THE BROWNS BOARD

Austin Pasztor

The Gipper

Austin William Pasztor (born November 26, 1990) is an American football offensive tackle for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL).

Pasztor finished his college eligibility with the Virginia Cavaliers.[1] He was selected fourth overall by the Edmonton Eskimos in the 2012 CFL Draft. He was ranked as the fourth best player in the Canadian Football League’s Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings for players eligible in the 2012 CFL Draft.[2]

On August 31, 2012 as the Vikings reduced their roster down to league maximum of 53 players, he was released.[3]

Pasztor was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad on September 17, 2012. He was promoted to the active roster on December 14. He started three games for the Jaguars in 2012.

On October 2, 2013 the Jaguars announced that they had traded starting left tackle Eugene Monroe to the Baltimore Ravens. Monroe's left tackle position was filled by Luke Joeckel, paving the way for Pasztor to become the team's starting right tackle despite the fact he had been primarily used at guard in the past.

He was released by the Jaguars on September 5, 2015.[4]

He was claimed off of waivers by the Cleveland Browns on September 6th, 2015. [5].....and did a find job in his first start.

Didn't realize it, but talking with some CFL fans up here in good ol Canada, it appears Pasztor was a guy a lot of Eskimos fans were pretty excited about. They've been wanting him to play there for some time.

I said in the Tavern during the game that it appeared as though he was the biggest difference in the run game. Crow kept running through holes he was making for him and it made a HUGE difference.

I hope he keeps it up. Was awesome to see the Browns with a ground game for once.

that's a good point, crow was finding that hole between guard and tackle all day on that side. But that was SF. Paztor has to do that against competent lineman for me to get excited. The week prior he did only slightly better against the Bengals than Erving did, at least he kept the guys infront of him but he was still getting deposited in Austins lap every down.

He was claimed by the Browns off waivers since September.....Where has he been? Not on the active roster. On the PS?

He's been on the active roster all year. He was the 7th OL, and the first five were healthy for the first half of the year. Then Bito went down, and we tried to replaced him with Erving, but he sucked. So Louis Pasztor got his shot and the running game has looked amazingly good the past game and a half while he has been in there.

Zombo

And Paz got bulled deep a couple times against SF in PassPro... once by Brooks whom Paz outweighed by ~50 lbs. But Brooks did have a head of steam coming off a loop.

He's been on the active roster all year. He was the 7th OL, and the first five were healthy for the first half of the year. Then Bito went down, and we tried to replaced him with Erving, but he sucked. So Louis Pasztor got his shot and the running game has looked amazingly good the past game and a half while he has been in there.

Zombo

Really.....he just led a quiet Pasztoral existence as a Browns backup Offensive lineman? ;)

And Paz got bulled deep a couple times against SF in PassPro... once by Brooks whom Paz outweighed by ~50 lbs. But Brooks did have a head of steam coming off a loop.

I could be wrong, but my memory has him as the guy who got bulled over on the Monday night FG block that went to the house.....

***of course, Im sure that was more an issue of Coaching, than actually poor play on the part of Pasztor.....

I could be wrong, but my memory has him as the guy who got bulled over on the Monday night FG block that went to the house.....

***of course, Im sure that was more an issue of Coaching, than actually poor play on the part of Pasztor.....

I thought that was our dynamite team of erving and shelton? ;)

I thought that was our dynamite team of erving and shelton? ;)

I just rewatched the play and it looks like I was wrong....so stand corrected.....

It was between Hughlett and Greco.....and looked like they didnt really get pushed back(Like Shelton and Cam) but it was more of a very high jump/reach by the D lineman...

I just rewatched the play and it looks like I was wrong....so stand corrected.....

It was between Hughlett and Greco.....and looked like they didnt really get pushed back(Like Shelton and Cam) but it was more of a very high jump/reach by the D lineman...

On that one FG that was blocked, I think Erving is STILL flying backwards. LMAO. (it might have been the block, or the one that the defender just missed...don't remember. Just remember Erving flying backwards like he was a stunt double in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon")

Archived