THE BROWNS BOARD

Surrogate mother pressured to have abortion by "parents"

Pumpkin Eater

This is not the point of abortion. This is specifically the opposite of what abortion advocates envisage - these are people specifically choosing to have children, preparing their lives for months and year to that aim, and not liking the outcome. Not even, "sorry folks, your kid will be blind, deaf, mute and quadriplegic" just "one's a girl" and they're like 'nope'.

Those parents do not deserve children.

well the surrogate doesn't want to abort cause she can contractually hold the parents to an extra $5000. So lets' pump the brakes on deifying the surrogate. The parents would let her go ahead and have the 3rd child if they weren't on the hook for $5k. Might seem shitty on the surface but perhaps there's some financial stress the couple didn't foresee and now they are going to be contractually obligated to the surrogate if she delivers the kid. It's not a black and white situation. If that extra $5k potentially impacted the parents ability to care for the entire family, than a reasonable person can understand that this is murky. But I also understand the surrogates position, I did this for you and we got triplets so you owe me for the wear and tear i'm putting my body through. If parents were allowed to bow out of such a contract with a surrogate, the surrogate could theoretically be left stuck with 3 children she has no means to care for.

I smell a supreme court case. The parents should be legally required to put the money in an escrow.

So you value a human baby at 5 grand. Got it.

I didn't say I value anything at any price. What I said was it becomes somewhat understandable if the parents were going to experience severe financial hardship if they were to be forced to part with the extra $5k. If it impacted their ability to care for all 3 children than it's not a nice decision to have to make but it becomes a gray area. Women make a similar decision all the time if the doctors tell them look, one of those twins is bringing down the whole pregnancy. Both will die and you might die as well, if we can abort one of the twins the chances the other one surivives goes up multi fold.

It says $5,000 more for carrying two or more. The way that's worded sort of implies that it doesn't matter if it's triplets or quadruplets, it's just $5000 more regardless.

It's considered a "breach of the surrogate contract" that she is refusing to abort one of the fetuses and now they have stopped paying her money.

If I was her I'd threaten to release their names to the public. That'd probably get them to shut up and honor the deal.

Ironically I just sold something on ebay that I shipped to Thousand Oaks CA yesterday which is where this woman lives.

Ironically I just sold something on ebay that I shipped to Thousand Oaks CA yesterday which is where this woman lives.

Hopefully that wasn't your last cool story for the day, any moar?

I troll I troll just givin you shit Ed.... :D

Yea actually I'm taking the day off tomorrow so I can do some painting. Using Sherwin Williams which is pretty good stuff.

Can we skip to the part of the story where it's drying? I think it'll be much more interesting.

Can we skip to the part of the story where it's drying? I think it'll be much more interesting.

SW Cashmere paint like what I have is self-leveling. Meaning it may take a bit longer to dry and look uneven at first. Eventually it'll be perfectly even and leave little trace of the roller and brushes.

Good stuff I recommend it

Yea actually I'm taking the day off tomorrow so I can do some painting. Using Sherwin Williams which is pretty good stuff.edw

Another example of constant emotional knee jerky change of subjects....

I prefer Benjamin Moore myself, but Sherwin Williams is pretty good paint too.

You take that back.

Yea actually I'm taking the day off tomorrow so I can do some painting. Using Sherwin Williams which is pretty good stuff.edw

Another example of constant emotional knee jerky change of subjects....

Everybody seems to unanimously agree that the parents who hired the surrogate mother are terrible people. Nothing more to discuss really.

When did this nonsense start in your life, cleavage?

I mean, you think your bs is globally unrefutable? When it's

so full of crap, it grows dandelions ten feet tall?

How DO you actually believe your nonsense?

Archived