THE BROWNS BOARD

Gaines and Orchard

Zombo

Two rookies looking very good today.

Free agwnt Pasztor has been owning that guard position as well.

Feather in Farmer's cap for finding these guys.

If the fucker could just hit on the first round ...

Z

Can you elaborate? My cable doesn't offer NFL packages. The NFL red Zone showed zilch. IM SO SICK OF HUNTING FOR A HIGHLIGHT! How was Gaines? Orchard? I saw Crowell had 145 yards and 2 touchdowns. This is what we've been waiting for since last year. What happened?

Can you elaborate? My cable doesn't offer NFL packages. The NFL red Zone showed zilch. IM SO SICK OF HUNTING FOR A HIGHLIGHT! How was Gaines? Orchard? I saw Crowell had 145 yards and 2 touchdowns. This is what we've been waiting for since last year. What happened?

Orchard had 2 sacks. Gaines covered Boldin most of the game and did pretty well.

Orchard had two terrific sacks and seemed to be all over the place.

Gaines finaly stuck the plug into that second corner spot that has been so damaging all year. Looking pretty slick for second start.

As for Crowell, the fucking guards were creating seals on those delayed handoffs all day ... I'm not sure where that has been all year, but look at our ypc once we replaced Erving with Pasztor.

Crow was ruuning hard, as he usually does, finally had some fucking lanes.

Of course, a lot of this had to do with our opponent, but I want to see if we build on any of this next week against a real team on the road.

Z

Erving will be a fine player - after he got benched vs ?Cincy...

he was angry. At himself. He says he needs to get stronger and

learn more.

He tends to play too high, still. He'll be fine. He said that everybody

is good in the pros. Yep.

And horsefeathers for Pet?

Yeah his 2 first rounders this year got blown up and ran over on the blocked FG

Did not help that the kick was low so some of the block was on Coons. Penetration was actually worse on the next FG try and somehow Coons got it over a free runner.

My boy Orchard making me look like a smart man.

Thank you, Ray Farmer.

really has made some positive gains the last few weeks....(since he started getting Krugers and, now, Mingos snaps)...

Heck, Mingo is down to only 10-12 snaps a game now....and Orchards up to 40, so basically has that job now...

really has made some positive gains the last few weeks....(since he started getting Krugers and, now, Mingos snaps)...

Heck, Mingo is down to only 10-12 snaps a game now....and Orchards up to 40, so basically has that job now...

Haha I didn't realize Mingos snap count got that low... I assumed he was in more often since I saw at least 3 plays where he was trailing his man by 4 yds and someone else had to make a play.

And horsefeathers for Pet? Did not

Why would you say that?

I thought he did a great job having the team ready this week.

Did I cause a faux pas by complimenting our GM without giving a reach around to the coach?

Can't you just say "nice find" ... or is there some sort of competition I'm not aware of?

Z

Erving will be a fine player - after he got benched vs ?Cincy...

he was angry. At himself. He says he needs to get stronger and

learn more.

He tends to play too high, still. He'll be fine. He said that everybody

is good in the pros. Yep.

I have to disagree that Erving will be fine. He's getting man-handled out there, pushed around and run-over. I don't think time in the weight room is going to do the trick. I'm assuming he's spent plenty of time in the weight room throughout college and with the browns. I think he will be labeled a bust after this year. With the way he's getting mauled, it's questionable that he makes the team next year. His benching wasn't a JM-type wake-up attempt, he doesn't seem to have the tools/strength to play in the NFL. A wasted draft pick by Farmer and Co.

Did I cause a faux pas by complimenting our GM without giving a reach around to the coach?

There have been days when Pet may well have welcomed that...

Two rookies looking very good today.

Free agwnt Pasztor has been owning that guard position as well.

If the fucker could just hit on the first round ...

Z

Except people will be complaining because we had to play guys like this and will be blaming it on Farmer's ineptitude.

Haven't heard anything, but not really counting on much there......

Not be a bummer and Im certainly no doctor, but did a bunch of research on his injury and everything I read said....1) the injury is about as bad as it gets for knees.....2) there are few, if any, players that have truly recovered and returned to their original form....

And, considering he plays a position that relies on speed, agility, cutting and jumping.....Im not holding my breath...

My boy Orchard making me look like a smart man.

Thank you, Ray Farmer.

easy there, he had a good game against probably the worst O line in the league. On one of his sacks he was cut completely loose. I still need to see that his pass rushing tools work against competent tackles. On his other sack he dipped his shoulder underneath the tackles outside shoulder and the tackle completely whiffed, I don't think he got a hand on him. It was a nice move no doubt, but I don't see that move much from the other really good pass rushing OLB'ers cause against good tackles it doesn't work.

I have hope for him though. Just needs to get stronger.

One of Orchard's sacks was vs. a SF TE...

Good read... I'd heard the bits from Pet presser, but there's a lot more. Makes you root for the kid.

This bit got me though... "(He) earned a $3 million settlement on an insurance policy his college bankrolled to entice him to return for his senior year."

I did not know colleges openly used insurance policies to retain their employees... I mean, student-athletes...

Any news on rehab/recovery of Ekpre-Olomu? Can't find much recent online.. is he ever mentioned on radio/TV?

He did cash in on his insurance policy.. so he's got that going for him.

I heard on the radio a couple of weeks ago that he was doing light workouts.

easy there, he had a good game against probably the worst O line in the league. On one of his sacks he was cut completely loose. I still need to see that his pass rushing tools work against competent tackles. On his other sack he dipped his shoulder underneath the tackles outside shoulder and the tackle completely whiffed, I don't think he got a hand on him. It was a nice move no doubt, but I don't see that move much from the other really good pass rushing OLB'ers cause against good tackles it doesn't work.

I have hope for him though. Just needs to get stronger.

I know, its just been quite a while since one of my pre-draft analysis' has lined up with the player and round the Brownies actually select. I have high hopes for Nate and staked quite the claim to him as a player and person.

He's had a typical rookie year however his PT increase over the back half of the season is an absolute positive compared with the alternative. Naturally, going against the worst Oline in the NFL will help. I trust it will keep the confidence flowing and allow Orchard to continue working on varying his pass rush moves.

Archived