THE BROWNS BOARD

Mr. Hero Curse?

ForeverCleveland

Conclusion: Sub-sammies are bad for you...

but I used to love Mr. H's sausage tunnel sammies... on visits "home" I used to stop by one on the way from the airport... smothered in mushrooms...

Of course they dropped them years ago...

Hartline made it most of the way.

I think part of the issue is Mr. Hero doesn't get endorsement deals with the big time "Lebron James" and "Nick Swishers" (he was a big name when we signed him) . In other words, so many of our player suck it's like hitting a baseball with a pool noodle - they aren't going to hit a home run on any endorsements that often.

On another note, Mr. Hero is good for me about once a year. Usually when I'm driving past I think "Oh Mr. Hero that sounds different haven't had that in awhile." Then I have deep regret after eating it so much so that I go another year without eating it.

Is Mr Hero like Subway?

No.

It's a glorious place where you can get a hot sub sandwich with burger patties, salami, mayo, cheese with a little lettuce and tomato for decoration that leaves the bag dripping in grease. Then you can couple it with waffle fries and plasticky "cheese" sauce for dipping.

It's really good, but I'd probably only really lean towards it when I'm hungover. I think it's only a NE Ohio thing, but they may have some down in Columbus not sure.

No.

It's a glorious place where you can get a hot sub sandwich with burger patties, salami, mayo, cheese with a little lettuce and tomato for decoration that leaves the bag dripping in grease. Then you can couple it with waffle fries and plasticky "cheese" sauce for dipping.

It's really good, but I'd probably only really lean towards it when I'm hungover. I think it's only a NE Ohio thing, but they may have some down in Columbus not sure.

Really cleans the pipes, if you know what I mean....;)

Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

WSS

Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

WSS

Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

You stood there and watched?

Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

And I've never paid for Subway up front. How shitty is your credit? ;)

This is why mass shootings occur.

:D

WSS

I find this hard to believe.

Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

The bitch is... I did speak up. I watched him put it on and said to stop. The slack jawed moron just stood there and said he had too. I wanted my money back and was flat out refused cause the manager wasn't present. That was in 4 Oaks N C, 2011. No money for sub way since. Substandard.. I just throw a porterhouse on the grill for way less anyway.

:D

WSS

Everyone pays first there...ala Soup Nazi. Fast food credit? i just use cash. Im kinda old school that way

Everyone pays first there...ala Soup Nazi. Fast food credit? i just use cash. Im kinda old school that way

Not calling you a liar. Just saying I've never ever been in a subway that made me pay first. Are you perhaps in the ghetto? I've also never had a subway employee be anything less than courteous.

If the ones down there behave in that manner I'd never go back.

PS I think you missed the credit joke. ;)

WSS

No.

That sounds awesome. Going to have to find one on my next trip.

Zombo

--Flyingfooldoug and Lettucegate ... How does that happen?

I might just do something equally assholish and open the sandwich right there at the counter and pick off the lettuce and toss it on the floor piece by piece.

WSS

This is an awesome thread!!!!!!...............I would do the same.......

Regardless the story doesn't add up.

I never been to a subway that forced me to eat something I didn't want.

Right...plus, I never been to a Subway that doesnt have a bunch of minimum wage kids working there.....so how can someone NOT control that situation......????

At every single Subway Ive ever been to, you start at one end(opposite the register) and move down the counter, while telling them exactly what you want on the sammich and they make it for you....and then, at the very end, is the cash register, where they ask if you want a drink or a cookie.....and then you pay them.....every time.....

Not a big fan of "Scamway" sandwiches.. the sandwich with all veggies and little or no meat is just a pure ripoff...I like Papa Joe's better...At least there you get real grilled subs.. not nuked like Scamway.

Archived