THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Awaken: STAR WARS

TypicalBrowns

Yep, makes as much sense as Farmer leading us to the promised land. Rest my case. :P

Gip-yep the next one starts shooting in Jan and due out Oct 2016.

Well, considering it happened in the movie, you just gave Farmer your endorsement.

Also, I'm worried Covenant won't address much of what happened in Prometheus.

I'm 33 and never seen a minute of Star Wars film, makes me a weirdo, I am told.

I actually like science fiction movies but have never seen a Stat Wars movie and I'm 53. Perhaps I'll check this one out. Speaking of Scyfy did anyone watch Childhoods End mini series on Scfy this week? I loved it.

I actually like science fiction movies but have never seen a Stat Wars movie and I'm 53. Perhaps I'll check this one out. Speaking of Scyfy did anyone watch Childhoods End mini series on Scfy this week? I loved it.

I recorded it and am now in episode 2 so don't ruin it for me.

Just saw it, actually kind of a let down. It has its moments but is nowhere near worth the praise or hype. Definitely is worth seeing once though if your a fan like me.

Just not a fan of the direction they took is all.

I posted my "preliminary" review over on West Side Steve's movie forum if you're interested. (no spoilers) I'll just say- if you're expecting the best Star Wars ever- you're going to be disappointed. I agree with the one review I read- very good, but not "great".

As a big fan of the series- but not to the extent I'll ever dress up in costume for a premier- I've got some issues with the mythology that I'll expound on later when more folks have seen it.

I posted my "preliminary" review over on West Side Steve's movie forum if you're interested. (no spoilers) I'll just say- if you're expecting the best Star Wars ever- you're going to be disappointed. I agree with the one review I read- very good, but not "great".

As a big fan of the series- but not to the extent I'll ever dress up in costume for a premier- I've got some issues with the mythology that I'll expound on later when more folks have seen it.

From a purely technical standpoint, I think it was the third, possibly second best movie in the franchise.

Being that I'm only 26, I never experienced the original trilogy in theaters, so I don't have the same nostalgia feeling as others. My earliest memories are visiting my family in Youngstown and getting sick and just watching the trilogy back to back to back because I had nothing else to do - still great memories, but not a theatrical premier.

With that said, the pacing is much better than A New Hope...and possibly even Empire Strikes Back. Both of those movies had periods that dragged on. For ANH, it was most of the first half; for ESB, it was most of the second act, some of the third.

TFH didn't have that, in my opinion. Each scene had a purpose, each scene wasn't purely filler before the next battle. That's something I believe Abrams has always been talented at - the scenes that make the cutting room floor deserve to be there. His movies are some of the most all killer, no filler movies.

With all of that said, this movie had the same FEEL as ANH - and there's a line uttered in there that leads me to believe that's the point. I think Kasdan dropped a line in there that was meant for a character as well as the fanbase. No spoilers, though.

All in all, I loved it. The casting was spot on, the marriage of practical effects and CGI was perfect, the landscapes were awe-inspiring, the nods to the OT were perfectly constructed; there were no forced heavy-handed references or jokes, and the chemistry was there.

From a purely technical standpoint, I think it was the third, possibly second best movie in the franchise.

Being that I'm only 26, I never experienced the original trilogy in theaters, so I don't have the same nostalgia feeling as others. My earliest memories are visiting my family in Youngstown and getting sick and just watching the trilogy back to back to back because I had nothing else to do - still great memories, but not a theatrical premier.

With that said, the pacing is much better than A New Hope...and possibly even Empire Strikes Back. Both of those movies had periods that dragged on. For ANH, it was most of the first half; for ESB, it was most of the second act, some of the third.

TFH didn't have that, in my opinion. Each scene had a purpose, each scene wasn't purely filler before the next battle. That's something I believe Abrams has always been talented at - the scenes that make the cutting room floor deserve to be there. His movies are some of the most all killer, no filler movies.

With all of that said, this movie had the same FEEL as ANH - and there's a line uttered in there that leads me to believe that's the point. I think Kasdan dropped a line in there that was meant for a character as well as the fanbase. No spoilers, though.

All in all, I loved it. The casting was spot on, the marriage of practical effects and CGI was perfect, the landscapes were awe-inspiring, the nods to the OT were perfectly constructed; there were no forced heavy-handed references or jokes, and the chemistry was there.

I loved a new hope. My second favorite movie after fellowship of the ring.

I really like the character development. I thought the ending of ANH was a little cop out but he was limited on time and money. Just a minute of celebration?

But overall loved AHN. So I'm pumped if the new one is in the same formula.

I loved a new hope. My second favorite movie after fellowship of the ring.

I really like the character development. I thought the ending of ANH was a little cop out but he was limited on time and money. Just a minute of celebration?

But overall loved AHN. So I'm pumped if the new one is in the same formula.

Then you're going to be very happy. Call it ANH 40 years down the road.

Then you're going to be very happy. Call it ANH 40 years down the road.

Which I think is the perfect re-introduction.

Similar != same, in my opinion. The similarities in the story, plot, character development, are reflective of a line uttered by Moz Kanata that I won't repeat here...but I think they kind of show the line of thinking from Kasdan and Abrams.

As a matter of fact, Moz has probably the hardest hitting dialogue of the whole movie. I wish there were a spoiler area where we could discuss this.

Which I think is the perfect re-introduction.

Similar != same, in my opinion. The similarities in the story, plot, character development, are reflective of a line uttered by Moz Kanata that I won't repeat here...but I think they kind of show the line of thinking from Kasdan and Abrams.

As a matter of fact, Moz has probably the hardest hitting dialogue of the whole movie. I wish there were a spoiler area where we could discuss this.

Then let's take it to Steve's Movie review forum, I'll title it Star Wars: TFA, Spoiler Alerts, and blast away. :)

Archived