THE BROWNS BOARD

Gaines and Orchard

Zombo

Haven't heard anything, but not really counting on much there......

Not be a bummer and Im certainly no doctor, but did a bunch of research on his injury and everything I read said....1) the injury is about as bad as it gets for knees.....2) there are few, if any, players that have truly recovered and returned to their original form....

And, considering he plays a position that relies on speed, agility, cutting and jumping.....Im not holding my breath...

I'll just say this Mud. After the National Championship game against Ohio State, I thought the best Willis McGahee would ever do was walk around with a cane. One of the ugliest injuries I've ever seen- he destroyed his knee way worse than Ifo- there was virtually nothing left. ACL, MCL, PCL. Chalk that up to the wonders of modern orthopedic surgery. Regarding the dislocated kneecap- the surrounding tissue should heal in time, assuming it was repaired properly, he's still young.

One of Orchard's sacks was vs. a SF TE...

Good read... I'd heard the bits from Pet presser, but there's a lot more. Makes you root for the kid.

This bit got me though... "(He) earned a $3 million settlement on an insurance policy his college bankrolled to entice him to return for his senior year."

I did not know colleges openly used insurance policies to retain their employees... I mean, student-athletes...

Yep. It's awesome. We had one for Cedric Ogbuehi.

The only news I've heard about Ekpre-Olomu is positive, and I read he's working hard and making progress. He appears to be a cerebral guy, and a person that doesn't carry baggage. We took him very late, so it's safe to say that nobody is expecting a miracle. Devastating knee injuries generally take a year to "come back", and then another year to "come all the way back". But hey...who knows? This guy was thought to be a higher level talent before the injury, and we've all seen countless players come back from gruesome setbacks.

What the hell happened to Desir?

Gaines.. spectacular late round pick last year.

You could do worse than Desir as your 5th DB. Although with K'waun and Ife coming back, will he even make the roster next year?

1st Round (#8): CB Justin Gilbert - bust
1st Round (#22): QB Johnny Manziel - Threads greater than this one have tried and failed to define this.
2nd Round (#35): OG Joel Bitonio - Great
3rd Round (#71): ILB Christian Kirksey - Decent
3rd Round (#94): RB Terrance West - backup/FA
4th Round (#127): CB Pierre Desir - backup/FA

Gaines had a great game, as did all the DB's.....and its been a while since thats happened...

Interesting how, when the DB's all come together, our D does excellent....sacks go up....3 and outs start happening....and all is good in the world again....

Who woulda thunk it.....???

Archived