THE BROWNS BOARD

Controversy at QB ? R. Griffin possible ?

BrownsfaninPa

The hype and excitement of having a popular QB like J. Manziel on the Browns was tarnished by his youthful and afterhours enjoyment. If the remaining games of this season is not a wakeup call to him, and he continues to do things that caused his publicized actions to put the Browns in the headlines in a negative way, I hope he gets released. If the Browns are willing to hold on to him, and he remains a QB on this team for next season, he better change his ways and fast. He needs to fix his issues and become a "professional' football player for the Cleveland Browns.

And if the Browns are seeking a possible backup solution, and if veteran QB such as R. Griffin becomes available, could he fit with a Browns team with a fresh new start for him as well?

No to Griffin but it is a possibility with Farmer making the decision. I can see Kaepernick in the browns uni.

What I see wrong with the Browns....

The team has no identity. Even with the players Pett had in place when he arrived he failed to at least try to maintain a game plan on both sides of the ball.

The QB position is anyone's guess. It wouldn't surprise me to see us try and do something really big at the end of the year. My guess would be for us to try and pursue Payton and Brees. The Saints have said they won't part outright with Payton, but they might entertain a trade for draft picks, which suggests they are pretty much starting over. If that's the case, they might be willing to trade for Brees. I'm not saying this is what I WANT, but it's an outlandish option, and it's just one idea for something we could do.

How many people are against bringing back McCown? I was happy with him. Is he great? No, of course not, but I liked what I saw. Imagine him with a semblance of a running game? With Josh Gordon? With a decent defense?

And I'm not so sure Manziel is out of here either.

RG is not an upgrade over Manziel.

RG combines a lack of ability to recognize defenses [and ID the corresponding hot route given those defensive looks] with the lack of an ability to work through a progression, and makes up for those two failings by lacking the humility to put in any practice time to get better.

The same has been said for Manziel. They both suck. Kaep is not much different. Nobody who's sober actually thinks Manziel is an NFL QB -- these next few weeks are just an audition to get the Browns something, anything in trade.

Right...not really into running qb's like the Kaps, Griffins, Vicks or Youngs......but there have been a couple rumbles that SF likes Johnny, so it wouldnt surprise me to see us trade our problem QB for their problem QB....

Sometimes a change of scenery works wonders....and(in the past) Kap has shown he can at least play....so, if the Browns decide to cut chase on Johnny, Id rather get a KAP, than nothing......

We have the best QB situation we've had in years.

All 3 guys are possibly good enough to win games - we have other problems.

if veteran QB such as R. Griffin becomes available, could he fit with a Browns team with a fresh new start for him as well?

2d1652e9b66e8d6dace9dc787361ee05.jpg

The hype and excitement of having a popular QB like J. Manziel on the Browns was tarnished by his youthful and afterhours enjoyment. If the remaining games of this season is not a wakeup call to him, and he continues to do things that caused his publicized actions to put the Browns in the headlines in a negative way, I hope he gets released. If the Browns are willing to hold on to him, and he remains a QB on this team for next season, he better change his ways and fast. He needs to fix his issues and become a "professional' football player for the Cleveland Browns.

And if the Browns are seeking a possible backup solution, and if veteran QB such as R. Griffin becomes available, could he fit with a Browns team with a fresh new start for him as well?

Browns would not release Johnny. They may trade him....to Cowboys or another team. They have his rights through next year....how long after that, I am not sure. They will get something in return for him.

RGIII? Not likely.....unless you really think he would come to form and be really good again. Have you heard anyone say that they think that is possible. If so, lets hear it.

He would only be a backup.....and we already have 2 backups signed for next year: Austin Davis and Josh McCown...who both could be serviceable in their roles.

But, for a #1 franchise guy? No, not RGIII

No to Griffin but it is a possibility with Farmer making the decision. I can see Kaepernick in the browns uni.

What I see wrong with the Browns....

The team has no identity. Even with the players Pett had in place when he arrived he failed to at least try to maintain a game plan on both sides of the ball.

The Browns have an identity: as persistent losers.

Could a Kaepernick change that? Not sure....but not with this defensive coaching staff.

The Browns have an identity: as persistent losers.

Could a Kaepernick change that? Not sure....but not with this defensive coaching staff.

a Kaepernick? Colin Kaepernick inherited a team of persistent winners, and they became persistent losers. Not purely because of him, but if he were capable of bringing a bad team up to contention, he would have done it in SF. I have zero faith in his ability to do it here.

We have the best QB situation we've had in years.

All 3 guys are possibly good enough to win games - we have other problems.

I would add Shaw back into that equation now that we know for sure that no matter who is QB, they will struggle in the red zone and get eaten alive at least 4-8 plays per game because of protection breakdowns (notice I am not laying this all on the OL alone). He played relatively well in comparison to the others.

a Kaepernick? Colin Kaepernick inherited a team of persistent winners, and they became persistent losers. Not purely because of him, but if he were capable of bringing a bad team up to contention, he would have done it in SF. I have zero faith in his ability to do it here.

To be fair, the defense in SF fell apart......his coach fell apart....and I am not sure what happened with the offensive system there, but he did lose confidence.

Again....another guy for whom a change of scenery could do a lot of good.

(I mean......based on what we have here now......I would take him over any of our current QBs.)

To be fair, the defense in SF fell apart......his coach fell apart....and I am not sure what happened with the offensive system there, but he did lose confidence.

(I mean......based on what we have here now......I would take him over any of our current QBs.)

I would not take him over any of our QBs...

The OC from the 49ers left for the Bills, Kaep fell apart, and Tyrod Taylor started looking like an NFL QB.

Not only no, but HELL NO.

RG is not an upgrade over Manziel.

RG combines a lack of ability to recognize defenses [and ID the corresponding hot route given those defensive looks] with the lack of an ability to work through a progression, and makes up for those two failings by lacking the humility to put in any practice time to get better.

The same has been said for Manziel. They both suck. Kaep is not much different. Nobody who's sober actually thinks Manziel is an NFL QB -- these next few weeks are just an audition to get the Browns something, anything in trade.

I would love to see RG3 as a Manziel backup, actually. I think it would be hilarious.

I would love to see RG3 as a Manziel backup, actually. I think it would be hilarious.

I think maybe we should avoid any QBs that come out of Texas or Oklahoma. JFF, Weeden, McCoy.

Of course, Quinn and Hoyer and Charlie Frye came out of Ohio.....

actually...on second thought, Frank Ryan came from Texas....Ft. Worth

How about we go for a guy from Illinois. Otto Graham is from Waukegon, Ill.

Archived