THE BROWNS BOARD

Glenn Winston

gftChris

My heart sank for this kid. He FINALLY gets his chance, and BOOM...awful fumble. However, I read that Winston had a concussion? Is that correct? I mean, if he got a concussion on the play he fumbled the ball, can he really be blamed?

Farmer was also responsible for every single person that scored a point for us yesterday.

So, three cheers indeed.

Barnidge was a Chud move, FWIW. Yes, Farmer was on the staff, but as assistant, I can't imagine anyone but Chud had much to say about it, since they were together in Carolina.

Barnidge was a Chud move, FWIW. Yes, Farmer was on the staff, but as assistant, I can't imagine anyone but Chud had much to say about it, since they were together in Carolina.

Fair enough.

But if that's the case, I would call Gilbert a Pettine move and Manziel a Haslam move, then.

Fair enough.

But if that's the case, I would call Gilbert a Pettine move and Manziel a Haslam move, then.

And I'd somewhat agree, but it's not the same league. Journeyman backup TE is a lot less of an investment than first pick of a new regime:

“He has worked hard to develop as both a blocker and a receiver. His familiarity with our offense will give him the opportunity to make a smooth transition with us. In Carolina, he also stood out on our special teams unit, and should be an integral part of that phase here with the Browns.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Browns-agree-to-terms-with-Barnidge/acf8f7c6-4f25-4bb9-96ca-dea2a655d793

With Gilbert, Farmer's got to also be all in. His first pick as a GM can't be someone he's not 100% sure on. His second shouldn't be either, but that's another matter.

And I'd somewhat agree, but it's not the same league.

With Gilbert, Farmer's got to also be all in. His first pick as a GM can't be someone he's not 100% sure on.

Right.....Banner signed Barnidge because Chud had worked with him and knew him as a player....

Pett never worked with Gilbert and had to make decisions based only on the scouting info provided to him by...????.....Farmer and our scouts, of course....

Maybe if the scouting report said Gilbert was a head case, they wouldnt have drafted him?.....same with West and, maybe, JM...

Winston will only see the field in the case of emergency.

This is the kind of running game I envisioned when the season began: Historical Metaphors coming: The Crow playing the role of Kevin Mack/Mike Pruitt...and Duke playing the role of Ernest Byner/Greg Pruitt.

Winston can be Herman Fontenot if he ever figures anything out.

Was surprised we did not see Winston late when the game was in hand, but may have been in protocol by then.

Chris, was he on Special teams?

Pett never worked with Gilbert and had to make decisions based only on the scouting info provided to him by...????.....Farmer and our scouts, of course....

Maybe if the scouting report said Gilbert was a head case, they wouldnt have drafted him?.....same with West and, maybe, JM...

Absolutely... HC should ID the needs and GM/Scoutmaster ID the talent.

Pet may well have seen Gilbert play and/or his Combine numbers, and liked him... even lusted for him, but that only makes your point about "head case" detection even more important... so the GM can save his HC from himself.

Was it just me, or did he also run the wrong direction on his carry? Seemed like he avoided a hole and killed potential yardage even before the ball was knocked out.

Difficult to judge a guy on one solitary carry. But that was a rough one.

"Difficult to judge a guy on one solitary catt"? It sure as heck is...it's impossible and stupid, but that's what some of the so-called "fans" (read "haters") do here.

Archived