THE BROWNS BOARD

Bitonio on IR

Kvoethe

I can see Mack getting a deal that has a reduced base, but incentives near his current deal should he return to his pre-injury form. Bonuses for making All-Pro are not unusual.

Side note: Just caught a bit of "Draft Day" surfing channels a couple nites ago. The scene were Sonny is talking to the Strength Coach. Noted for the first time it was Alex lifting off to their right.

Side Note #2: Just looked at Alex's PFR page and did not remember that we picked Alex after trading down two, Rnd-1 spots with Philly in 2009. Philly took Jeremy Maclin further reinforcing our Day 1, WR aversion.

I can see Mack getting a deal that has a reduced base, but incentives near his current deal should he return to his pre-injury form. Bonuses for making All-Pro are not unusual.

Side note: Just caught a bit of "Draft Day" surfing channels a couple nites ago. The scene were Sonny is talking to the Strength Coach. Noted for the first time it was Alex lifting off to their right.

Side Note #2: Just looked at Alex's PFR page and did not remember that we picked Alex after trading down two, Rnd-1 spots with Philly in 2009. Philly took Jeremy Maclin further reinforcing our Day 1, WR aversion.

The Braylon Edwards Affect?

I wonder if there's anything to be said for moving Schwartz inside so Cam can play RT.

I agree with you. Cam just saw the monsters get bigger & faster in the NFL game. Any position Cam has 3 problems. pad level high, poor footwork(out of balance), add weight & strength. His feet & pad level is more suited for tackle. At C he will get blown up with size of NT's. At G he is already getting ragdolled by smaller NT's that are quicker. During camp they pushed him at T & to me he's is a project that needs time to adjust his body & footwork to 1 position on the line & not 3..

I agree with you. Cam just saw the monsters get bigger & faster in the NFL game. Any position Cam has 3 problems. pad level high, poor footwork(out of balance), add weight & strength. His feet & pad level is more suited for tackle. At C he will get blown up with size of NT's. At G he is already getting ragdolled by smaller NT's that are quicker. During camp they pushed him at T & to me he's is a project that needs time to adjust his body & footwork to 1 position on the line & not 3..

That certainly sounds like a guy that a team with no weapons should throw a first round pick at.

Z

That certainly sounds like a guy that a team with no weapons should throw a first round pick at.

Z

Well, his play has diminished since his injury last year, ergo...his salary should be diminished. He can take less elsewhere....that doesn't mean elsewhere will actually be any better than what he has here.

Here is my response to a lot of players who say that they want to go elsewhere because they don't want to stay with a losing team:

"You were part of that team....had you played better....had you done your job better....the team may not have been as bad".

Take Mack.....this Browns team COULD have been better if they could have run the ball up the middle better.....they could have won more games if they had controlled those games on the ground better. This team could NOT run the ball.....and a lot of that is on the OL (I agree a lot of it is coaching....but players had their part). I think the Browns could have won 2-3 of those close losses if the OL had blocked better and controlled the line better. So...Mack didn't do his job well....and he contributed to those losses.

So....maybe, if he goes elsewhere....he can contribute to losing there too the way he did here.

I think the season went in the shitter when we lost to denver...bingo makes a play finally. I'm trying to guess that he took that int. to the denver 38. From there it would have been what, a 55 yd attempt. All we had to do was get 4-5 more yds. Because we could not run up the middle, our rb takes it wide for a 4 yd loss. From there, there d knew we had to throw and our qb gets sacked which some board memebers put the blame on our qb...bullshit. If we could have run for 4-5 yds, we would have had a chance to win that game...fucking qb was not at fault...our ol sucks...

Z

Sad but so true in Browns Football Z.. We got caught up with Mackisium cold feet on OL.

I think the season went in the shitter when we lost to denver...bingo makes a play finally. I'm trying to guess that he took that int. to the denver 38. From there it would have been what, a 55 yd attempt. All we had to do was get 4-5 more yds. Because we could not run up the middle, our rb takes it wide for a 4 yd loss. From there, there d knew we had to throw and our qb gets sacked which some board memebers put the blame on our qb...bullshit. If we could have run for 4-5 yds, we would have had a chance to win that game...fucking qb was not at fault...our ol sucks...

That's one game. The second Baltimore game is another. How many rushing yards did we get there? Then there was the Chargers, and Raiders...@39 rushing yard.

Constantly having to settle for FG attempts.

Heard Nathan Zagura(Browns Radio) say yesterday that its "certain" & a "foregone conclusion" that Mack is leaving.....and happy to take less to do so......and, considering he broadcasts from Browns headquarters and can only say good things about the Browns, I trust he wouldnt say this if it wasnt true.....

so lets assume that Cam Erving will be our center next year......(and we'll hope he's better at center, than he is at guard).... ;)

I love the radio show, and I feel bad for quoting it so often, but I heard it as well. However, everything I read about Erving before the draft said he was better suited to center or tackle. Yes, the reports said he had versatility to play "anywhere on the line", but we all know that guard was the position he played least. I watched him for several years at FSU, in fact, I watched him play every game. Hell, I remember when he started out on DEFENSE. Erving is a solid player with an elite skill set. Many people felt that way. My hope is that he'll excel at center, which I believe is possible. Erving getting his ass blown apart for a few games is actually not the worst thing on earth. Remember, this guy is well known as a hard worker, and he's smart. Knowing just how much stronger he'll have to get in the offseason will motivate him. Don't write him off guys, I know it looked bad. I know it looked REALLY bad...but he's young, and he's talented.

Archived