THE BROWNS BOARD

Controversy at QB ? R. Griffin possible ?

BrownsfaninPa

The hype and excitement of having a popular QB like J. Manziel on the Browns was tarnished by his youthful and afterhours enjoyment. If the remaining games of this season is not a wakeup call to him, and he continues to do things that caused his publicized actions to put the Browns in the headlines in a negative way, I hope he gets released. If the Browns are willing to hold on to him, and he remains a QB on this team for next season, he better change his ways and fast. He needs to fix his issues and become a "professional' football player for the Cleveland Browns.

And if the Browns are seeking a possible backup solution, and if veteran QB such as R. Griffin becomes available, could he fit with a Browns team with a fresh new start for him as well?

Hell no to RG III. Griffin has the bad habit of throwing teammates under the bus when he's not playing well- which is usually the case.

Saw a quote from Pettine today. "Manziel's problems run deeper than what we thought when we drafted him" Take that PG. Sounds like Johnny is heading to Rehab II after the season is over, if you read between the lines. That's assuming he can stay out of trouble until the season is over. Pettine didn't call it a zero tolerance policy- but you can bet the ranch Mike sat down with JFF and spelled it out clearly, and repeated what's expected of him a couple times. "The repercussions would be severe."

Oh and Gip, since you were mentioning where our bust and HOF quarterbacks came from- I just looked it up. Connor Cook is from Hinkley, think he might want to play for the Browns?

I never understood players crying about a potential landing spot where they will be millionaires. Boo hoo.

And this next statement assumes facts not actually in evidence but if you grow up in Cleveland area and you are not a Browns fan...

You can imagine the string of vulgarities I have planned.

WSS

Woah cowboy. Keep Pettine, get Romans as OC, get Wade Phillips as DC, and ride the Manziel express all the way to respectability!

Should Pet depart and were he up to the challenge, Wade would be an interesting candidate. While he has not HC'd a team "all the way", he has turned a few team around.

I would love to see RG3 as a Manziel backup, actually. I think it would be hilarious.

And thus, TC cemented his "sick puppy" status for eternity...

Rumor has it that Connor Cook has been mouthing off about the city of Cleveland and how it sucks.

Feeling is hopefully mutual. Been looking at some Cook and I swear he has not learned a thing in 3 years. Just when you think he's gotten it, inexplicably he will still go brain dead.

And thus, TC cemented his "sick puppy" status for eternity...

Feeling is hopefully mutual. Been looking at some Cook and I swear he has not learned a thing in 3 years. Just when you think he's gotten it, inexplicably he will still go brain dead.

At this point, I'm just looking for fireworks of any kind. My apathy is at an all-time low.

I was very very very very high on Cook coming into this season. I am no longer. After the experience he gathered and the offseason work he put in and the whole "this is my team" senior attitude I expected him to develop, I thought he would blossom and be this Andrew Luck-esque prospect and just shred opponents.

Alas.

I think maybe we should avoid any QBs that come out of Texas or Oklahoma. JFF, Weeden, McCoy.

Of course, Quinn and Hoyer and Charlie Frye came out of Ohio.....

actually...on second thought, Frank Ryan came from Texas....Ft. Worth

How about we go for a guy from Illinois. Otto Graham is from Waukegon, Ill.

you forget, Bernie Kosar, Boardman Ohio

MSU did deal with a rash of injuries offensively. Wasn't Cook (a senior returning starter at QB) not voted a captain? People are drawing parallels to Bo Callahan not having anyone at his birthday dinner.

How good can Cook be, really? They won their biggest game of the year without him.

How good can Cook be, really? They won their biggest game of the year without him.

How good COULD he be? Really good. How good is he? Eh.

He's the safest pick in terms of skillset transition, he probably has the smallest learning curve due to the offense they run at MSU. But he just hasn't progressed at all or, if he has, it's been very little - and that's a huge red flag. He's supposedly worked his ass off in the offseason with George Whitfield, he's a fifth-year senior, he's been in the same system the entire time...and he hasn't gotten better. He's probably at his ceiling.

How good COULD he be? Really good. How good is he? Eh.

He's the safest pick in terms of skillset transition, he probably has the smallest learning curve due to the offense they run at MSU. But he just hasn't progressed at all or, if he has, it's been very little - and that's a huge red flag. He's supposedly worked his ass off in the offseason with George Whitfield, he's a fifth-year senior, he's been in the same system the entire time...and he hasn't gotten better. He's probably at his ceiling.

Could he even be as good as Hoyer, Drew Stanton, Kirk Cousins.....other MSU QBs?

Could he even be as good as Hoyer, Drew Stanton, Kirk Cousins.....other MSU QBs?

He's a better prospect than any of them. He has prototypical size and has game tape of him making any throw an NFL QB needs to make. He just makes a few highly questionable decisions per game, he is inaccurate out of the pocket and he might be a dickhead.

Archived