THE BROWNS BOARD

Mr. Hero Curse?

ForeverCleveland

Not a big fan of "Scamway" sandwiches.. the sandwich with all veggies and little or no meat is just a pure ripoff...I like Papa Joe's better...At least there you get real grilled subs.. not nuked like Scamway.

Preach it, brother....

Not Browns, but Jared Fogel and RGIII haven't had such a good run either.....

That's Subway, not Mr. Hero. Wonder how much business Jared cost Doctors Associates- who own the Franchise. Surprising they're the second largest- after McDonald's. They got big because if you're a franchisee- you have to kick in almost 5% of your gross sales to pay for all those ads. Power of advertising, just because you show up on TV a lot doesn't necessarily make your product good- you listening Pizza Hut?

You must be sickly. There's nothing wrong with the chow at either of those places.

;)

WSS

Subway is WAY overpriced for the quality\quantity you're getting- (three measly slices of ham & cheese on a ham sub- if you want more it's going to be extra) I'll take Mickey D's on price\quality- or any of the local sub shops. Penn Station & the Submarine House are SW Ohio. Their $5 subs blow Subway away. I noticed DiBella's has locations in Cleveland- I'll take those over Bread&VeggieWay too

Well I've never had a bitch with the quality at Subway and I've got enough money to say double that meat sir!

Quiznos is great but there aren't many of them.

But I am a big fan of the steak McMuffin at mickys.

Speaking of health food has anyone had Antonio's pizza? They just opened one near me and they are fucking great. Closest I've had to Trecaso's.

WSS

Well I've never had a bitch with the quality at Subway and I've got enough money to say double that meat sir!

Quiznos is great but there aren't many of them.

But I am a big fan of the steak McMuffin at mickys.

Speaking of health food has anyone had Antonio's pizza? They just opened one near me and they are fucking great. Closest I've had to Trecaso's.

WSS

The first Antonios pizza was in Parma on Snow Rd and opened in the 1960's, about 1/4 mile from my parents house. So I'm familiar. However, I prefer Angies in North Royalton.

And the steak bagel/McMuffn used to be good years ago, now the steak is 90 percent gristle.

If you travel South threw NC stop by the Jersey Mike's for some of the Freshest Subs on Earth. But you may want to hurry cause "Mike" might be gone too ;)!! :mad: :mad:

If you travel South threw NC stop by the Jersey Mike's for some of the Freshest Subs on Earth. But you may want to hurry cause "Mike" might be gone too ;)!! :mad: :mad:

Mike lives here too....Jersey Mikes in willoughby makes great subs!.....and Cosmic Dave in painesville.....same deal.....screw them chains when you have Mike and Dave around

I wasn't crazy about cosmic daves but I only had it one time.

Dibellas might be my favorite multi location quick sandwich stop. Potbelly is also really good.

Penn station and Mr hero are good if you're looking to step up your cholesterol game.

Penn Station is peerless in terms of delicious sandwiches that are terrible for you.

Penn Station is peerless in terms of delicious sandwiches that are terrible for you.

I suppose when you come right down to it- that's what SubWay is pitching. "Healthy" subs. But compared to real sub shops, the bread is meh- and as has been pointed out- they're real heavy on lettuce & veggies, and real short on costly ingredients like meat and cheese. Though turkey and chicken aren't exactly in the high end steak price range. Definitely a business model designed to maximize profit. Only fast food chain that I've ever seen put out a tip jar. They consider themselves a restaurant, and are paying employees 1\2 minimum wage?

Mike lives here too....Jersey Mikes in willoughby makes great subs!.....and Cosmic Dave in painesville.....same deal.....screw them chains when you have Mike and Dave around

Ditto on Mike in Tejas...

And meat did not use to be an issue at Subway... always got their Oven Roasted Chicken. But last time I had one, the chicken thickness had shrunk by half.

Archived