....had you done your job better....the team may not have been as bad".

Take Mack.....this Browns team COULD have been better if they could have run the ball up the middle better.....they could have won more games if they had controlled those games on the ground better. This team could NOT run the ball.....and a lot of that is on the OL (I agree a lot of it is coaching....but players had their part). I think the Browns could have won 2-3 of those close losses if the OL had blocked better and controlled the line better. So...Mack didn't do his job well....and he contributed to those losses.

So....maybe, if he goes elsewhere....he can contribute to losing there too the way he did here.

Well, his play has diminished since his injury last year, ergo...his salary should be diminished. He can take less elsewhere....that doesn't mean elsewhere will actually be any better than what he has here.

Here is my response to a lot of players who say that they want to go elsewhere because they don't want to stay with a losing team:

"You were part of that team....had you played better....had you done your job better....the team may not have been as bad".

Take Mack.....this Browns team COULD have been better if they could have run the ball up the middle better.....they could have won more games if they had controlled those games on the ground better. This team could NOT run the ball.....and a lot of that is on the OL (I agree a lot of it is coaching....but players had their part). I think the Browns could have won 2-3 of those close losses if the OL had blocked better and controlled the line better. So...Mack didn't do his job well....and he contributed to those losses.

So....maybe, if he goes elsewhere....he can contribute to losing there too the way he did here.

And I guarantee his sub-par play post injury is not lost on any team even considering him at this point. And the question will be was it the injury or the attitude? And do we take a chance if it was either or both?

Archived