THE BROWNS BOARD

Zombie nativity scene draws fines and Christian protesters

jbluhm86

Actually creative and current (with the walking dead being a hit tv show).

Nothing that's going to rattle my faith though. Probably won't take my kids to it, but I'm not gonna shit on his cornflakes either.

Same here, but some people clearly are getting all huffy about it. People *should* be able to take it in good humour, but apparently they can't, and it's a bit of a dick move to do it again, knowing that's the case.

Yeah definitely a dick move. I understand his neighbors complaining, but if you don't live next to it or across the street, just don't go look at it.

I think the neighborhood has a valid point in having the guy turn it around to face his house instead of the street. You want to show it off, you have Facebook (boring) and you can invite assholes to come turf up your yard to look at it. Neighbors are "forced" to look at the back of a "barn". Big deal.

maybe i'm wrong here but is that pastor who's all upset about it, the same asshole who burned a Quran the other year? Pls tell I didn't just read the most insane piece of hypocritical bullshit I have ever read in life.

I think that's a very loose 'pastor' and not representative of most christians.

Jesus kinda is a zombie though, right?

Wraithm it's been shown many times. Zombie's retain none of their human characteristics. Wraiths rise from the dead retaining their characteristics and also have some magic powers.

So are they both "undead"? Or is undead just a synonym for zombie?

Undead are things that were once dead but are now animate. Alive is a stretch for most. Undead includes, but are not limited to zombies, vampires, wraiths, liches, skeletons, basically anything where the body or what's left of it is moving of its own accord.

Wraithm it's been shown many times. Zombie's retain none of their human characteristics. Wraiths rise from the dead retaining their characteristics and also have some magic powers.

so jesus was a wraith huh? lols. would love to explain that to the family sometime, watch the appalling slowly creep on to their faces as I shit all over their savior with some cool dungeons and dragons like story.

It goes every which way. I know a guy who says a quick prayer before every meal even at restaurants - somebody came up and said something to him at a restaurant the other day because it made him or his wife or kid or whoever "uncomfortable"

Then you have this stuff where people drive past a unique scene but it offends their Christianity like this or whatever because it's offensive to jesus.

Everybody's a big puss nowadays. Who cares - it's not bothering you or ruining your day. Just stop looking and shut up.

I like it, but that's a bit douchy. Bringing it back for a second year as well.

Stuart

lol...of course you like it..from one that vehemently argued that we shouldn't be ridiculing Mohammad after two ragheads were killed attempting to shoot up a Mohammad cartoon exhibit in Texas a while back...you and that other nut job Woody.

Do you have like a sciency kind of link that explains all this? Cause i'm dying to be sitting at the table this Christmas and troll the shit out of my family with this explanation of their savior as some sort of ghoulish rubbish piker......

How sciency do you think it can be? I mean seriously?!

Unless you want to get in to hardcore fantasy/warcraft/might&magic etc this will have to do

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/jesus-was-not-a-zombie#.cbPdVBm93

How sciency do you think it can be? I mean seriously?!

Unless you want to get in to hardcore fantasy/warcraft/might&magic etc this will have to do

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/jesus-was-not-a-zombie#.cbPdVBm93

of course not "actual" sciency dude, I thought the term "sciency" would have given that away. I didn't say hey Chris could you find me an article from the new England journal of science that supports or refutes the theory of jesus as an undead mage from the nether world. Lol...c'mon man. And yes that link you posted was exactly what I was looking for, something tongue in cheek that makes an attempt at sounding legit. I did say this was for a troll afterall did I not? I don't think I said I was giving a symposium for the American chemical society on the chemical nature of resurrection.

of course not "actual" sciency dude, I thought the term "sciency" would have given that away. I didn't say hey Chris could you find me an article from the new England journal of science that supports or refutes the theory of jesus as an undead mage from the nether world. Lol...c'mon man. And yes that link you posted was exactly what I was looking for, something tongue in cheek that makes an attempt at sounding legit. I did say this was for a troll afterall did I not? I don't think I said I was giving a symposium for the American chemical society on the chemical nature of resurrection.

Easy buddy, I'm just yanking your chain!

Easy buddy, I'm just yanking your chain!

oh I know, I was rolling trust me. Just the notion that someone would ask in earnest hey could you give the quantum mechanics behind resurrection into Lich's and Wraiths had me giggling for a few earlier. I've been thinking up the best way to troll my family at Christmas dinner. I thought about starting off with the query "do you think jesus was a Lich or a Wraith" right after dinner prayer.

oh I know, I was rolling trust me. Just the notion that someone would ask in earnest hey could you give the quantum mechanics behind resurrection into Lich's and Wraiths had me giggling for a few earlier. I've been thinking up the best way to troll my family at Christmas dinner. I thought about starting off with the query "do you think jesus was a Lich or a Wraith" right after dinner prayer.

I'll bet Nancy's family loves having her there trolling. Then they can do Richard Simmons 'Sweating to the Oldies' to burn off the dinner.

Archived