THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Congratulations to The Great Zomboni ... Two perfect picks, and one miscalculation regarding Andy Dalton breaking his thumb.

Next week I will attempt to predict injuries too, but still a stellar week!

You're welcome.

Z

Great job Z!

You should be taking over the job from Zombie.

Never! I have too much fun every week trying to decide which is funnier: Z's predictions or the responses by folks like you his predictions elicit.

So I had Browns by 15 and Seahawks by 24, but some bitch is going to come on here and whine that I didn't predict the Andy Dalton broken thumb.

Z

Some idjits haven't figured out yet Z picks the Browns to win every week.

As if the big-game choker Dalton finishing the game would've mattered with the sheer statistical domination and point scoring the Steelers laid today. You do realize the reason he got hurt was because he threw a big PICK right?

"Bitch" is right. If you look in the mirror.

Though I don't usually predict, I had dem Bungles winning in a squeaker. Talking heads already putting the Stripers out to pasture with Andy's thumb boo-boo.

Dear Squealer fans- you're still on the outside looking in. FWIW, ya gotta beat the Broncos, and hope the Jets lose to the Patriots. I have KC winning out.

If you don't think how sweet it would be for the Browns to knock you out of the playoffs last game. Haha could happen.

Actually, if the Steelers win out, they're in. And not the Jets. No matter what they do. So really the Steelers only have to worry about what they do themselves. It called "controlling your own destiny." Look into it sometime.

And by the way, considering the division's still in play mathematically and the Bungs are now relying on AJ Nobody, who knows what crazy stuff could happen?

But thanks for playing.

Yeah Joe- you going by third, fourth tiebreakers or something like that? Care to enlighten me? You & the Jets win out, you're both 11-5 with identical 8-4 conference records. Wow, I'm impressed you would know that.

I'm not going to do the "what ifs" except you win out and the Bungles lose out, other than you'd win the division. I doubt the Bungles will accommodate you by losing 3 straight, and I'll let you worry about the other possible scenarios.

yeah if everything were equal the steelers would get in by virtue of some ridiculous reason, i forget exactly what it is but i heard 3 hours of the nauseating phone calls on ny sports radio last week from jet fans asking crying and whining.

but steelers would have to win out. BUT wait! hold on! who do i see on the horizon!?! is that.....is that JOHNNY? is that JOHNNY FOOTBALL? (pipe in the vintage nfl game day music..)

please Tyr, the norse god of war, let the steelers come rumbling into cleveland on the 3rd of january 2016 needing the win to stave off the jets in their playoff hunt. please please please baby please.

come one you pittsburgh cocksuckers. come get some of this. right now, not knowing who will be healthy, who is on a roll etc. etc. i got a six pack that says we kick your fucking asses that game.

c'mon. let's do this.

Actually, if the Steelers win out, they're in. And not the Jets. No matter what they do. So really the Steelers only have to worry about what they do themselves. It called "controlling your own destiny." Look into it sometime.

And by the way, considering the division's still in play mathematically and the Bungs are now relying on AJ Nobody, who knows what crazy stuff could happen?

But thanks for playing.

OK, you've said it....now explain it. Right here as we sit today.....the Jets and Chiefs would be in the playoffs and the Steelers out(all three having the same record)

But, lets say hypothetically that all 3 win out. You are saying that the Steelers would be in over the Jets.

Why is that? Not trying to bust your hump, just trying to figure out how you got that result.

According to NFL.com the Stoolers as of today, are the 7th seed in the playoff tiebreaker.

Right....that is why I am asking Joe Cocksucker, or whatever his name is how he figures that the Steelers would be in if all 3 currently tied were to win out.

Is it in here somewhere (tie breaking procedures for wildcards:

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

So then you won't mind going back and revising every pick you made against the Steelers to lose when THEY had a key player go out hurt.

Because by your system, those losses don't count either.

Although the way Roethlisberger was slinging the ball today, it wouldn't have mattered whether the Bungs had Dalton in or not.

Most people don't make picks on the assumption that a key player will get hurt. Why give someone shit over being wrong when it happens?

Also, you can't say Dalton going out didn't make a difference. It would have been a different game. You did put up points, but our defense held you to plenty of FGs. McCarron was able to pass on your defense. I am sure Dalton would have done the same, and I doubt Dalton would have missed on passes that McCarron did miss on. Maybe Bengals still lose, but the reverse could be argued as well.

I think you should worry more about the Steelers making the playoffs. Why worry about what Zombo's picks are? Make your own picks if you are so upset about it.

Good luck vs Denver. The Steelers will need it.

Most people don't make picks on the assumption that a key player will get hurt. Why give someone shit over being wrong when it happens?

Also, you can't say Dalton going out didn't make a difference. It would have been a different game. You did put up points, but our defense held you to plenty of FGs. McCarron was able to pass on your defense. I am sure Dalton would have done the same, and I doubt Dalton would have missed on passes that McCarron did miss on. Maybe Bengals still lose, but the reverse could be argued as well.

I think you should worry more about the Steelers making the playoffs. Why worry about what Zombo's picks are? Make your own picks if you are so upset about it.

The biggest play in that game....obviously was the pick 6 for a TD. Dalton probably doesn't make that mistake. Without that, it is a one score game....and with Dalton in their the Bengals may have been able to manage another score.

So, what should have been a pickem game turned into what essentially was a rookie QB loss.

The biggest play in that game....obviously was the pick 6 for a TD. Dalton probably doesn't make that mistake.

Since when??? :P

Breaking News: Dalton won't need surgery...

Yep, the fucking Stoolers act like they didn't lose a game while the Rapist was out.

OK, you've said it....now explain it. Right here as we sit today.....the Jets and Chiefs would be in the playoffs and the Steelers out(all three having the same record)

But, lets say hypothetically that all 3 win out. You are saying that the Steelers would be in over the Jets.

Why is that? Not trying to bust your hump, just trying to figure out how you got that result.

Pittsburgh’s final three games are against other A.F.C. teams, all intra-conference games

yeah if everything were equal the steelers would get in by virtue of some ridiculous reason, i forget exactly what it is but i heard 3 hours of the nauseating phone calls on ny sports radio last week from jet fans asking crying and whining.

but steelers would have to win out. BUT wait! hold on! who do i see on the horizon!?! is that.....is that JOHNNY? is that JOHNNY FOOTBALL? (pipe in the vintage nfl game day music..)

please Tyr, the norse god of war, let the steelers come rumbling into cleveland on the 3rd of january 2016 needing the win to stave off the jets in their playoff hunt. please please please baby please.

come one you pittsburgh cocksuckers. come get some of this. right now, not knowing who will be healthy, who is on a roll etc. etc. i got a six pack that says we kick your fucking asses that game.

c'mon. let's do this.

Well..... That sure got me fired up for the day. Thanks Mik. Fuck you Steeler fans.

Pittsburgh’s final three games are against other A.F.C. teams, all intra-conference games

Yeah, I had to look that up- the Jets have one less conference game (Dallas). However, the Steelers will almost have to run the table.

Remaining games:

KC: @ Ravens, home to Browns and Raiders

Jets: @ Cowboys, home Patriots, @ Bills

Squealers: Home Broncos, @ Ravens & Browns

I agree with MIk, it would be beyond sweet to knock Pittsburgh out of the playoffs on the final day of the season.

Yeah, I had to look that up- the Jets have one less conference game (Dallas). However, the Steelers will almost have to run the table.

Remaining games:

KC: @ Ravens, home to Browns and Raiders

Jets: @ Cowboys, home Patriots, @ Bills

Squealers: Home Broncos, @ Ravens & Browns

I agree with MIk, it would be beyond sweet to knock Pittsburgh out of the playoffs on the final day of the season.

Two out of 3 get in. KC has easiest schedule. Steelers second....have to deal with Broncos though. Jets have two tougher tests....Pats/Bills. Yes it would be nice if the Browns could at least become considered a "tough test".

They would be if they played like they did Sunday.

Archived