THE BROWNS BOARD

The Poison Pills

The Gipper

This may be why Farmer doesn't draft WRs very high....he has seen the Browns history and does not want to repeat it.....at least that's a working theory:

Wide Receivers drafted by the Browns since 1999 in round 1-3 (plus my comments):

1999 Kevin Johnson 2d rd. (he may have actually been the most productive on the entire list)

2000 Dennis Northcutt 2d rd. (if he had held on to 1 pass in 2002 postseason game, our perception of him may have been quite different)

2001 Quincy Morgan...2 rd..(what was the nickname we had for him...hands of stone?)

2002 Andre Davis 2nd rd. (4 WRs in a row in round 2...WTFIUWT?)

2004 Kellen Winslow Jr. 1st rd. #11 overall (TE that was to play like WR... two words: Crotch Rocket)

2005 Braylon Edwards 1st rd. (1 good year)

2006 Travis Wilson 2d rd. (Who?)

2009 Brian Robiskie 2nd rd. MoMass 2d rd. (this was the double tap we all got 2 bullets to the chest and head with these picks)

2011 Greg Little.......2nd rd. Big man who lived down to his name.

2012? Josh Gordon....Supp draft for which 2d rounder was used. Talent there....more off field issues.

So....there you go....still slight hope for Gordon to rejuvenate his career. But with this track record, can you blame our FO about being gun shy with high picks for WRS?

Good old Kevin Johnson, seemed like he dove to the ground as soon as he caught the ball. He would have had a lot more yards if he ran instead of fall.

I always thought he gave good effort. And he was by far it seems the most solid citizen of the bunch. (imo)

The two most talented of these were Braylon and Gordon.....and K2 to add on.

All with with fucked up shit going on in their brains. What is up with these Diva WRs. The ones that are good go fucking crazy. The others were all just vastly overrated.

That is NO excuse to not draft WRs. I'm sure just about every other position for the Browns would look eerily similar. We've sucked for so long that we've forgotten what it's like to be good. That chart tells me that they need to draft WR's HIGH, not high wide receivers... jab, poke. No seriously though, looking at that list, they did good with first rounders, only Braylon and Winslow though? That seems like a good track record in the first round, it's in the second round they should be wary.

I would have taken a chance on that Dorial Green-Beckham. Gordon is a stellar WR and he'll be a Brown for a long time, just has to focus in and do what needs to be done... same as Johnny.

I would love a Gronkowski like TE or another Gordon-esq WR. That what Manziel needs to be successful. And a bruising FB. No team every had a legitimate running attack without a slobber-knocker at FB.

That is NO excuse to not draft WRs. I'm sure just about every other position for the Browns would look eerily similar. We've sucked for so long that we've forgotten what it's like to be good. That chart tells me that they need to draft WR's HIGH, not high wide receivers... jab, poke. No seriously though, looking at that list, they did good with first rounders, only Braylon and Winslow though? That seems like a good track record in the first round, it's in the second round they should be wary.]

Braylon and K2 are perhaps the two biggest disappointments....because of their talent. Their dead heads got in their way of success here.

And I do advocate taking a WR this year fairly high.

I would have taken a chance on that Dorial Green-Beckham. Gordon is a stellar WR and he'll be a Brown for a long time, just has to focus in and do what needs to be done... same as Johnny.

I would love a Gronkowski like TE or another Gordon-esq WR. That what Manziel needs to be successful. And a bruising FB. No team every had a legitimate running attack without a slobber-knocker at FB.

I would like to see 4 Hall of Fame players come out of each of our next 3 drafts. (it has only happened once in history....Stelelres.

This may be why Farmer doesn't draft WRs very high....he has seen the Browns history and does not want to repeat it.....at least that's a working theory:

Wide Receivers drafted by the Browns since 1999 in round 1-3 (plus my comments):

1999 Kevin Johnson 2d rd. (he may have actually been the most productive on the entire list)

2000 Dennis Northcutt 2d rd. (if he had held on to 1 pass in 2002 postseason game, our perception of him may have been quite different)

2001 Quincy Morgan...2 rd..(what was the nickname we had for him...hands of stone?)

2002 Andre Davis 2nd rd. (4 WRs in a row in round 2...WTFIUWT?)

2004 Kellen Winslow Jr. 1st rd. #11 overall (TE that was to play like WR... two words: Crotch Rocket)

2005 Braylon Edwards 1st rd. (1 good year)

2006 Travis Wilson 2d rd. (Who?)

2009 Brian Robiskie 2nd rd. MoMass 2d rd. (this was the double tap we all got 2 bullets to the chest and head with these picks)

2011 Greg Little.......2nd rd. Big man who lived down to his name.

2012? Josh Gordon....Supp draft for which 2d rounder was used. Talent there....more off field issues.

So....there you go....still slight hope for Gordon to rejuvenate his career. But with this track record, can you blame our FO about being gun shy with high picks for WRS?

pretty damn bad....ouch...

That is NO excuse to not draft WRs. I'm sure just about every other position for the Browns would look eerily similar. We've sucked for so long that we've forgotten what it's like to be good. That chart tells me that they need to draft WR's HIGH, not high wide receivers... jab, poke. No seriously though, looking at that list, they did good with first rounders, only Braylon and Winslow though? That seems like a good track record in the first round, it's in the second round they should be wary.

who is going to the hall of fame with that list....none....winslow. did not live up to daddy winslow that is for sure...fucking braylon edwards...fraidy cat to go over the middle....cowardly receiver...only receiver on that list that was good was k.j.....

If a team like the Jaquars can draft Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns the same draft they got Bortles there's no excuse for Farmer! Robinson and Hurns are turning into the best best duo in football. And they're only in their second year. Cardinals got Brown, Nelson and Floyd to compliment Fitzgerald. The Steelers have Brown and Bryant and Wheaton with a great running game. It's not rocket science. An offense needs weapons! We need a big strong receiver who can come up with the 50/50 balls like Megatron in his prime.

Our red zone success tells you all you need to know.

What McCown did this year was find a big strong Barnidge. Without Barnidge what would we have? Benjamin has excelled. Barnidge and Benjamin with another big receiver, a running game.

I have no idea what Farmer plans to do but he'd better address this.

doesn't matter. They still need to draft a very good/great one.

Surely farmer and co. don't return to their first draft in the first round days.

A first round wr would have made a gigantic difference to the Browns,

instead of Gilbert. Not sure if he will ever get it.

If you look at that list the only 2 that were good in college at big time programs were K2 and Braylon.

Maybe if they would draft the top level guys from the top level teams they would turn out better.

Taking wr's from UNC, SYR, and KSU isn't going to cut it

Here's my read on diva WR's

" The further away from the ball, the more the players talk"

Not sure who said it, but it is very true

If you look at that list the only 2 that were good in college at big time programs were K2 and Braylon.

Maybe if they would draft the top level guys from the top level teams they would turn out better.

Taking wr's from UNC, SYR, and KSU isn't going to cut it

Travis Wilson was from Oklahoma, MoMass from Georgia, Robiskie from Ohio St. You don't get much more top level than that.

Archived